Safari + iChat + Command + K = Rage

Posted by:

Safari + iChat + Command + K = Rage - 02/27/04 10:45 PM

I've got iChat and Safari running simultaneously. Sounds like a lovely evening in Mac OS X, right? You couldn't be more wrong, my friend!!!<br><br>I'm in iChat, and I insert a link by typing command-K. Safari overhears that key combo and, not to be outdone, decides to command-K as well! So every time I insert a link in iChat, Safari turns off popup blocking... because that's what command-K does in Safari.<br><br><br>Ain't that precious?<br><br><br>Grrrrrrr. <br><br>
Posted by: bganey

Re: Safari + iChat + Command + K = Rage - 02/27/04 10:55 PM

I hate that...also...command L in Safari is open location, but it logs you out of ichat.....<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Safari + iChat + Command + K = Rage - 02/27/04 11:27 PM

Well you just explained something. Recently I have been using the command-k shortcut to empty the Trash in Mail and hadn't made the connection between that action and the fact that I was once again getting pop-up windows in Safari. Now I know why and will empty Trash Mail the menu way from now on.<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Safari + iChat + Command + K = Rage - 02/28/04 12:54 AM

May be Apple ran out of this book:<br><br><br><br>DigitalEye
Posted by: SacredBovine

Re: Safari + iChat + Command + K = Rage - 02/28/04 03:53 AM

Oh Nutty...<br><br>Your comments?<br><br>Moo?
Posted by: trey

Re: Safari + iChat + Command + K = Rage - 02/28/04 10:15 AM

Hmm, must be a 10.3 thing, as I just tried it (with Mail) and Safari didn't do anything.<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Safari + iChat + Command + K = Rage - 02/28/04 10:38 AM

You know, nutty's not the official representative for Apple. Neither is he responsible for every line of code that leaves the building. Why does everyone turn to him with every little problem? He's gonna say the same thing about Safari every time: submit a bug report.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Safari + iChat + Command + K = Rage - 02/28/04 10:39 AM

I always use command-K to dump mail and it never affects Safari's pop-up blocker.<br><br>
Posted by: nebosuke

Re: Safari + iChat + Command + K = Rage - 02/28/04 12:40 PM

I always use cmd-K in iChat and it never effects Safari. Something must be funny on their systems for commands in the frontmost app to be controlling a background app.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Safari + iChat + Command + K = Rage - 02/28/04 05:29 PM

agreed... I have Safari and Mail open all the time and pop-ups never gets turned off, nor does trash empty in mail when I'm in Safari and hit cmnd K<br><br> What?