dogs and cats

Posted by: drjohn

dogs and cats - 12/02/03 07:40 PM

I just photographed a couple of pastel drawings for, and by, a friend, the same guy that did the wonderful 10 second caricature of me you see as my avitar. The drawings measure 17x23 and I just thought I'd share them. I knew he designed signs for a living but didn't know he did other things too.<br><br><br><br><br><br>drjohn's photos
Posted by: iRock

Re: dogs and cats - 12/02/03 07:42 PM

Lovely art. Good proportions. I like the caricature.<br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: dogs and cats - 12/02/03 07:45 PM

Wow! That guy is terrific.<br>I would love to have him do a portrait of my dog. Please PM me if he is interested in doing something for a fee. <br>(I would love to surprise my wife with a cool portrait of our dog, Gracie)<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: dogs and cats - 12/02/03 07:49 PM

That's nice stuff.<br><br>Now, is it possible he bases his drawings on photos? That would mean you just photographed the drawings that started as photographs that he drew that you photographed. From his drawings, that is... Did that make any sense? <br><br>
Posted by: lislaz

Re: dogs and cats - 12/02/03 07:52 PM

Ooh! Ooh! Good idea Sherman!!<br><br>And yes drjohn...love the avatar. <br><br>

Re: dogs and cats - 12/02/03 07:53 PM

wha? what? what???<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: dogs and cats - 12/02/03 08:13 PM

Very good stuff, drjohn.<br><br>I love the kitty's eyes <br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.
Posted by: Trog

Re: dogs and cats - 12/02/03 09:01 PM

Beautiful.<br><br>

Re: dogs and cats - 12/02/03 09:31 PM

Very nice work. Realistic.<br><br>That reminds me... I've got two doggie portraits to finish before Dec. 15th because they are needed for Christmas gifts. So why am I reading the forum? <br><br>My portraits aren't nearly as realistic as your friend's are. <br><br><br><br><br>

Re: dogs and cats - 12/02/03 09:37 PM

Those are "awwwwwww" portraits to me! So cute. Just finishing touches to be done? Nice job Donna.<br><br>

Re: dogs and cats - 12/02/03 09:41 PM

Thanks, Lisa. Actually, those are finished ones that I did for other people. That's about as finished as they ever get. As soon as I get a good likeness I stop drawing. Otherwise I end up ruining them by trying to make them too perfect. <br><br>I haven't even started the two I need by Dec. 15th yet, lol. <br><br>

Re: dogs and cats - 12/02/03 09:42 PM

ahhhh.<br><br>uh-oh. get cracking! And by the way, how are you enjoying your new ibook?<br><br>

Re: dogs and cats - 12/02/03 09:45 PM

I love the new iBook. Thanks for asking. I've been spending my spare time getting it set up the way I want it and transferring files, etc. instead of doing things I really need to be doing. <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: dogs and cats - 12/02/03 10:45 PM

Hey, those are excellent too!<br><br>

Re: dogs and cats - 12/03/03 05:10 AM

things you need to be doing? like the dog paintings? <br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: dogs and cats - 12/03/03 05:14 AM

"Hey, those are excellent too."<br>Amen!<br><br>