BRASIL!!

Posted by: yoyo52

BRASIL!! - 06/30/02 01:42 PM

Can't say much more except maybe [color:red]Ronaldo</font color=red> <br><br>The Germans played well, but too defensively, I thought (maybe because Balack was not on the field). Their goalie, Kahn, was brilliant, but not brilliant enough. A good game, anyway.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: BRASIL!! - 06/30/02 02:21 PM

Outcome as expected, it was just not meant to be for Germany. Brazil is #1 in my book.<br><br>
Posted by: Mike

Re: BRASIL!! - 06/30/02 07:29 PM

I don't know, Mike, IMHO Germany had a relatively easy path (as compared to Korea). Maybe this game showed that the German team was a mediocre selection hastily put together. Some of their top players didn't even show up due to injuries and other excuses...The better team one this match; I'm not so sure that the winner was the best team....<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: BRASIL!! - 06/30/02 08:25 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I'm not so sure that the winner was the best team<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Maybe Spain--but Korea "beat" Spain, so no luck there.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"