Blog (WebLog) info wanted.

Posted by: MacGizmo

Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/14/02 01:45 PM

I know nothing about them, but I'm seeing them everywhere. What are they in technical terms, how easy are they to set up and use on the Mac, where can I get one, and what do you use yours for?<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/14/02 03:06 PM

I don't have one..but from what I understand, it's a web-based diary...or similar to a diary. <br><br>A quick search with Google got me this http://www.blogger.com/<br><br>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/14/02 03:19 PM

i know that they are web based so it won't matter what OS you have running, as far as how easy it depends on wich site you use. Try going to TechTV and search for "blog".<br><br>

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/14/02 03:23 PM

Also try Greymatter<br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/14/02 08:11 PM

here is one use for a Blog <br>and another way to do it <br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/14/02 08:56 PM

OK, I tried blogger.com, created a blog - it's very finicky, I got several errors, MS VBScript errors, but finally managed to get one post on my blog. Also, I can't update anything in the "preferences" - more errors. Other than that, I can't really find a good use for it.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/14/02 08:56 PM

thanks to everyone for all the info.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/14/02 09:13 PM

How about Penn State offense? Passing, no less! Whatever happened to three yards and a cloud of dust?!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/14/02 09:21 PM

I didn't notice... is Penn State throwing the ball nowadays???<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/14/02 09:39 PM

Beat Nebraska 40-7 tonight, and got going mostly with the pass. Later that set up the run, but in the first half they had over 200 yards passing and 85 or so running. Hard to believe.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/14/02 09:44 PM

Nebraska.... as in the Cornhuskers? They beat Nebraska???? Unbelievable!!!! NotreDame beat #7 Michigan today, in a game that had more fumbles, interceptions, penalties and screw-ups than any full season combined!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/16/02 09:51 AM

I was up at Penn state yesterday (15th... i think), there is good Asian food there! <br><br>

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/16/02 09:52 AM

......Just a random thought. <br><br>

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/16/02 03:09 PM

State College is a nice place to be for undergraduates. I had a lot of fun there--a [color:red]lot</font color=red> of fun. But it's a little too isolated for the fun to last.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/16/02 05:59 PM

I agree, i like the location of Pitt better. <br><br>

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/16/02 06:06 PM

Yeah, Pittsburgh is a great city, and Pitt a great school, especially if it comes free <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Blog (WebLog) info wanted. - 09/17/02 09:43 AM

......... freee! <br><br>