It Pops!

Posted by: yoyo52

It Pops! - 09/05/02 07:09 AM

Hurray, huzzah, oh frabjous day on a sunny day at 71║ Fahrenheit, 66% humidity, and dewpoint at 59║.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Trog

Re: It Pops! - 09/05/02 08:27 AM

I'm not cheering just yet, but so far so good. Mine worked for a few hours yesterday and then pooped out. Already there is one problem. You have the option of getting the data from two different sources (very nice, I might add), but only one functions this morning.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: It Pops! - 09/05/02 08:34 AM

The free version worked for about an hour for me, then just stopped.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: It Pops! - 09/05/02 09:41 AM

Did you get the version posted today? That's what's working for me.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: It Pops! - 09/05/02 10:06 AM

I believe I got the one from yesterday... I didn't notice a new one posted today (9/5/02)<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: It Pops! - 09/05/02 10:43 AM

... and maybe another one tomorrow! <br><br>

Re: It Pops! - 09/05/02 05:50 PM

Yup, mine is now back to pooping instead of popping.<br><br>Ah, well, maybe tomorrow's version will get it right...<br><br>

Re: It Pops! - 09/05/02 05:52 PM

I still find it easier to look out my window to get the weather.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: It Pops! - 09/05/02 05:56 PM

Really? Then can you please look out your window and tell me what the weather will be on saturday? <br><br>
Posted by: TimL

Re: It Pops! - 09/05/02 06:24 PM

"Ah, well, maybe tomorrow's version will get it right..."<br>Maybe tomorrow's version will have the ability to Quit back in it. Oh, and "Sunrise & Set" working again.<br><br>Edit: Oops, just cmd-drag it off the menubar to quit.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TimL on 09/05/02 09:25 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: It Pops! - 09/05/02 08:01 PM

Mine has a quit button. No belly button, though <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: It Pops! - 09/05/02 08:09 PM

Well, that's easy... here in Phoenix it will be f#ckin HOT! Funny thing is, it will be just as f#ckin hot on Sunday, and Monday, and....<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: It Pops! - 09/05/02 08:13 PM

You didn't get the Brittney Spears upgrade, eh?<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: TimL

Re: It Pops! - 09/05/02 08:53 PM

"Mine has a quit button."<br>You must have the special version, none of mine do. <br><br>

Re: It Pops! - 09/05/02 08:54 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>none of mine do<p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: It Pops! - 09/07/02 11:00 PM

It aint popping for me anymore, now it's poopin!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: It Pops! - 09/08/02 08:51 AM

Yeah, poop about describes it. It's become a real memory hog. And sometimes it's reporting stuff that just can't be true. Hope they fix it soon.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: It Pops! - 09/08/02 10:01 AM

I dumped it... it's just not that much of a "Must-Have" app for me. Especially since I live in Phoenix, where the temperature rarely changes.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: It Pops! - 09/09/02 07:34 AM

I tried that other program called "Meteorologist" and it works very well. Colored menu bar icons, up to 10 weather forcast, everything you need and it's completely free. I got it at MacUpdate.com<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: It Pops! - 09/09/02 02:17 PM

A new WeatherPop is out, apparently with the memory problem licked.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: It Pops! - 09/09/02 02:59 PM

I just switched to that too..I just popped Weatherpop into the trash <br><br>

Re: It Pops! - 09/09/02 03:07 PM

Nice to have alternatives, eh?!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: It Pops! - 09/09/02 06:24 PM

Thanks for the link MacGizmo. I'm running them side by side, the first one to poop gets flushed...<br><br>

Re: It Pops! - 09/09/02 09:21 PM

Your finger is on the... handle?!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: It Pops! - 09/09/02 09:29 PM

Hmmm... Meteo has already quit on me <br><br>I'll give it another go tomorrow, since it IS new, free, and written by a student anyway.<br><br>

Re: It Pops! - 09/09/02 10:15 PM

Oh well, like I said earlier - the best way to check the weather is getting of yer fat ass and stickin yer head out the window!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: It Pops! - 09/09/02 10:41 PM

What's the fun of that? <br><br>

Re: It Pops! - 09/10/02 07:07 AM

Your right... I would rather sit on my fat ass and see it on my screen. <br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: It Pops! - 09/10/02 09:26 AM

You know 'Gizmo, the point of it is not the current weather and if it is sunny or not right now, but the forecasts and the extended information (dew point, humidity etc.) Yes, I know you live in Phoenix, but down here in Tucson it has been raining, humid, cool, cloudy, windy and hot all in the last week and I doubt it has been that much different up there in the valley of the sun.<br><br>Since moving here I really dig the Monsoons and watching the dew point/humidity is a good indication of when the next storm is coming, along with the 5 day forecast. So, even if I do get off my "fat ass" and look out the window it doesn't tell me much.<br><br>Meteo is back up again this morning; which one will die first this time....<br><br>

Re: It Pops! - 09/10/02 06:08 PM

Yo Trog, don't take it personal man, I'm just musing over worthless software... if anyone wants up-to-date info, they should go to weather.com or some other site that is more stable and timely. Or, like I said, stick your head out the window. Heck, I've lived in Phoenix & Las Vegas for over 10 years - it got to the point after a short while that I can actually smell the rain coming about 2 hours before it gets here.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: It Pops! - 09/10/02 06:41 PM

Ahhh, I love that smell... no, didn't mean to sound snotty about it.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: It Pops! - 09/10/02 06:49 PM

oh frabjous day, callooh, callay; it is a toasty 57░ up here in Wisconsin; I can't wait for winter! Poor Arizona suckas probably don't even get below 40░Fahrenheit. <br><br>stop that vesch before I viddy over and smash you something horrorshow

Re: It Pops! - 09/10/02 08:27 PM

Actually, it does get down into the low 30's... but not very often.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: It Pops! - 09/10/02 11:49 PM

Yes, sometimes I have to wear a jacket when biking to work! <br><br>

Re: It Pops! - 09/11/02 07:38 AM

You know, I moved to Phoenix in 1984 from Cleveland, Ohio. I had a whole bunch of winter jackets. To this day, I still have them, and I have no idea why I'm saving them! <br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: It Pops! - 09/11/02 08:03 AM

I lived in St. Paul, MN for 5 years and i never did like the winter, the snow was cool but i hated the cold! it would sometimes get to -80 with the wind-chill! and more than just once! <br><br>

Re: It Pops! - 09/11/02 08:22 AM

Yeah... I don't miss wind-chill!!! It's like being bit by someone thousands of times... which may not be all that bad, depending on who's doing the biting... <br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>