G3 Laptop just died

Posted by: Anonymous

G3 Laptop just died - 07/05/02 08:14 PM

My other computer a G3 laptop (black 233) just totally died! plugging it in doesn't do anything and in wont turn on either. I can't figure out what is wrong. Got any ideas?<br><br>Peace, Late, Skate<br><br>~Steve~
Posted by: bganey

Re: G3 Laptop just died - 07/05/02 08:48 PM

There is still a lot of life left in that computer, I would take it to an Apple tech. <br><br>
Posted by: TimL

Re: G3 Laptop just died - 07/05/02 08:49 PM

The power adapter was recalled, have you ever replaced it? You'll have to now because it's dead...at least that's what happened to mine about 3 months ago (266 Wallstreet).<br><br>

Re: G3 Laptop just died - 07/05/02 08:49 PM

Yeah I guess. There is a "Genius Bar" in the apple store near me. It'll cost but its worth it.<br><br>Peace, Late, Skate<br><br>~Steve~
Posted by: morserj

Re: G3 Laptop just died - 07/07/02 05:57 PM

FWIW, The adapter recall was a result of a fire hazard and not the units dying. Although there was a set of dead units, they were replaced on a case by case bases (like the dead Airport base station issue is being handled) and not thorough a recall.<br><br>If the charger did die, you will still be able to check the battery to see if is has any juice. Most likely it does, and this is not the issue. Your sound/power board inside the computer may be dead instead, and it might need to be replaced.<br><br>Ryan

Re: G3 Laptop just died - 07/07/02 06:08 PM

I know it was recalled because of a fire hazard, that's why I replaced mine...which had nothing to do with it dying. My question is whether it was replaced, "have you replaced it?"...I thought it was easy to answer.<br><br>

Re: G3 Laptop just died - 07/08/02 07:18 PM

I had lent the computer to my sister and when the power adapter died she just uded up the battery now I can't use it at all. I havnt yet bought a new adapter (no ride to the mall) but I will be soon.<br><br>Peace, Late, Skate<br><br>~Steve~
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: G3 Laptop just died - 07/08/02 10:57 PM

If you get one of the old iBook yoyo adapters, it will work fine.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: G3 Laptop just died - 07/08/02 11:00 PM

Do you mean literally OLD iBook adapter or just saying that as a saying i.e. good old days<br><br>Peace, Late, Skate<br><br>~Steve~

Re: G3 Laptop just died - 07/09/02 09:07 AM

The clamshell iBooks is what I meant--"old" because they were last produced about a year and two months ago <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: G3 Laptop just died - 07/09/02 01:23 PM

Does that make my Wallstreet a relic then? <br>Still runs great, it's my wife's internet machine.<br><br>

Re: G3 Laptop just died - 07/09/02 02:04 PM

My wife has our Wallstreet too. She uses it for everything she does and it's fine. But you're right about its being a relic. Positively antedeluvian <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: G3 Laptop just died - 07/09/02 10:41 PM

Its all handled. I bought a adapter today, everthing is cool now. Thanks for your help<br><br>Peace, Late, Skate<br><br>~Steve~