IBM Chip

Posted by: yoyo52

IBM Chip - 09/14/02 08:49 PM

This link might be interesting to some of you. I'll admit that the issues raised are way beyond me, and I'll also say that what I do understand about it doesn't convince me that Apple and IBM are dancing together towards an announcement that will make all Mac users ecstatic--but it doesn't hurt to hope. I mean, I thought the cube would sell like hotcakes <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: IBM Chip - 09/14/02 09:00 PM

If you only knew what I know! <br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: IBM Chip - 09/14/02 09:11 PM

And that is . . . .<br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: IBM Chip - 09/14/02 09:23 PM

I could tell you, but then I would have to smack you around with a cardboard tube!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: IBM Chip - 09/14/02 09:37 PM

Hey, if it's long distance, AZ to PA, I don't mind the pain <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: IBM Chip - 09/14/02 09:42 PM

Living in PA has got to painful enough... I don't want to pile-on! My people contacted some people who know some peope... and I'm told that IBM is goooooooood!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: IBM Chip - 09/14/02 10:01 PM

MacGizmo knows nothing...can't believe you fell for it, YoYo! <br><br>

Re: IBM Chip - 09/14/02 10:04 PM

Well, then, he knows about as much as I do.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: IBM Chip - 09/15/02 05:44 AM

There are folks at IBM who have a certain fondness for Apple and it's products, and would love to see the company flourish. A family member of mine has a 15 year history with IBM and agrees the notion of an "IBM processor in an Apple computer is not impossible".<br><br>I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this idea pans out.<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: IBM Chip - 09/15/02 08:10 AM

Got this one over at TMO, where there's a thread on the subject. More nonsense, I guess <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: IBM Chip - 09/15/02 08:51 AM

Actually, I have two sources who are both telling me the same thing... Intel rumors are a joke, IBM rumors.... Um, who told you about that, I can't talk about it right now, please don't tell anyone I said anything about that project!<br><br>I wouldn't discount ANYTHING you hear about IBM/Apple.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: IBM Chip - 09/15/02 11:31 AM

I don't discount the idea of IBM either. My company has a strategic alliance with IBM with their Life Sciences division. Something is going on that I'm not privy to but I do know all the instrumentation at my work is slowly going mac and the rumour is NO more $MS by the end of 2004. It had been rumoured the Admin was going Linux. Maybe it's not. Maybe it's mac. Wow, that would be cause for celebration for both Apple and for me. <br><br><br><br>

Re: IBM Chip - 09/15/02 04:45 PM

Yes indeed!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>