Help!!

Posted by: carp

Help!! - 09/22/02 12:25 PM

Sticky mouse cursor?<br>Just this last week my cursor when it passes over a clickable field it would stick there for a second and spring away.<br><br>Any suggestions Thanks.<br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 12:31 PM

This is a wild guess, but it could be a hardware problem. If you have another mouse, plug it in and see if it does the same thing.<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 12:33 PM

Put a little soft soap on a wet a cloth and clean curser. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

ROTF... - 09/22/02 12:36 PM

... LMAO!!!<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 12:42 PM

Nope I dont have another mouse thats USB, I have 2 that are serial.<br><br>I have cleaned the ball and the 3 little wheels inside.<br><br>Really weird like it trips over clickable areas, moves fine otherwise. Just trying to aviod runing disk first aide.<br><br>

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 12:43 PM

LOL<br>Wise gal.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 12:43 PM

It doesn't sound like a hardware problem since it happens only over clickable areas. Are you on X? If so, why not fsck?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 12:46 PM

I agree, this is a software problem, and possibly just a browser problem.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 12:47 PM

That's a thought. Have you tried another browser to see if the same thing happens?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 12:56 PM

OOoops sorry.<br>OS 9.1 G4 350 - mouse is that hockey puck doo hickey.<br>IE 5.0<br><br>No other browsers.<br>I guess I should run Disk First Aide before something really goes bad.<br>It seems that when my daugther runs Illustrator alot things start to get strange - just my observations.<br><br>Hey super Mahalos folks.<br><br>

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 12:59 PM

Good idea--blame your daughter <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 01:03 PM

Yeah... I think he should ground her to her room for a week... just for good measure! <br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 01:05 PM

Hummm<br>How do you ground a 28 year old??<br>Dang I feel old, now that I think about her age. Thanks guys.<br><br>

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 01:08 PM

Strap a copper wire around your daughters ankle and attach it to a water pipe.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 01:10 PM

WoW Doll your just full of laughs today.<br>What ya did at the party? Did hubbie get a little Friskey??<br><br>

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 01:21 PM

It was a GREAT party. I think. Everyone passed out cold. <br><br><br><br>

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 01:54 PM

That's the best kind <br><br>But I wouldn't strap a 28 year old down with wire. I'd make her buy me a new computer <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 02:04 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>But I wouldn't strap a 28 year old down with wire.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Too many twisted responses in my head... must seek help... <br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 02:06 PM

ROTF<br><br>Doing what is none of your beeswax <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 02:45 PM

Not you big guy that needs help.<br>Its yoyo that needs help. To strape a 28 year old down with wires and THEN ask for a computer - Yiiiikes.<br><br>

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 03:36 PM

Now be fair, I said I would[color:red]n't</font color=red> strap her down with wire, but would ask her to buy a new computer. I mean, a rodent that balks at links is just something up with which I would not put.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: MachOne

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 04:06 PM

something would up with which put you not?<br><br>

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 04:29 PM

there are waaaaaaaaaayyyy too many people smokin crack in here today!!!! <br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 04:41 PM

well... smokin' sumpin' anyway.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 07:16 PM

Hey, I was just quoting Winston Churchill, and the only thing he smoked was Cuban cigars.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Help!! - 09/22/02 08:27 PM

Your right.<br>I miss read your post.<br>I guess I was being a true "Yoyo" up and down up and down. <br><br>

Re: Help Update - 09/23/02 11:18 AM

Well I ran disk first aide and it did not fix the problem.<br>I then booted into a different xtension set - that worked. So I must have a xtension conflict somewhere.<br><br>Thanks all for your help.<br><br>

Re: Help Update - 09/23/02 11:23 AM

Some of the most notorious extension conflicts are USB drivers. In OS 9, I made a habit of turning all USB extensions off and then turning on one at a time to determine which were really necessary.<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: Help Update - 09/23/02 11:28 AM

Thanks I will look into that.<br>The Apple pro mouse won't work on my system properly.<br>Plus my Umax USB scanner never did work.<br><br>