Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable

Posted by: MacGizmo

Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/12/02 09:22 AM

This company is actually making money off dead people (literally!!!)<br><br>lifegem.com<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/12/02 11:17 AM

Sounds like a big ripoff to me, you give them a loved one's dead body.... and they give you a fake diamond!?<br><br>

Re: Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/12/02 01:34 PM

not only that, but how do you know that the carbon of YOUR loved one was used to make YOUR diamond... for all you know you could be wearing Joe Schmoe's dead dog around your neck!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/12/02 03:16 PM

Wow! well with that thought in mind i'm going to go buy myself one right now! <br><br>

Re: Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/12/02 03:21 PM

If you want to see somthing shameless, pathetic, and unbeliveable look at this site of the BCC<br><br>
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/12/02 03:44 PM

I find it very funny instead!<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/12/02 04:34 PM

I'd heard about this before. I agree with Krasni--it's funny. I always thought that people became more polished as they aged, but now I guess the goal is to become and remain a diamond in the rough <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/12/02 07:54 PM

Whatever happened to just getting grey hair, eating dinner through a straw and dieing a nice peaceful death!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/12/02 09:00 PM

That's what I plan on doing, MacGiizmo. But I guess the diamond bit is for the same crowd that takes dead pets to the taxidermist. That's pretty funny too. Grotesque, but funny.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/12/02 09:24 PM

I creamated my last dog and keep her ashes in a nice oak box, but I can't imagine getting any joy out of seeing her hanging on my wall day after day.... yik!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/13/02 07:37 AM

I thought that the BCC was very funny the first time i went there, but after a while i realized that they were actually serious. I think they are repulsive if you ask me!<br><br>
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/13/02 07:58 AM

The whole thing is repulsive, I agree. It's funny for me to see the site, but it's sad if I think they have clients, people who think seriously of buying that objects.<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/13/02 08:00 AM

<p>You can donate your body to a german artist prof. Gunther von Hagens, so that he can plasticise you after your death and <a href="http://www.bodyworlds.com">exhibit</a> it to the millions of visitors. I've seen it in Austria few years ago. It's really shocking. For example there's a cross section of a real 5 month pregnant woman with a fetus inside. Or a chess player, whose scull is partially removed, so you can peek inside to see the brain.</p><br><p><a href="http://www.bodyworlds.com">[img]http://www.bodyworlds.com/images/shared_gb/hm.jpg" width="176" height="401" border="0[/img]</a><br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/13/02 08:43 AM

so,...<br> now a diamond can really be a girls best friend... <br>or her mother <br>or her brother <br>or her uncle....<br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================

Re: Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/13/02 09:03 AM

LOL<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Shameless, pathetic & unbelievable - 09/13/02 11:34 AM

... or her dog... don't forget her dog!!!! <br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>