Can you believe

Posted by: yoyo52

Can you believe - 10/10/02 07:57 PM

Here's the first paragraph of a review of Xserve:<br><br>"The Apple Xserve server, equipped with the new Mac OS X Server 10.2 operating system, defies categorization: It does many things well and at an affordable price. This rack-mountable (1U) server's flexibility comes from the combination of robust hardware, a great OS, and extensive software for almost every task you might expect from a server. The end result is a powerful file, Web, custom application, videoconferencing, and streaming audio and video server."<br><br>Glowing, right? So you'd think it was written for some Mac mag or web page. Guess again. To see the source, click here<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Can you believe - 10/10/02 08:01 PM

PC Mag... hmmm... I've also been noticing many PC catalogs selling Mac equipment as well.<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Can you believe - 10/10/02 08:11 PM

If that isn't bizarre, this sure is!<br><br>PC mags selling macs, Microsoft giving away iMacs AND money, what the heck is going on?!! Did we slip into another dimension?<br><br>

Re: Can you believe - 10/10/02 08:40 PM

Maybe Bill gates has been out of the country... you know what they say... when the boss is away, the idiots will play!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>
Posted by: carp

Re: Can you believe - 10/10/02 11:46 PM

Super<br><br>But post that over at MC and watch the resident trolls flame it from left to right to up to down.<br><br>Ya know who I mean.<br><br>

Re: Can you believe - 10/10/02 11:53 PM

Yeah... that might even bring out Alan Lomax from under his rock!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: Can you believe - 10/10/02 11:56 PM

Is there some how to ban that name <br><br>

Re: Can you believe - 10/10/02 11:57 PM

I wish!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: Can you believe - 10/11/02 12:00 AM

OMG<br>Are we somehow in a perverse way making him a Legend??<br><br>

Re: Can you believe - 10/11/02 12:02 AM

He's a legend in his own mind... and that's all I'm going to say about that, we don't want this place turning into a flame thread when the poor SOB isn't here to defend himself!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: Can you believe - 10/11/02 12:08 AM

Ahhhh<br>You brought that name up. Not me<br><br>

Re: Can you believe - 10/11/02 12:12 AM

I know... I'm kicking myself now...<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Can you believe - 10/11/02 12:15 AM

I brought him up today too...just called him the bloody toe guy though.<br><br>

Re: Can you believe - 10/11/02 12:17 AM

Need some help kicking yourself?<br>I have some Red Wing steal toe constuction booths.<br><br>Gives a great kick in the pants.<br><br>