“If you attack America,

Posted by: G4Dualie

“If you attack America, - 05/15/04 06:01 PM

then you too could end up in Guantanamo.” Major-General Geoffrey Miller<br><br>This statement, and more importantly the mindset, is chilling on so many levels. What I find deeply troubling is that this two-star general probably subsumed this attitude when he left Guantanamo to take over Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq. As a two-star general he posesses the ability to create paradigms.<br><br>I read that he served as an assistant chief of staff of operations in Korea. That speaks volumes about his real-world-experience training that would prepare him for Guantanamo. Military Operations is all about strategic planning and they work closely with the S4/G4 military element, which is Intelligence and Military Intelligence has a finger in everything, including a finger on the pulse of the Korean Marines!<br><br>I participated in Team Spirit twice while stationed in Japan and while we were busy playing our cold-war games against imaginary communist opponents, the Korean army was in a life and death struggle everyday. They play for keeps!<br><br>In the short while I was there in-country, I found the koreans to be an angry people, and not very friendly at all. Granted you have to take into account we're talking about a race of people who became codependent living in close-quarters with the military for the last forty years. My point is, torture is a way of life in korea. You can't live that close to pure evil (read: North Korea) and not become traumatized by it. <br><br>Korean marines are some of the worlds most deadliest foes, ever. They have perfected the craft of bringing a man to within an ounce of life left in him in order to obtain information. <br><br>The Sunday Herald goes on to say about General Miller, "Following a stint in personnel management at the Pentagon, he was plucked from relative obscurity in November 2002 to take command of the Joint Task Force Guantanamo Bay he was charged with bringing order and discipline to the Camp X-Ray detention facility in Cuba at a time when President George Bush’s administration wanted faster results from the interrogation of terrorist suspects from Afghanistan." <br><br>It would surprise me to find out that someone in the Pentagon had an epiphany while observing the General at work. A stint can't be considered a full tour of duty, but who knows what the author of the Herald's article meant by it. Perhaps it was realized the General was not a people person and his tour at the Pentagon was cut short. <br><br>Nevertheless, General Miller was given his orders from Rummy and the Pentagon's lawyers and as the saying goes, “befehl ist befehl, [orders are orders]’’ Yes, Yes, Yes, but, is it safe?<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue] “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel,” Samuel Johnson</font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by G4Dualie on 05/15/04 09:19 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>