heh... I used to work here...

Posted by: johnengler

heh... I used to work here... - 06/03/01 11:42 AM

Just thought I'd let everyone know that my old place of employment (and the reason I graduated with such bad grades) is featured at a great website. Check it out here:<br><br>http://www.playboy.com/on-campus/collegebars/<br><br>Heh... used to bartend there, and the prices were cheaper back then (4 years ago)... Pearl Beer was $.85 for a long neck back then, and pichers were $3.75<br><br>John<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: heh... I used to work here... - 06/17/01 07:54 PM

so... did the playboy link scare you guys off, or does no one want to comment on the fact that I used to be a bar tender?<br><br>any one?<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: heh... I used to work here... - 06/17/01 07:57 PM

you used to work at Playboy? <br><br>so what do you do now?<br><br>

Re: heh... I used to work here... - 06/17/01 08:02 PM

no... the bar that playboy highlighted in that link.....<br><br>argh... <br><br>now, I'm wishing i used to work at playboy, and hoping that my wife doesn't read this post <br><br>seriously though... since working at that bar, I've graduated from college, joined the Army, left the Army, joined MacNN, left MacNN, and now I'm working at Bestfares.com trying make the travel world a little cheaper and better for consumers....<br><br>you?<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: heh... I used to work here... - 06/17/01 08:08 PM

heh..I joined the Army too..back in 84 and got out too..back in 87. I did assorted jobs and am now a youth counselor.<br><br>Bestfares.com eh? hmmmm..I'm looking to go to Sacremento in Jan...can ya hook me up with some cheap fares? <br><br>

Re: heh... I used to work here... - 06/17/01 08:11 PM

okay... if you want me to hook you up with good airfare, I can't promise anything... I'm not a travel agent...<br><br>sent me an email with:<br><br>dates of travel, start and end, <br><br>destination and departure airports<br><br>full name and phone numbers<br><br>I'll have a travel agent call you with the best deal... if I have time<br><br>thanks all...<br><br>John<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: heh... I used to work here... - 06/17/01 08:14 PM

well..appreciate the offer..though I don't expect you to go out of your way! wow..will do that sometime.<br><br>

Re: heh... I used to work here... - 06/17/01 08:17 PM

not going out of my way really... Bestfares has some great deals sometimes... I can't wait to take advantage of them... we had a round trip ticket to NYX from Dallas for $68 a few weeks ago... but I didn't take advantage of it...<br><br>Just email your needs, and I'll pass it on... my travel agents will hook anyone up if they can...<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: heh... I used to work here... - 06/17/01 08:19 PM

what was your MOS in the Army? mine was 95B (military police)<br><br>

Re: heh... I used to work here... - 06/17/01 08:21 PM

I was an officer, so it was technically 12A, which in enlisted terms is 19K.<br><br>Tanker (I didn't want to walk anywhere)... hehe<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: heh... I used to work here... - 06/17/01 08:33 PM

cool...get to drive the newer M-1's?<br><br>

Re: heh... I used to work here... - 06/18/01 05:46 AM

yep. got to drive the M1, and do a lot more with it, like shoot things... nothing like sending 120MM steel bullets down range and watching them destroy your target ;)<br><br><br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: heh... I used to work here... - 06/18/01 04:59 PM

Oh geez John - You're an AGGIE??<br><br>Lord have mercy. My little brother graduated from the Chicken - or rather A&M and spent the vast majority of his student loans on cheap Texas beer and Tom's BBQ.<br>BTW - If you stand behind the bar and open longnecks does that really make you a bartender? I thought they were the folks who actually mixed drinks. Last time I was at the Chicken the only mixed drinks were when one spilled Shiner into a Pearl. <br><br>Oh -- and come Thanksgiving - Hook 'em! Yes, I bleed burnt Orange. <br><br>

Re: heh... I used to work here... - 06/18/01 05:10 PM

hehe.... I don't think it's the opening a long neck that makes you a bartender...<br><br>I think it's the hefty amount of change you get to take home from cheap aggies that buy $.95 pearl, and tip you a nickel....<br><br>and the fact that I could sing any damn country tune that was released before 1965 by heart if you asked me to....<br><br>that makes me a bartender (a chicken bartender that is)<br><br>heh... and yes, I'm an aggie<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2