Pop-up Window Utility?

Posted by:

Pop-up Window Utility? - 03/02/04 04:44 PM

Is there a utility that mimics OS9's pop up windows? I don't mean a boring alias-holding app like DragStrip or DropDrawers. And the Dock doesn't cut it; it has to snap shut when I'm done with it... it has to anchor to the edge of the screen.<br><br>Another useful feature from OS9.... gone. <br><br>
Posted by: Morom

Re: Pop-up Window Utility? - 03/02/04 04:54 PM

Is this what you are looking for? Unfortunatly it's still in alpha release though...<br><br>PopUpX<br><br>----<br>A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without bricks tied to its head.
Posted by:

Re: Pop-up Window Utility? - 03/02/04 04:59 PM

Ewww. That wasn't pretty.<br><br>I want my popup windows back! WAAAAH WAAAAH! I'm so glad Apple spent time on that InkWell crap, aren't you? I use it all the time.<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Pop-up Window Utility? - 03/02/04 05:01 PM

I know one, its called Classic <br><br>
Posted by: bganey

Re: Pop-up Window Utility? - 03/02/04 05:30 PM

Whiner...quit yer bitchin' and play with your Expose like the rest of us have to. <br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Pop-up Window Utility? - 03/02/04 05:31 PM

The only thing I ever used pop up windows for was to hold application aliases. The dock is better IMO.<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Pop-up Window Utility? - 03/02/04 06:51 PM

Well... your opinion is wrong! <br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Pop-up Window Utility? - 03/02/04 06:54 PM

"I know one, its called Classic"<br><br>Nah, can't handle the transparent interface and lightning fast response. I need shadows and bouncy things killing my resources instead. <br><br>
Posted by: squareman

Re: Pop-up Window Utility? - 03/02/04 10:16 PM

DragThing (not to be confused with DragStrip) comes mighty close. However, it's still an alias program, not an actual finder window.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Pop-up Window Utility? - 03/03/04 05:36 AM

Yeah, DragThing is really the only app I've found that comes close. I especially like the default sounds it makes when the docks slides open and shut. But it's really not what he's looking for since you can't have a window's contents be in the dock... just the containing folder, which requires a click and hold to view.<br><br> What?