Invoice from Apple

Posted by: yoyo52

Invoice from Apple - 08/17/02 10:22 AM

I just got an email invoice from Apple saying that my credit card had been charged for the shipping of my 10.2 order. Could it be shipping this early???<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: steveg

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/17/02 11:08 AM

That would be the case. I believe it's illegal for mail orders to be charged for until they are fulfilled. And I know for a fact that Amex doesn't allow a merchant to submit a mail order charge until the order is actually delivered. It's in their merchant policy document.<br><br>Yew lucky dawg, yew! Dat big puddy-tat be on it's way to youse! <br><br>

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/17/02 12:57 PM

Can't wait to get it!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/17/02 11:28 PM

Here's the latest email from Apple:<br><br>"Thank you for your pre-order for Jaguar, Mac OS X v10.2!<br><br>We know you are anxious to receive Apple’s latest Mac OS X version 10.2 that<br>contains over 150 new features and provides significant enhancements to its<br>modern, UNIX-based foundation.<br> <br>We are preparing your order for shipment in order to meet your selected<br>shipment method. Although you may have received an invoice for a shipping<br>charge, your Mac OS X.2 order will not ship until Wednesday or Thursday.<br>You will be receiving an invoice via email within the next 2-3 days that<br>will provide your tracking shipment numbers. These tracking numbers will<br>become active Wednesday, August 21st or Thursday, August 22nd. Beginning on<br>Wednesday or Thursday you will be able to track your shipment to it’s<br>destination. We look forward to delivering Mac OS X.2 to you by Saturday,<br>August 24th.<br><br>Thank you for shopping at the Apple Store!"<br><br>So much for a Monday delivery <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/18/02 05:51 AM

And a Monday delivery is bad how?<br><br>

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/18/02 10:19 AM

It's bad because it's not going to happen. If I got it on Monday, I'd be grateful and would have put down instead of <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: sean

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/18/02 12:04 PM

i just got the exact same email. dang!<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/18/02 02:10 PM

Makes you want to go fishing, doesn't it <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/18/02 02:34 PM

Fishing?<br><br>I have my copy being sent to work..will be interesting to see if they do deliver it there... <br><br>

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/18/02 03:46 PM

Just got my notice today! As Desi Arnez would say, "Ees chippin' Wenzdee o' Turzdee, Lucy!"<br><br>

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/18/02 05:38 PM

After that first email, Apple felt it had some 'splainin' to do, hence the second email <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/18/02 06:14 PM

Heh heh... And Fred and Ethel will hand deliver the box, and Little Ricky will do the install for you! <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/18/02 11:29 PM

Yeah, got the same message. All these sites saying that its been shipping to various people for over a week now... I ordered my copy immediately the day it became available. Maybe educational discounted stuff is lower priority OR the rumors on the web that it is shipping early are a bunch of phooey. Unfortunately, I had mine shipped to the university which will NOT be getting mail on the 24th, so its monday for me too. <br><br>

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/19/02 04:13 AM

I ordered mine through the Edu store. Supposed to ship Wed or Thurs. So it comes anytime btwn Sat and Tues. No one ever said it would deliver on the 24th — just that it would ship on that date. And that was merely a target date set to manage customer expectations. If it ships a day or so early, so much the better.<br><br>

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/19/02 07:42 AM

My email ends with "we look forward to delivering Mac OS X.2 to you by Saturday,<br>August 24th." So I expect to get it on Saturday, August 24th or heads will roll <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/19/02 07:50 AM

Make sure you have the iNet up, in case it's an air drop!<br><br>

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/19/02 08:19 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> No one ever said it would deliver on the 24th<p><hr></blockquote><p>My email said the same as yoyo's. I know its not a guarantee, but if they can't ship things to those who preorder by at least the same time it shows up for parties in retail stores, what's the point? Hmmm... maybe I could call FedEx and arrange a way to get it on saturday...<br><br>

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/19/02 08:29 AM

I'm referring to Apple's original announcement that it would ship on the 24th. The fact that it's starting to ship early — and may deliver on the 24th to some — is good news, of course.<br><br>

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/19/02 02:14 PM

I got the same email this weekend at work..says delivered on the 24th.<br><br>Well, I called them in the hopes of changing the shipping address as it's going to my work, which is closed on Sat.! No go...but they upgraded it to an overnight, at no cost to me, but that's if it ships either wed or thursday....<br><br>

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/19/02 03:05 PM

Oooh, good idea! Me too! Me too! <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/20/02 09:43 AM

Muaahahahahahaaaaaa.... I'll have it installed at around 11pm the night of the 23rd when it's available in Apple stores! Dey havin a paaaarrrrtay! <br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/21/02 02:55 AM

My brother got it last night! And he lives in the same city as me..what's up with that?!<br><br>

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/21/02 08:54 AM

What do you mean "it," man? Is he OK?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/21/02 08:58 AM

A colleague of mine received her Jaguar copy today. Technically, I suppose I should wait for my own copy but since I've already been billed...<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/22/02 11:03 AM

I'm going to install it on my iBook first, then a spare G4 and test the waters before installing it on my main dual ghz G4. I don't want any surprises. I've already heard that InDesign doesn't work too well in Jaguar.<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Invoice from Apple - 08/22/02 12:33 PM

Endnote 6 won't open AT ALL... <br><br>