Salads are worse than burgers!!

Posted by:

Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 02:28 PM

At McD's, anyway:<br><br><font size=" 3">McDonald's Salad Has More Fat Than Cheeseburger</font><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>For example, on the new menu to be launched at the end of this month, a "Caesar salad with Chicken Premiere" contains 18.4 grams of fat compared with 11.5 grams of fat in a standard cheeseburger.<p><hr></blockquote><p>True, but how many people eat just one tiny cheeseburger at McD's?? They usually get at least two, and more often than not it's eaten with fries. A person ordering a salad usually gets that and nothing else.<br><br>
Posted by: lislaz

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 02:32 PM

Is it me or is the entire post's font just extra large? <br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 02:34 PM

It's just you.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 02:38 PM

time for new glasses....<br><br>
Posted by: djstefan

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 02:53 PM

I eat 2 BigMacs for a meal. Sometimes 3 <br><br>_________________________________________<br>http://www.geocities.com/djstefan/bush.gif<br>http://www.magicrecords.com.pl/img/swf/player1.html
Posted by:

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 03:01 PM

Now I'm hungry.<br><br>
Posted by: cherry

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 03:03 PM

That is not to mention the 25 different pesticides— reeeaaal healthy like!<br><br> [color:yellow]We rarely confide in those who are better than we are. </font color=yellow> [color:orange]Albert Camus </font color=orange>
Posted by:

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 03:04 PM

In the burgers or salads? Or both???<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 03:14 PM

Of course. Any salad with creamy dressing is loaded with fat. A steak and baked potato have less fat than a caesar salad.<br><br>However, if you compare that cheeseburger to a garden salad with vinaigrette dressing...<br><br>

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 03:15 PM

Salads= Pesticides <br>Burgers= Growth Hormones and antibiotics (given to the animals, <br>passed onto you when you eat them)<br>…this is true for also every fast food restaurant.<br><br>Please read through some of this:<br>http://www.mcspotlight.org/<br><br> [color:yellow]We rarely confide in those who are better than we are. </font color=yellow> [color:orange]Albert Camus </font color=orange>
Posted by:

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 03:16 PM

Chinese food is still okay, right? Please say it is. Oh God, please!!! <br><br>
Posted by: djstefan

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 03:18 PM

Today is Tuesday too, BigMac day at McDonalds!!! Yumm yumm.... I had 2 X 10" subs from a Vietnamese place for lunch though.... <br><br>_________________________________________<br>http://www.geocities.com/djstefan/bush.gif<br>http://www.magicrecords.com.pl/img/swf/player1.html

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 03:28 PM

I guess that depends…<br>http://www.wspa.org.uk/index.php?page=596<br><br> [color:yellow]We rarely confide in those who are better than we are. </font color=yellow> [color:orange]Albert Camus </font color=orange>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 03:30 PM

It may contain MSG. Sorry, ya can't eat that either.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 03:36 PM

I hate MSG it always gives me the worst indigestion.<br><br>"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman
Posted by:

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 03:41 PM

MSG?? I've never been there. I've been to the Wachovia Center in Philly, though. <br><br>

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 03:46 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Of course. Any salad with creamy dressing is loaded with fat. A steak and baked potato have less fat than a caesar salad.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Nothing like a nice salad....washed down with a steak and butter smothered baked potato.<br><br>

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 03:54 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I've been to the Wachovia Center in Philly, though.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>You knew her too? I heard she put on a few pounds.<br><br>

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 03:55 PM

I've never ever had subs from a Vietnamese restaurant before? What do they put into it?<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 04:31 PM

I've never ever had subs from a Vietnamese restaurant before? What do they put into it?<br><br>As a dog lover, I wouldn't ask that if I were you.<br><br>[color:red]You slap my back, I'll slap yours!</font color=red>
Posted by: LoveTheBomb

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 04:39 PM

Hehe, I was just there a couple days ago. Sign, I still call it the FU center.<br><br>-Matt<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/09/04 04:48 PM

I still call it Corestates Center. In fact I typed that and had to back up! <br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/10/04 12:10 AM

I hate the food at McDonald's. Every time I try it, I get sick.<br><br>

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/10/04 09:12 AM

This just in: Food is bad for you!!!<br><br>Seriously, there's no point in living a long time if you don't enjoy your life. Now pass the sour creme!<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/10/04 09:13 AM

Agreed. If being fat makes you happy, then go for it.<br><br>Just don't expect to be happy as long as some other people...<br><br>[color:red]You slap my back, I'll slap yours!</font color=red>

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/10/04 09:31 AM

Please don't get me wrong, I do enjoy myself and good food.<br><br>If you are telling me that eating Mcd's is enjoying life and good food<br>I must say— Boyeeee you so crazy!!!!<br><br>Hey check it out, my favorite restaurant:<br>http://sublimeveg.com/<br><br>Now this is living! I have taken hardcore meat eaters there,<br>who left saying it was awesome. All vegan, all organic, the <br>place 100% nonprofit, gourmet and beautiful in everyway!<br><br> [color:yellow]We rarely confide in those who are better than we are. </font color=yellow> [color:orange]Albert Camus </font color=orange>
Posted by:

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/10/04 09:34 AM

Wow, that looks very good! Wish we had something like that around here.<br><br>

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/10/04 09:59 AM

Well, c'mon down!<br><br> [color:yellow]We rarely confide in those who are better than we are. </font color=yellow> [color:orange]Albert Camus </font color=orange>
Posted by:

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/10/04 10:01 AM

"Well, c'mon down!"<br><br>Am I the next contestant on The Veggie Is Right???<br><br>[insert Price Is Right theme here that I'm too lazy to look for]<br><br>

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/10/04 11:15 AM

That really does look good! Is that the only one? Was hoping it was a franchise. We could use that over here. <br><br>

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/10/04 01:51 PM

Heh heh, nope - I can't stand McD's. But I do like Wendy's.<br><br>

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/10/04 03:06 PM

Yes, that is the only Sublime but most of the *upscale* veggie restaurants I have been to are of the same quality. I'm sure there are a few in the Boston area.<br><br>Or, you could just c'mon down too!<br><br> [color:yellow]We rarely confide in those who are better than we are. </font color=yellow> [color:orange]Albert Camus </font color=orange>
Posted by:

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/10/04 03:09 PM

Woo hoo... road trip to cherry's place!!! Dibs on the sofa!! You don't mind if I bathe in the sink, do you?<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/10/04 03:10 PM

"bathe in the sink"…<br>I would be offended if you didn't!<br><br> [color:yellow]We rarely confide in those who are better than we are. </font color=yellow> [color:orange]Albert Camus </font color=orange>

Re: Salads are worse than burgers!! - 03/10/04 03:33 PM

I feel sorry for your sink already!<br><br>