Teen Horde!!!

Posted by: lislaz

Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 05:29 PM

(with apologies to Greenme1 and other teens who are exceptions)<br><br>I'm in a new mall (the cart business) and it's my second day. This is is a completely different vibe from the Prudential Center. The Pru is a center of shops that is open 24-7 and also has businesses and offices. There is constant traffic, not a lot of it shoppers but I've gotten used to people just walking by.<br><br>HERE it's almost completely different. Because it's a destination mall (read: people come here exclusively to shop or meet and loiter with their friends) people's walking paces are slower. It's noisier.<br><br>There are (and here's the rant) HORDES of teenagers just bored out of their minds and unwilling to go home or too young to hang out anywhere else. <br><br>Mind you, there are worse places for these young people to hang out in and the mall is relatively safe. But I think it's the first time in a long time I've been able to just sit at the cart and watch teenagers in action.<br><br>They're hyper reactive! Example: One group of teens was at a cap cart and she pulled a cap from it's shelf. The plastic shelf came off and I heard a loud squeal of embarrassment which was followed by frantic fingers madly trying to wedge it back into it's slot. <br><br>And they're loud. Incredibly obnoxious sometimes. I think it's official, I'm turning into the old fogey we're all destined to be! <br><br>I was a teenager, I'm sure I was all of that -- but it is almost comical to watch them flirt (some kid @ss slapped a girl), tease, get anxious, socialize (they huddle) and just move in packs. <br><br>sigh. <br><br>

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 05:34 PM

oh..and yes -- I'm using my Powerbook and it's LOCKED UP!<br><br>so there. I'm not going to make a habit out of bringing it in anyway.<br><br>
Posted by: DavidDraiman

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 05:55 PM

What mall?<br><br>[color:red]Kitty!</font color=red>

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 05:56 PM

Burlington Mall<br><br>
Posted by: DavidDraiman

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 06:01 PM

Oh, ok, not one i usually frequent... just curious.<br><br>[color:red]Kitty!</font color=red>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 06:47 PM

I use to work at a mall exactly like it. Rockingham Park. Luckily I had all Friday nights off. It was stipulation I set before taking the job.<br><br>But the funniest/dumbest thing they would do is stand next to each other at 2 Macs and AIM each other and giggle away. OK kids time to go,<br><br><br>
Posted by: djstefan

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 07:29 PM

we hang out in a forum, and they hang out in a mall....<br><br>We act stupid sometimes in the forum, they always act stupid in the mall... <br><br>I dont see the big deal!?!? <br><br>_________________________________________<br>http://www.geocities.com/djstefan/bush.gif
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 07:36 PM

My brother and sister in law (and three daughters, now all out of the nest) live about a mile from the Burlington Mall, Lisa. I've been there several times. I know what you mean <br><br>But then, where are kids supposed to go, anyway?<br><br>Are you out of the Pru permanently, or is this a satellite location?<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 01/23/04 10:59 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 07:41 PM

In the end, mediocrity claims us all...even THIS guy:<br><br><br><br>What's important is to surrender with dignity.<br><br>===================<br><br>S3V3N<br>Washington, DC USA
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 08:12 PM

And no offense to you fine vendors, but I avoid the mall like the plague. <br><br>I find the most amusement in the south-side around 2am when the bars close. It's fun to watch the action unfold, and get a burrito while your at it. But like all places you have plenty chances to make a fool out of yourself... and i often make the best of those opportunities. <br><br>

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 08:13 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>We act stupid sometimes in the forum, they always act stupid in the mall... <p><hr></blockquote><p>Ahh, but here the police don't come when you lack a decent amount of clothing.... <br><br>

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 08:21 PM

there are fetish bars where they dont either! <br><br>_________________________________________<br>http://www.geocities.com/djstefan/bush.gif

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 08:23 PM

Ahh, but this is Pittsburgh.... <br><br>

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 08:26 PM

I know 3 of them in there from the last time I visited. If you want Ill tell you where they are. <br><br>_________________________________________<br>http://www.geocities.com/djstefan/bush.gif

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 08:30 PM

How about an all female one? ...with windows <br><br>

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/23/04 08:34 PM

This is my second cart, still debating the viability of renewing the leases when they end. I may concentrate more on an online business. Save on rent! Yay to that. <br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/24/04 04:20 AM

Are the windows for a free perv?<br>Getting to be a dirty old man already?<br>All men pass through this stage sooner or later.<br>It is quite an interesting pastime watching people go about their activities.<br>Some people make it their method of relaxation.<br>Sometimes it is hardly relaxing to watch.<br><br>Trör Ironbrow<br><br><pre>[color:blue]The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough</font color=blue></pre><p>

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/24/04 04:21 AM

what do you actually sell from the cart?<br><br>Trör Ironbrow<br><br><pre>[color:blue]The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough</font color=blue></pre><p>

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/24/04 06:04 AM

Well, I'm already bitter and have lost my memory (short and long term).... so i might as well finish it off with a bad back and becoming a perverted old man. <br><br>

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/24/04 06:39 AM

yeah well alzheimers takes away quality of life but being a dirty old man helps distract one.<br><br>Trör Ironbrow<br><br><pre>[color:blue]The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough</font color=blue></pre><p>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/24/04 07:59 AM

I get a kick out of the fact that all the teenage girls hang out in the mall walking back and forth while chatting on their cell phones (probably to the girl at the other end of the mall!). My wife and I actually followed a girl around in the mall for what had to be around 20 minutes and she was on the phone the entire time.<br><br>Why not just stay home?<br><br>Attn: Teenagers. THERE IS LIFE BEYOND THE CELL PHONE!!!!<br><br> What?<br>Visit My Web Site!

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/24/04 08:49 AM

Heck, there's life beyond the mall <br><br>

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/24/04 10:05 AM

At the Pru I sell handbags and handmade jewelry from Asia. At Burlington I'm selling Asian home goods and decor.<br><br>

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/24/04 10:40 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>My wife and I actually followed a girl around in the mall for what had to be around 20 minutes <p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Now that's what I call normal behavior.... you know you can get group help for that! <br><br>_________________________________________<br>http://www.geocities.com/djstefan/bush.gif

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/24/04 10:49 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Heck, there's life beyond the mall <p><hr></blockquote><p>Bite your tongue, man!!!! Driving away my business...<br><br>

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/24/04 12:25 PM

Oops <br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/24/04 12:35 PM

Yep the teens are the same way here aswell - must be universal I guess.<br>The teens do make the Mall seem busier with action and they provide a side show for the shoppers. So more people = more sales.<br><br>Anyway<br>When I was a teen on Kauai there was NO malls only mom and pop stores except for the nickle dime Kress store.<br><br>
Posted by: TheGreatDivide

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/24/04 12:39 PM

Because they don't learn how to jam, man.<br>They're all beats and clubbing... or is it just the whole <br>"...son's and daughters beyond your command" -Bob Dylan<br><br><br>And yes the youth have been getting restless since the truth of the matter hit, that the system/government is a lie. Ooops.<br><br>Environmental damage has been a factor in political unrest. UN, 011304

Re: Teen Horde!!! - 01/24/04 12:45 PM

I think it's more like ""...sons and daughters beyond your command" at least until 10pm when the mall closes and your dad picks you up at the front entrance! <br><br>

Sigh...new question - 01/24/04 01:35 PM

You know I'd complain about people asking me where the bathroom was at the Pru?<br><br>I thought I'd get the same questions here at Burlington..but noooooooo. People are now asking me where Victoria's Secret is! <br><br>It's under construction and good thing I had seen the sign for it last week because now it looks like VS has just disappeared from the mall -- no signs out, nothing. So that's my most popular query at this mall.<br><br>Apparently people are looking for underwear more than the loo. <br><br>

Re: Sigh...new question - 01/24/04 01:59 PM

I would be looking for Victoria's Secret too - Just to see the babes that walk inside <br><br>It's under construction and good thing I had seen the sign for it last week because now it looks like VS has just disappeared from the mall -- no signs out, nothing. So that's my most popular query at this mall.<br><br>Normally they would pull the signs a few weeks before the Grand Opening - Sorta arouse interest again. But if they pulled the signs just at the start of construction that would mean that a deal fell through somewhere.<br><br>

Re: Sigh...new question - 01/24/04 02:06 PM

No, there was a frame outside that they usually use for announcements (I know only because I used to work at Vicky's) but once the construction walls went up, there went the sign! <br><br>And yes, there are babes that walk in..but in my experience we'd get a lot of older, not as hot ladies who'd be trying on stuff. <br><br>Sorry to blast your hopes Carp. <br><br>psst...shoe stores are a good place for the hot babes! <br><br>

Re: Sigh...new question - 01/24/04 02:12 PM

because I used to work at Vicky's) HOT <br><br>There should be a law - If ya work in a department they should model the cloths aswell - LOL just kidding<br><br>

Re: Sigh...new question - 01/24/04 02:42 PM

[eyeroll]<br><br>Believe it or not, you're not the first man to propose that to my Vicky's sales associates. <br><br>

Re: Sigh...new question - 01/24/04 02:58 PM

LOL<br><br>Think of the sales if ya did the stores clientel would switch to 90% Men.<br><br>I used to work in a major department store and the Lougerie department was staffed will ladys at retirement age, every day. Whats up with that one??<br><br>Sorta took the wind out of my shopping to buy something sexy for my then ex-wife. <br><br>