Weird Middle Names?

Posted by: Anonymous

Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 10:02 AM

Anyone have one they are willing to share?<br><br>Mine is Shedula, thats pretty weird. Anyone top that one?<br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 10:12 AM

Bigreddogboner .. I think that's a pretty weird middle name ..<br><br>
Posted by: cherry

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 10:15 AM

My son's middle name is Azure, like the color sky blue.<br><br>His first name means "little" so when you put it all togther he is:<br>Little Sky Blue<br>I don't think it is weird obviously, I think it is lovely.<br><br>
Posted by: nebosuke

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 11:33 AM

I have two middle names, Otis Spann. My father had picked an odd first name (Eli) and my mom said no way, but in turn gave him free reign with the middle name.<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 11:44 AM

i have two middle names as well...same with my children and my siblings. my son, joshua, got his first name from one of my middle names and my daughter, elizabeth, got her first name from my wife's only middle name.<br><br>
Posted by: djstefan

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 11:45 AM

My middle name is Flavius<br>In Romania it is a pretty common name, but weird to norh americans.<br><br>_________________________________________<br>http://www.geocities.com/djstefan/bush.gif
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 11:45 AM

I don't have a middle name, so I guess that could be considered wierd as well.<br><br>[color:blue]All your sock puppets are belong to us</font color=blue>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 12:14 PM

My father<br><br>Corval Wescott Amos Mander Henderson<br><br>--------<br><br>I've seen Corville, which I believe is English and in Oregon there is a town called Corvallis.<br><br>Amos Mander, M.D., was the doctor who delivered my dad and grandma must have been very, very greatful for some reason cause she named dad after him!<br><br>Wescott was grandmothers maiden name.<br><br>Now add to that the fact that hardly anyone called dad Corval. He was "Bundle". In fact, my brother was Bundles and the girls were 'lil Bundles [me included].<br><br>Dad got the Bundle name when he was a kid and going fishing. People would call after him, "You gonna catch some bundles, kid?"<br><br>Bundles were not fish but a way of cooking the fish, but for dad, the name Bundle caught on for the rest of his life.<br><br>---------<br>Carrot bundle fish<br><br>4 md Carrots in strips<br>1 c Italian bread crumbs<br>1/3 c Butter or margarine, melted<br>1/2 ts Salt<br>1/4 ts Pepper<br>2 tb Lemon juice<br>1 lb Sole or orange roughy<br> <br>Heat Oven 375F. Add carrots and enough water to cover in saucepan. Bring to full boil & cook over med. heat until carrots are crispy tender (6-8min). Meanwhile, in sml bowl combine all ingredients except fish; set aside.<br> <br>When carrots are done, seperate fish fillets & divide carrots equally among fillets. Wrap each fillets around each portion of carrots. Place fillets, seam down, in 9" sq. baking pan (slightly sprayed w/grease). Sprinkle fish bundles with stuffing mixture. Cover and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover; continue baking for 8-10 more minutes or until fish flakes with fork.<br><br>The "Great Catch of the Week" Recipie from LandOLakes Country Recipies<br><br><br><br><br>KateMate

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 02:10 PM

I'm "Ardel".<br><br>===================<br><br>S3V3N<br>Washington, DC USA
Posted by: dekker_rk

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 02:12 PM

Bartholomeu<br><br>"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein <br> <br><br><br>
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 02:27 PM

My dad's is Julius, and my youngest daughter's middle name is Pearl. Mine is Joseph, not to unusual there.<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 05:23 PM

<br><EMBED SRC="http://idisk.mac.com/mikeleboeuf/Public/03 Sky Blue.mp4", WIDTH=100, HEIGHT=15 CONTROLLER=TRUE AUTOPLAY=FALSE><br><br><br><br>

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 06:08 PM

huh? I can't see it. I saw the file name somthing sky blue.mp4<br>no fair I want to see! Is it a big file? I'm on crappy dial-up. <br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 06:11 PM

sorry i didn't know you were on dial up. it's just such a beaufitul song.<br><br><br>Sky Blue Lyrics<br><br>lost my time lost my place in<br>sky blue<br>those two blue eyes light your face in<br>sky blue<br>i know how to fly, i know how to drown in<br>sky blue<br><br>warm wind blowing over the earth<br>sky blue<br>i sing through the land, the land sings through me<br>sky blue<br>reaching into the deepest shade of<br>sky blue<br><br>sky blue so tired of all this travelling<br>so many miles away from home<br>i keep moving to be stable<br>free to wander, free to roam<br><br>train pulled out said my goodbyes<br>sky blue<br>back on the road alone with the sky<br>sky blue<br>there's a presence here no one denies<br>sky blue<br><br>sky blue so tired of all this travelling<br>so many miles away from home<br>i keep moving to be stable<br>free to wander, free to roam<br><br>i can hear the same voice calling<br>crying out, from my heart<br>and that cry, what a cry<br>what a cry, it's going to be<br>if i can stop to let it out, oh.<br><br>- Peter Gabriel<br><br>

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 06:20 PM

Lovely Michael, thank you.<br><br>I have heard that song before, but I didn't put it in context. I don't<br>have a copy of it. First thing tomorrow at work ,I can't wait to listen.<br><br>It is good though, you might already know this about me,<br>I really like to read the words to songs. I bet you had no idea!<br>It was really nice, I never knew all the words.<br><br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/11/04 10:10 PM

mine is Karoly<br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/12/04 12:47 AM

I have two middle names, though the weird one is Henzell. Though it isn't all that strange it just has its origins as a surname rather than forename.<br><br>"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman
Posted by: trey

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/12/04 01:16 AM

Lowery<br><br>

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/12/04 05:10 AM

Gotcha all beat, I have 6 middle names.<br><br>Michael Apple Dell HP Compaq Acer Toshiba B.....<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/12/04 06:19 AM

Milo<br><br>

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/12/04 07:05 AM

Thanks again Michael, you made my morning.<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/12/04 08:27 AM

What's a middle name? Isn't it the father's name?<br><br><br>DigitalEye
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/12/04 11:53 AM

Middle names are a second (and sometimes a third and a fourth) given name, all of them not associated with the surname. The Prince of Wales, for instance, is Charles Philip Arthur George. His surname is Windsor, although I bet he never uses it.<br><br>

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/12/04 01:21 PM

Ok, but let me give you an example of my name:<br>Waleed Abdulaziz Faleh Hasan Ali Alzuhair<br>Waleed is my first name.<br>Abdulaziz is my father.<br>Faleh is my grandfather.<br>Hasan is my grandfather's father.<br>Ali is my grandfather's grandfather.<br>Alzuhair is the family name or surname.<br><br>Which one is my middle name? All of them? (I think I can go back till the 20th grandfather or something <br><br><br>DigitalEye
Posted by: lislaz

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/12/04 01:29 PM

Okay, not for weirdest...but just for being able to go back that far (20??)...<br><br><br>Waleed Abdulaziz Faleh Hasan Ali Alzuhair etc etc....WINS!!!<br><br><br><br>All kidding aside...that's wonderful that your culture honors family like that.<br><br>

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/12/04 01:41 PM

In English tradition, the names following the first name don't have to have anything at all to do with ancestors, although sometimes they do. In Spanish usage, by the way, the same thing you're describing happens with last names. My full name is Alberto Jesus Esteban Cacicedo Hernandez Gutierrez Prado Torriente Mauri Valladon y Roger. Cacicedo is my father's last name, and Hernandez is my mother's last name (maiden name). Gutierrez is my father's mother's last name and Prado is my mother's mother's last name. Torriente is my paternal grandfather's mother's last name and Mauri is my maternal grandfather's mother's last name. Valladon is my paternal grandmother's last name and Roger is my maternal grandmother's mother's last name. As in your case, it could go on forever (or as for as long as there's any record).<br><br>

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/12/04 01:45 PM

Fantastic! Yoyo...or Alberto (my uncle's name), I looooooved saying your name with all the rolling R's and enunciated vowels. <br><br>Mine is pretty short compared to that. My second name is Luisa (after my grandfather) and my middle name is Lim (my mother's maiden name).<br><br>

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/12/04 02:21 PM

Thanks, that's the structure of all Arabic names.. Your name, and then link to a sequence of fathers.. Most Arabs are very proud of the tribe they belong to, and the family name usually relates to it. I know some people who can trace their names back hundreds of years to the name of the founder of the tribe.<br><br>Alzuhair is part of Qahtan tribe.. Qahtan is one of the great grandchildren of Aarm, the son of Sam, the son of Noah.. (we use the word 'bin' instead of 'the son of'). It's a very long family tree and I have part of the documentation in my home library, but the rest is with one of my relatives.. I'll try to pull all the info together and draw a chart of it and I might exceed 20 names <br><br><br>DigitalEye

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/12/04 02:25 PM

Son of Sam?<br><br>haha! You're related to sKrue! <br><br>kidding, kidding..let's not have everyone panic.<br><br>
Posted by: gshocked

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/12/04 02:37 PM

Ludwig<br>(yes, sad but true)<br>named after yes Ludwig Van Bethoven...<br>(but my uncle's name is also Ludwig)<br><br>

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/12/04 08:09 PM

In the English translations of the Old Testament, the sons of Noah are Shem, Ham, and Japheth--I guess that Shem is Sam?<br><br>

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/13/04 12:53 AM

I think so.. Sam, Ham, and Yafith in the documentation I've read <br><br><br>DigitalEye
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/13/04 01:18 AM

That makes me wonder if anyone of my relatives has that information. I guess it's worth asking. <br><br>My middle name is julian. The only significance that has is that would have been my name if i had been a girl. <br><br>

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/13/04 04:54 AM

My father's name was Ludwig, very common in Germany. My mom and family friends always called him Wig. <br><br>
Posted by: JohnR

Re: Weird Middle Names? - 02/13/04 05:41 AM

That's very cool Waleed! I like that.<br><br>I was named after my great-grandfather and so my middle name is french.<br><br>Baptiste <br><br>btw, I rarely if ever tell anyone my middle name..grew up with it and combine that with my last name..not fun having to spell it out everytime. THat's why I like John <br><br>