Maybe get Family Pack cheaper?

Posted by: yoyo52

Maybe get Family Pack cheaper? - 09/10/02 08:17 PM

I called the Apple Store this afternoon to see if it's possible to have the price of the single-user license for Jag deducted from the Family Pack. I mean, if I've already paid for one license, I don't want to pay full price for five more--I just want to pay in total what the Family Pack price is.<br><br>So anyway, first I hit 2, which is for "old orders." The wait time was 32 minutes. So I thought I'd be brilliant and call the number again, this time punching 1, which is for "new orders." This time the operator came on right away. I explained what I wanted to know, and she said she thought it was possible to do it, but that she'd have to check. And then she transferred me to the "old orders" operator (probably one lonely guy way in the back room).<br><br>Anyway, I didn't have time to wait a half hour on the line, so I stopped the call. Still, I'm going to try again and see if it's possible.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Maybe get Family Pack cheaper? - 09/10/02 08:30 PM

Um, OK.<br><br>Tomorrow, I plan on printing out some web pages... next week, I'll tell you why... <br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Maybe get Family Pack cheaper? - 09/10/02 09:07 PM

At least I now have something to look forward to next week! I NEVER plan that far ahead. This is exciting!!!<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: Maybe get Family Pack cheaper? - 09/10/02 09:09 PM

Stay tuned... next month we cover the Canadian release of iReefer, Apple's latest iSmoke app!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Maybe get Family Pack cheaper? - 09/11/02 08:10 AM

Sweet, or do you have to pay another $130 for a .1 upgrade to 10.3? <br><br>

Re: Maybe get Family Pack cheaper? - 09/11/02 08:20 AM

Free upgrade, just $10 usage fee for passing it around!! <br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Maybe get Family Pack cheaper? - 09/12/02 04:39 PM

I called back the Apple Store today--no joy in mudville. I did say to the nice lady on the other end of the line that she ought to drop a hint in the suggestion box. Once again the early adopter gets the short end of the license agreement, so to speak.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Maybe get Family Pack cheaper? - 09/12/02 07:54 PM

that really blows!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>