Hey Howabout that Apple Stock?!

Posted by: iRock

Hey Howabout that Apple Stock?! - 03/04/04 08:48 PM

<br><br>iPods Could Transform Apple Computer<br><br>Fortuitously, sales of the portable music players have taken off amid the expansion of Apple's retail store base. The company has opened 76 retail stores since May 2001, and there's reason to believe iPods are attracting more foot traffic to the outlets, where customers will be exposed to Apple's sleekly displayed, consumer-friendly computers.<br><br>Milunovich believes the music players could even create a "halo effect" that prompts Windows users to switch to Macs, though not all investors would agree.<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Hey Howabout that Apple Stock?! - 03/04/04 09:03 PM

Been down the aapl road. lost 4K. Ain't goin' there again.<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Hey Howabout that Apple Stock?! - 03/04/04 09:17 PM

sold mine at $23 back in December. Still made a good return since I bought it at $14. I just have that gambler's remorse, you know, should have bought more!! <br><br>

Re: Hey Howabout that Apple Stock?! - 03/04/04 09:25 PM

Bought before the split, held onto it, still doin' ok.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Hey Howabout that Apple Stock?! - 03/05/04 05:04 AM

It's going pretty good... hopefully it will continue!<br><br> What?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Hey Howabout that Apple Stock?! - 03/05/04 05:09 AM

Not enough growth to make it worthwhile buying again if you ask me. I have owned Apple stock a few times, I'm over it now. <br><br>Bought AMD about 6 months ago, has gone up over 55% since then.<br><br>Looking at some new Chinese stocks slated to come on the market in the US shortly this month. They look promising. The growth of cell phones in China has huge potential, I am putting some of my money there. China's GDP is expected to grow this year at an annual rate of 16.5%.<br><br>
Posted by: djstefan

Re: Hey Howabout that Apple Stock?! - 03/05/04 08:50 AM

I heard about AMD as a good stock for the future too... Not sure for how long though. <br><br>Apple I belive is somewhat an OK stock to invest into. Lately is hass been a pretty good stock and specially since all the GVT offices and the US military is changing to Apples, it will have a future...<br><br>_________________________________________<br>http://www.geocities.com/djstefan/bush.gif<br>http://www.magicrecords.com.pl/img/swf/player1.html
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Hey Howabout that Apple Stock?! - 03/05/04 09:11 AM

Bought the stock last year, and now in the plus column for $.<br>Hmm.....should I sell? <br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Hey Howabout that Apple Stock?! - 03/05/04 01:44 PM

<br><br>Even higher now, baby!<br><br>[color:red]You slap my back, I'll slap yours!</font color=red>

Re: Hey Howabout that Apple Stock?! - 03/05/04 06:47 PM

Our Apple stock is purely an affection investment. Our 401s are tied up in diverse portfolios and mine has increased 24% since the first of the year due to some reinvesting and my company's generous match. So it is kind of for fun and our love of the company. We are going to hang onto it unless someone pulls a Martha and it tanks. But it would be too late to sell by the time we found out.<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Hey Howabout that Apple Stock?! - 03/05/04 07:41 PM

"...pulls a Martha..." <br><br>Ha ha! Nice term. I guess that would be bad, but not quite as bad as pulling an Enron?<br><br>

Re: Hey Howabout that Apple Stock?! - 03/05/04 08:11 PM

Hey I never touched one of those things!<br><br>