X Users: download THIS now

Posted by: NotTheOnly1

X Users: download THIS now - 06/27/02 11:36 AM

Hi, if you download THIS[/b]</font color=blue>, your life will be changed.. for free!<br><br><br><br>Do you rhumba? Excellent! Now pick a rhumba and sit down.. GM
Posted by: bganey

I love it! - 06/27/02 12:10 PM

Thanks man...this rules....<br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re:Thank you - 06/27/02 12:23 PM

What an obviously great addition. I put money it is in Jaguar.<br><br>Paul Morrison ... the striped bass are in ...

Doesn't it rule though? - 06/27/02 12:24 PM

OBVIOUS BENEFIT<br><br>No need to 'genie' windows into the dock and then go back and find them. Sorry Steve, but this saves a LOT of time.<br><br>SUBTLE BUT COOL BENEFITS<br><br>1. SINCE you're not sticking stuff in your dock often, your dock doesn't shrink. Therefore, no need to ever adjust the dock's size and magnification.<br><br>2. Sherlock, Stickies, and the calculator can always be left open and ready.<br><br>Is this the Balzac or what?<br><br>(Sorry Krasni..)<br><br><br><br>Do you rhumba? Excellent! Now pick a rhumba and sit down.. GM
Posted by: bganey

Re: Doesn't it rule though? - 06/27/02 12:25 PM

The absolute bomb....no more clutter.....<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Doesn't it rule though? - 06/27/02 04:20 PM

Cool! Thanks for the heads up. It really helps for computers with small screens like my PB.<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: X Users: download THIS now - 06/28/02 08:41 AM

argh... I personally didn't like this on my 19 inch montor at work... I'm use to being able to avoid using the dock to switch programs... and like being able to see what's open on my desktop space...<br><br>however I did install it on the smalll 12" iBook screen, and seem to like it there... we'll see if it bothers me next week when I'm using the machine more often.<br><br><br>"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie

Re: X Users: download THIS now - 06/28/02 11:07 AM

The love/hate response to this program is interesting. I've noticed that mice haters dislike this program. The recent "use the keyboard only" movement of recent months makes programs like this annoying.<br><br>For me, I use a trackball. People tell me the keyboard is quicker, but I think it's only true for normal mice. I've watched them empty the trash with keys only, and they smirk with glee at how much faster and easier they think it is.<br><br>To each his own.<br><br>Do you rhumba? Excellent! Now pick a rhumba and sit down.. GM

Re: X Users: download THIS now - 07/01/02 01:27 PM

After using this for a week I have moved it into the "how could I haved lived without this" catagory.<br>Once they get rid of "preview" in cloumn mode I will offcially think X is perfect. Can't wait for "more than perfect " when jaguar comes out.<br><br>Paul Morrison ... the striped bass are in ...
Posted by: TimL

Re: X Users: download THIS now - 07/01/02 02:07 PM

If you use TinkerTool you can get rid of previews in column view now. (Finder tab, disable preview)<br><br>

Re: X Users: download THIS now - 07/01/02 03:31 PM

Why don't you like the preview feature?<br><br>I find it very useful myself. :)<br><br>--<br>I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.

Re: X Users: download THIS now - 07/01/02 04:20 PM

Because when in column mode it makes me move click one extra time. jaguar is going to add the ability to turn this off. 99 times out of a 100 all it is doing is giving me a view of a huge icon. I can see if you are dealing with pics a lot it would be handy but PS 7 covers that big time with their built in browser.<br><br><br>Paul Morrison ... the striped bass are in ...

Re: X Users: download THIS now - 07/01/02 07:41 PM

I think I can say this is the coolest thing EVER, Im sick of having to hold option, this saves me very valuable seconds. (Im not being sarcastic, i really mean this.) Thanks for telling us about this.<br><br>Peace, Late, Skate<br><br>~Steve~
Posted by: sean

Re: X Users: download THIS now - 07/01/02 08:01 PM

i have to give it the thumbs down. i tried it, but i like going from one app (e.g., email) and pasting into another app (e.g., word). this new app is forcing me to use the dock when i used to have the windows side-by-side and completed in a mere second. now, i have to move my mouse over to the dock (not a quick stroke on my laptop's trackpad). booo!<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: X Users: download THIS now - 07/01/02 08:14 PM

In reply to: "have to give it the thumbs down." by Sean<br>__<br>I do see your point on that I thought tht at first but I am getting used to it and it helps quite a bit, the ONLY thing I dont like is I cant drag something from one app to another (like a web site pic to a specific folder). But besides that it is really useful.<br><br><br>Peace, Late, Skate<br><br>~Steve~