Axis: Bold as Love

Posted by: cherry

Axis: Bold as Love - 02/13/04 11:24 PM

If 6 Was 9<br>jimi hendrix <br><br>If the sun refused to shine<br>I donít mind, I donít mind<br><br>If the mountains, fell in the sea<br>Let it be, it ainít me.<br><br>Got my own world to live through and uh, ha!<br>And I ainít gonna copy you.<br><br>Now if six turned out to be nine<br>Oh I donít mind, I donít mind<br><br>If all the hippies cut off all their hair<br>Oh I donít care, oh I donít care.<br>Dig.<br><br>ícause Iíve got my own world to live through and uh, huh<br>And I ainít gonna copy you.<br><br>White collar conservative flashiní down the street<br>Pointiní their plastic finger at me, ha!<br>Theyíre hopiní soon my kind will drop and die but uh<br>Iím gonna wave my freak flag high, high!<br>Oww!<br><br>Wave on, wave on...<br><br>Ah, ha, ha<br>Fall mountains, just donít fall on me<br>Go ahead on mister business man, you canít dress like me<br>Yeah!<br><br>Donít nobody know what Iím talkiní about<br>Iíve got my own life to live<br><br>Iím the one thatís gonna die <br>when itís time for me to die<br><br>So let me live my life the way I want to<br>Yeah, sing on brother, play on drummerÖ<br>_________________________________________<br><br>Acesó the best part of tonight.<br><br>Jimi, Jim, JimiÖ my own personal Jimi is screwed.<br>His nose does not stop running, and the Jim is where?<br>I don't know<br><br>Some where, I can no longer try to imagine<br><br>Good people once roamed the Earth.<br><br>Here is the proof, 1967 JHendrix<br>What a trick, little baby party boyÖ<br><br>We should all be so lucky.<br><br>
Posted by: ezyrider

Re: Axis: Bold as Love - 02/14/04 10:44 AM

Great Song!!! Cool scene in Easy Rider too. Right after the rednecks kill Jack Nicholson. That's when Fonda and Hopper are crossing the old trestle bridges into New Orleans...journey's end.<br><br>Right before Nicholson was killed he had this to say:<br><br>[color:red]Nicholson: Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but if they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em. <br><br>Hopper: Yeah, but it don't make 'em runnin' scared.<br><br>Nicholson: Nope, it makes 'em dangerous...nik...nik...nik...swamp!<br><br>--Easy Rider (1969)</font color=red><br><br>Art is about making something out of nothing then selling it. ~ Frank Zappa
Posted by: trey

Re: Axis: Bold as Love - 02/14/04 11:09 AM

I effin' LOVE that album. In fact, I just bought it from iTMS a few weeks ago.<br><br>
Posted by: skuldugary

Re: Axis: Bold as Love - 02/14/04 11:13 AM

Monkees<br><br>You know my girl just called me up<br>And she woke me from my sleep<br>You should have heard the things she said<br>You know she hurt my feelings deep.<br>I'm gonna buy me a dog [A dog, a dog! Why?]<br>'Cause I need a friend now. [Say, you need all the friends you can get]<br>I'm gonna buy me a dog,<br>My girl, my girl, don't love me no how.<br><br>She used to bring me my newspaper<br>'Cause she knew where it was at.<br>She used to keep me so contented.<br>But I can teach a dog to do that.<br>I'm gonna buy me a dog,<br>'Cause I need a friend now<br>I'm gonna buy me a dog,<br>My girl, my girl, don't love me no how. <br><br><br>The thread killer
Posted by: cherry

Re: Axis: Bold as Love - 02/14/04 11:15 AM

That is one of the greatest films of all time (imho).<br>I supose you feel the same way huh, ezyrider?<br><br>Truly a timeless classic.<br><br>

Re: Axis: Bold as Love - 02/14/04 11:30 AM

Ditto! <br><br>Art is about making something out of nothing then selling it. ~ Frank Zappa
Posted by: bird

Re: Axis: Bold as Love - 02/14/04 12:45 PM

To good memories.. shared tokes and shots of Southern Comfort...<br>In this world, if you read the papers, Lord, <br>You know everybody's fighting on with each other. <br>You got no one you can count on, baby, <br>Not even your own brother. <br>So if someone comes along, <br>He's gonna give you some love and affection <br>I'd say get it while you can, yeah! <br>Honey, get it while you can, <br>Hey, hey, get it while you can, <br>Don't you turn your back on love, no, no! <br> Janis Joplin<br><br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Axis: Bold as Love - 02/14/04 03:44 PM

That song always gives me goosebumps... <br><br>
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: Axis: Bold as Love - 02/14/04 04:46 PM

I saw this movie when I was seventeen at the base theater in Panama Canal Zone in 1969. I was so stoned I could barely see through my eyes because they were squinty but I was in a good place.<br><br>Jimi's music was good but so was the whole soundtrack. The Pusher still brings me chills. <br><br>There was a hendrix and buddy miles album that came out shortly after that. Man that record got so much play I had to finally record it onto rtr tape. Speaking of which, I use to record four or five albums on a side of tape, get stoned and drift away to 6 hours of music...<br><br>Whose got that kinda' time anymore!<br><br><br><br>[color:blue]Art is about making something out of nothing then selling it. ó Frank Zappa</font color=blue>
Posted by: JohnR

Re: Axis: Bold as Love - 02/14/04 04:48 PM

What album is that? (Jimi and Buddy Miles one)<br><br>
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: Axis: Bold as Love - 02/14/04 05:02 PM

Band of Gypsy's.<br><br><br><br>[color:blue]Art is about making something out of nothing then selling it. ó Frank Zappa</font color=blue>

Re: Axis: Bold as Love - 02/14/04 08:01 PM

I recently bought the DVD of Easy Rider and hearing Hopper and Fonda's commentary is great. There is a terrific documentary on the making of the movie too.<br><br>The soundtrack was music from Fonda and Hopper's personal collection. They just added it until they could get a "real" soundtrack made. Fonda was going to get CSN&Y to do it. When the band saw the movie with the "place holder" soundtrack, Stephen Stills said they couldn't improve on it so it stayed as is. It was the first really great rock soundtrack album. Another fav on that album is The Byrd's "I Wasn't Born to Follow".<br><br>First time I saw the movie (early 70s) I dropped acid (orange microdot) with some friends. I saw it at the historic Granada Theater in Dallas, one of those beautiful old 1930s Art Deco theaters. People were torching up joints and passing it around right in the theater, it was far out man, lol! It left quite an impression on me.<br><br>Back to the Hendrix thread: Band of Gypsy's is one of the greatest albums of all time!<br><br>[color:green]John and I literally used to sit down and say, 'Now, let's write a swimming pool.'" -Paul McCartney</font color=green>