Best Way To Back Up

Posted by: Anonymous

Best Way To Back Up - 08/11/02 10:23 PM

Hi mac friends,<br>Im currently in the process of working out the best way to back up a desktop (ie system folder, apps, files etc). Just wondering if any of you have anything you can suggest or recommend. Preferably something that will compress the data a little, as I have about 20 macs to back up.<br>Regards,<br>Con<br><br><br>
Posted by: morserj

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 08/11/02 11:14 PM

If all of the Macs are on the same network I would recommend Retrospect Workgroup (backs up 20 clients for $399 [i think] or you can pay for more clients). Its great software and will backup to any media and picks the computers that are in most need of being backed up first. We use the Workgroup version in our computer lab. <br><br>Ryan
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 08/12/02 12:20 PM

StuffIt for compression of files, burn to CD... unless you have the money for more complete backup solutions such as the one mentioned above.<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 08/12/02 03:20 PM

Thanx for that guys. I will try retrospect I think, as with Stuff It you are limited to how much you can compress at the same time.<br>I'll let you know how I'm going.<br>Thanx again<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 08/14/02 01:39 PM

Put your foot on the brake, grab the gear handle and put the indicator at the R (if automatic) or move the stick shift to R (if manual), look behind you, and back up slowly, keeping an eye on what's behind you at all times. <br><br>That's how you back up safely. <br><br>

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 08/14/02 09:01 PM

I knew someone was going to post that... I resisted the temptation, but I knew someone would jump on it! LOL! <br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 08/15/02 03:04 AM

Hehehe...I knew that if I didn't do it someone would...so I figured why not? <br><br>

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 08/15/02 07:50 AM

thanks for covering all our collective @sses! <br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 08/15/02 02:03 PM

You are welcome <br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 08:58 AM

Hey Giz, did you know your picture's not loading?<br><br>[color:blue]If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. - Milton Berle</font color=blue>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 09:03 AM

On the command of excution march of backwards march, take a 15 inch step backwards with the left foot, letting the arms swing naturally......oh sorry....it's a Drill Sergeant thing!<br><br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 01:48 PM

Well Ruben, this is another old thread and Gizmo has changed his icon...so the icon he had must not be on his server any more.<br><br>I'm sure if you go back further you will see old icons of me...and members who don't post here anymore...but that's ok,we know this already.<br><br>

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 03:33 PM

Did you know you keep going back to ancient threads and posting to them??? Why do you keep doing that?<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: carp

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 04:43 PM

He is useing the old Gizmo post pading trick.<br>Post in the back pages where no one goes anymore.<br>Just that at MM thread bumping ya can't get away with it like you can at MC.<br><br>

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 06:02 PM

Actually, I've never padded in old posts with the exception of the last time you said that... I went back about 3 months and responded to every post you made that I could find and simply said "Hi Carp" <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: carp

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 06:10 PM

Bull<br>I said that because I went beck and seen all your post. <br><br>Thanks for the gesture though.<br><br>

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 06:15 PM

Will you two stop padding your posts?? <br><br>

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 06:17 PM

Oh gee......not again!<br><br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 06:20 PM

again? what again? <br><br>

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 06:22 PM

You know.....posting just to post (knowing no one here would do that)!<br><br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 06:25 PM

Oh no..noone of us would post "just to post"!! <br><br>

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 06:27 PM

I agree!<br><br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 06:27 PM

Good..I'm glad we agree <br><br>

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 06:35 PM

I' am sorry, agree on what? (Note to self....self stop posting just to post or I could become a target of a US Postal Inspector) <br><br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 06:36 PM

We agreed...on..uh..dang..now I forgot. Time to drop this thread and start a new one <br><br>

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 06:38 PM

Yes, I agree....how about starting this one " flip through this minibook for inspiration"?<br><br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell

Re: Best Way To Back Up - 11/26/02 08:19 PM

will you shut the hell up! <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!