Dog or Cat?

Posted by: johnengler

Dog or Cat? - 06/04/01 05:06 AM

Just a quick poll, Dog or Cat? I have both, but the dog is my favorite:<br><br>http://home.earthlink.net/~englers/puppy/<br><br> <br><br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: Dog or Cat? - 06/05/01 09:21 PM

heh... the dogs are winning as of this post (yeah!)<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2
Posted by: bdog

Re: Dog or Cat? - 06/07/01 09:06 PM

Damn, can't vote twice :-)<br><br>-- John Bailey (Bdog)
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: Dog or Cat? - 06/08/01 02:46 AM

you can if you want to be like that.<br><br><br><br>..
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Dog or Cat? - 06/08/01 05:41 AM

Cat... and John's dog is great, if you don't mind it peeing all over you.<br><br>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 06/08/01 05:48 AM

misha... the doggy only pees on people it really wants to impress...<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Dog or Cat? - 06/08/01 05:55 PM

I wonder what the "other" is...2 people voted for that. <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Dog or Cat? - 06/13/01 09:51 PM

Well, we just got the dog we promised my son, and the three cats are not happy at all. One of the cats was brave enough to come close to the dog, but the dog, being a dog, chased the cat, so things are pretty tense. My son is depressed cause he thought thatjoining feline and canine worlds would be a breeze. I'll keep you all posted as the saga continues.<br><br>And that's true too/--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: Dog or Cat? - 06/14/01 09:58 PM

yoyo... that's funny as hell.<br><br>Here recently, we had a boarder move into our house (to help him out a little) and he brought two cats with him.<br><br>our cat, patton, and out dog, Wesley, seemed okay with it, at first....<br><br>Now, four or five months later, the dog loves it (he has more than one "old" playmate) but out kitty seems to be rather tired of the situation....<br><br>I think it'll all work out in the end... just can't wait for the dog (one year old Bichon) to quit peeing on the floor every time someone new shows up at the house:<br><br>http://home.earthlink.net/~englers/puppy for pictures of Patton and Wesley.....<br><br>cheers....<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: Dog or Cat? - 06/14/01 09:59 PM

damn... at last count it's a tie.... 6 to 6, with 2 choosing neither... argh... there has to be a winner...<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: Dog or Cat? - 06/14/01 10:06 PM

That's one cute doggie, John. I can see why you say that Patton rules, though. When my wife and I got married, now too long ago to remember when , she brought three and I brought two cats to the new household. There never was an all-out battle, and pretty soon they all settled in pretty well. I think we're being too cautious about the dog and the cats--but my wife wants to go slow, so who am I to pee against the wind? <br><br>And that's true too/--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: Dog or Cat? - 06/14/01 10:16 PM

hehe... <br><br>you know what's funny... all three kitties are black... and the doggy is white... yet there is always a plethora of black hair around the house....<br><br><br>against light beige carpet....<br><br>they all play way too much me thinks.....<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

A Winner? - 06/15/01 07:01 AM

Ah, not really. Dogs are dogs. Cats are cats. They are what they are and what nature made them to be. One is no better or no worse than another, it's just that we humans have our personal preferences.<br><br>John<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: A Winner? - 06/16/01 10:47 PM

Ah, not really. Dogs are dogs. Cats are cats. They are what they are and what nature made them to be. One is no better or no worse than another, it's just that we humans have our personal preferences.<br>John<br><br><br>Now John I can rephrase that by saying<br><br><br>Men are men. Women are women. They are what they are and what nature made them to be. One is no better or no worse than another, it's just that we humans have our personal preferences.<br><br><br>http://homepage.mac.com/rockhell/<br><br><br>Cheers, iRock<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by iRock on 06/17/01 02:01 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Precious! - 06/16/01 11:34 PM

They are so cute! what fun.<br><br>Kate<br><br><br>

Re: A Winner? - 06/17/01 06:57 AM

hehe... funny funny funny....<br><br>men and women no different.... haha...<br><br>I think we all know better... <br><br>in my opinion, women are just plain hard to figure out, or understand. I still have no idea why my wife expects that I'll know what it is she wants me to do without her telling me... and for that matter, she probably can't figure out why I don't know what it is she wants me to do, without her telling me....<br><br>heh... women and men are quite different - in more ways than one....<br><br>I think women keep forgetting that they need to be thankful they are even on this earth... If Adam hadn't donated his rib, there'd be no women around<br><br>[John is now hiding behind anything he can find, for the onslaught of all of the women. Please don't take this post too seriously, just trying to have fun]<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: A Winner? - 06/17/01 07:58 AM

> Men are men. Women are women.<br>> They are what they are and what nature made them to be.<br>> One is no better or no worse than another,<br>> it's just that we humans have our personal preferences.<br><br>I can go along with that in part . But I don't necessarily have preferences for one over the other, beyond the obvious. I've met both men and women who are wonderful people and both men and women who are jerks. To condemn an entire sex, even based on experience (which must be, by definition, limited), is shortsighted.<br><br>I try to form my judgements of people one at a time.<br><br>John<br><br>

I Just Re-read That Post of Mine - 06/18/01 06:46 AM

I'm really not as insufferably self-righteous as that post makes me appear to be. I promise.<br><br>John<br><br>[color:red]I don't need no steenkin' signature!</font color=red>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/12/02 10:53 PM

Just thought an update would be in order since we have so many more people in the forum now.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/12/02 11:57 PM

I think my avatar speaks for me.<br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: A Winner? - 09/13/02 05:47 AM

yes and I have my preferences;<br>a) I prefer not to vote in polls as they never provide the question I would prefer to answer and thus whatever I would end up voting for becomes an erroneous statistic of which I disapprove. <br>b) However I do like to voice my opinions. <br>c) any animal that needs my help, gets it.<br>d) no animals should be enslaved to our will and preferences, e) If an animal, bird or reptile, whatever, learns to trust a human and like or even love a human of it's own accord, then so be it, on different paths we walk but when we meet it is beautiful.<br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/13/02 07:13 AM

You have a pet Jaguar? <br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/13/02 07:45 AM

I've got 11 dogs and 2 cats in the house right now. Now that's what I call fun. <a href="http://mytoydog.com">My wife breeds havanese toydogs.</a><br><br>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/13/02 07:59 AM

I have one dog and one cat, guess who is the ruler of the house. the cat! if he walks up to my dog winston, winston will lay on the ground with his paws over his head for fear of being scratched. winston is a very sweet and not the dominant type unlike my cat. oh and by the way i did NOT name my dog, i got him from a hunter who didn't want him because he is afraid of gunshots (and lightning) and he smells! sweet dog non the less. <br><br>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/13/02 11:33 AM

Are you sure that smell is the dog? <br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/13/02 12:02 PM

........yeah..... kinda...... no.<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/13/02 12:12 PM

I have 2 cats so I wanna vote twice.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: TimL

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/13/02 02:14 PM

"Dog or Cat? I have both"<br>But you don't put "both" in the poll? <br><br>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/14/02 10:11 PM

About a year and a quarter after the dog came, he and the three cats have reached an accommodation. He and the youngest cat, Scout, hit it off right away and started sleeping together (which raised the ire of the local KKK, of which there are just far too many members around here where I live). The middle cat, Stealth, is terrfied of him, but sort of in the way she's terrified of everything. Actually she's sort of gotten used to his being around. The oldest cat, Venice, still rules the household with an iron hiss. The dog is terrified of her.<br><br>But then the dog is not happy with any loud noise. Firecrackers send him scurrying to find a hiddy-hole, and thunderstorms drive him deep into the basement.<br><br>It's sort of nice having a dog again--I grew up always having dogs. But dogs are sure a lot more work than cats!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/15/02 03:46 AM

I have a dog a cat and a mother in-law<br><br>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/15/02 08:44 AM

Two dogs and a wife!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: carp

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/15/02 11:37 AM

So JD I bet your wife says she got 3 dogs <br><br>I have 3 cats 2 are prize winners, Heres Hope after winning the Governors trophy.<br><br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/15/02 12:00 PM

I'd say I had 2 cats and a skunk. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: TimL

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/15/02 12:25 PM

Cats rule:<br><br><br><br>but then again, so do dogs:<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/15/02 02:37 PM

Herd of "others".<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/15/02 03:54 PM

Right on TimL<br><br>I seen a cat chase a German Shepard and he dog was scared silly.<br><br>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/15/02 04:47 PM

Now THAT is a WELL TRAINED DOG!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/15/02 05:03 PM

And he shows remarkably good taste!<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/15/02 05:12 PM

Just goes to prove how smart dogs are, when they want to be!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/15/02 05:37 PM

To bad dogs wants to be stupid 99% of the time.<br><br>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/15/02 06:01 PM

Thems fightin words!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/15/02 06:18 PM

Hummm<br>My cat will eat your Rufus for breakfeast and then shiit him out before lunch.<br><br>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/15/02 07:21 PM

Well, if you cat can eat Rufus, it's probably gonna leave a three-foot hole coming out!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/16/02 09:34 AM

Now that is a disturbing image! <br><br>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/16/02 09:39 AM

He's a big dog ya know!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/16/02 10:13 AM

And he's tough, as well. Here's a recent shot during a bust.<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/16/02 12:14 PM

LOL!!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/16/02 12:36 PM

LOL<br>The white guy on the right must be you.<br><br>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/16/02 01:11 PM

No! MG is the guy doing the frisking! Rufus is showing the idiots how to "spread 'em". MG's day job is with the D.E.A. In the evenings he moonlights as a graphic designer.<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/16/02 01:16 PM

Thanks for your creative writing LOL<br><br>I stand corrected <br><br>

Re: Dog or Cat? - 09/16/02 03:06 PM

But I thought it was legal in Canada <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: bird

Re: Dog or Cat?/ busted - 09/16/02 03:26 PM

I love it! Was MacGizmo doing his thing on another wall? <br><br>

Re: Dog or Cat?/ busted - 09/16/02 04:22 PM

You know me so well!!! But Kate made me stop!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: bird

shhhh! don't say kate - 09/16/02 04:37 PM

to loud ! Matt will appear out of no where ! LoL : )<br><br>

Re: shhhh! don't say kate - 09/16/02 05:11 PM

smackem!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>