How often do you use Sherlock?

Posted by:

How often do you use Sherlock? - 03/06/04 02:23 PM

<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: How often do you use Sherlock? - 03/06/04 02:24 PM

I use the dictionary function and sometimes the translator. That's about it.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: How often do you use Sherlock? - 03/06/04 02:25 PM

I use it whenever I need movie times. <br><br>Weather, phone numbers and all that stuff, I would rather go to the individual sites, since I don't like Sherlock's sources. <br><br>
Posted by:

Re: How often do you use Sherlock? - 03/06/04 02:27 PM

The reason I posted this is because I was just snooping around my hard drive and stumbled over it... and thought, "gee, I never use this!"<br><br>I'm already accustomed to getting all that info while in my browser anyway.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: How often do you use Sherlock? - 03/06/04 02:35 PM

I prefer Watson, by far, and use it all the time.<br><br>
Posted by: six_of_one

Ditto ... - 03/06/04 02:37 PM

I can't remember the last time I opened Sherlock - it may not even be on my system anymore =)<br><br>***matt<br><br>Turn up the signal, wipe out the noise ...
Posted by:

Re: How often do you use Sherlock? - 03/06/04 02:42 PM

But $30? Ouch.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: How often do you use Sherlock? - 03/06/04 02:56 PM

Apple should get over the "not invented here" syndrome and buy Watson. Watson is far superior to Sherlock, it's just that it doesn't make much sense for people to pay $30 when they have the free knock-off. <br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: How often do you use Sherlock? - 03/06/04 03:11 PM

I only ever used Shelock to find stuff on my HD. I always hacked all other channels out, in previous versions..<br>Now that Sherlock does not do this function any more. I would no longer have a use for it. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: How often do you use Sherlock? - 03/06/04 03:47 PM

Never use it. I'd almost forgot that it's there.<br><br>
Posted by: Mactico

Re: How often do you use Sherlock? - 03/06/04 05:06 PM

Never and I use Watson daily.<br><br><br><br><br>[color:green]Pura Vida</font color=green>
Posted by: sean

Re: How often do you use Sherlock? - 03/06/04 06:26 PM

dictionary, eh? type m-w and hit return (in your browser)...ta da! <br><br>translator...google.<br><br>
Posted by: MaxMacDonald

Re: How often do you use Sherlock? - 03/06/04 09:22 PM

Never. Neither it nor Watson.<br><br>I never really saw the need for it once the search field right in Finder windows came out. All other searches I do via Safari.... Google, Google Canada, IMDB, Toronto.com, Canada 411, currency and linguistic translation sites, etc. I don't want a fancy front-end when I'm on the net looking for something.... it's mostly just eye-candy to me.<br><br>max