If You're into Skulls

Posted by: yoyo52

If You're into Skulls - 10/01/02 07:10 PM

This is the place.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/01/02 07:13 PM

i see that you're into skulls<br>thanks for the scary pictures<br><br><br><br>rakka<br><br> Great Day!

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/01/02 07:14 PM

I've always had an interest in paleoanthropology, but also find paleontology fascinating.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/01/02 07:26 PM

aren't they the same thing? if not what are they? aren't they to do with bones and stuff. forgive me, i don't know about those things..<br><br>rakka<br><br> Great Day!

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/01/02 07:35 PM

paleoanthropology is the study of hominids, including us; paleontology includes that, but isn't limited to it.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/01/02 07:37 PM

is a homonid a monkey sort of thing?<br><br><br>rakka<br><br> Great Day!
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/01/02 07:59 PM

Is that you, Ross? <br><br>Alec
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/01/02 08:03 PM

LOL... I was thinking the same thing-a!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: iRock

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/01/02 08:07 PM

In the jungle, the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonigghhtt...<br><br>Away from the shoe, Marcell!<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and [Unix] BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.<br>Jeremy S. Anderson

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/01/02 08:08 PM

In the jungle, the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonigghhtt...<br><br>Away from the shoe, Marcell!<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and [Unix] BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.<br>Jeremy S. Anderson

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/01/02 08:32 PM

Hey, rakka, if you have 10.2, Sherlock 3 has a great dictionary, probably one of the best general ones, the American Heritage Dictionary. It's very convenient.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/01/02 08:39 PM

ok! thanks<br>i will never have to ask the meanings of words again!<br><br><br>rakka<br><br> Great Day!
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/01/02 08:59 PM

Coincidentally, David Schwimmer's on Letterman right now!<br><br>Alec
Posted by: carp

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/01/02 10:18 PM

I like forensic science, I find it fascinating.<br>How they find those facts that lead to the arrest of a murderer. <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/01/02 11:36 PM

I live by those shows on Discovery Channel... I love the True detectives, and FBI files, etc...<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: carp

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/02/02 01:05 AM

I almost never watch pay channels or free ones like CBS, NBC. Really theres nothing there to watch.<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/02/02 02:49 AM

This is a grrrreat site!<br><br>http://raszl.net

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/02/02 05:55 AM

Me too. Can't watch them when hubby is working graveyard, I get scared. But I like sitcoms too. And Trading Spaces/Changing Rooms/While You Were Out type shows. I mostly have it on while I'm on the computer though. I like the Mummy stuff and Ancient Egypt/Rome and Shipwreck/Historical.<br>Rick went on 4 12 hour days yesterday so he leaves just before I get home and gets home right after I leave. So I won't see him now until Friday night. It's kinda weird, we are sharing a house but never see one another. I smelled his coffee when I got home last night. Oh well *sigh* I guess we will adjust. He will get Fri,Sat,Sun,Mon off so I will see him then. And then I can watch the creepy shows again.<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and [Unix] BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.<br>Jeremy S. Anderson

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/02/02 06:01 AM

I have often wondered how they can recreate someone's face with just the skull to work with. When you think about it, it is a real art. Most skulls have the same general structure, but somehow, they can put a face on it that is similar to the original.<br>Go figure.<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: If You're into Skulls - 10/02/02 07:03 AM

Yoyo - that's a great link - thanks! My interest in skulls is more from an artistic standpoint - not only are they fascinating in and of themselves to draw, but in trying to illustrate the outside of a human or animal it's a big help to understand the underlying anatomical structures. I also thought the skulls in culture section was an interesting addition to the site. I was once a young and ardent Deadhead and therefore naturally intrigued with skull imagery of any kind.<br><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Scarey TV - 10/02/02 10:04 AM

Every Wednesday night, years ago, I use to love to watch Unsolved Mysteries. But. . .I had to turn off the volume until that introduction music was done playing because it scared the heck out of me. Don't know why, it just did. I can watch reruns and listen to it now. Strange things. . .<br><br>Occasionally now when I watch something really far out, I get a real feeling there might be something behind my chair. I have to turn around real quick [ when I work up enough courage ] to look behind me. Don't know what I'll do if I ever find anything. <br><br>