MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff

Posted by: adzoox

MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/14/03 08:37 AM

Looks like www.jackwhispers.com is already on top of Jack's latest hoodwink. "The Mouse is not The Truth"<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/14/03 08:47 AM

If it was wireless, it would be something, but not like this <br><br>[color:blue]Your unsolicited Apple authority</font color=blue>

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/14/03 09:27 AM

Ha, that's the point - nobody make a wireless scroll mouse that looks like an Apple Mouse - as soon as they do [Jack]Mice will have it (rebranded and pricejacked) and say, "...years of hard work and design has gone into custom engineering this marvel"<br><br>

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/14/03 10:21 AM

you're really pissed at this guy, aren't you?<br><br>[color:blue]Your unsolicited Apple authority</font color=blue>

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/14/03 11:21 AM

Not pissed, just tired of someone who has lied and lied his way through the Mac Community and ripped off DOZENS of their intellectual property rights.<br><br><br>

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/14/03 12:31 PM

How come he hasn't been sued yet?<br><br>[color:blue]Your unsolicited Apple authority</font color=blue>

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/14/03 02:38 PM

My guesses? And what I know?<br><br>- Small companies can't afford litigation<br>- Small companies don't have time to focus on litigation<br>- Several forums have stated "Why sue someone who's already almost in bankruptcy - see the Your Mac Life Forums where his income is revealed (by him)<br>- The companies he's ripping off aren't in this country and don't hold US patents<br>- Patenting is expensive and patent court cases hard to fight<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/14/03 10:55 PM

I and a few friends have dealt with MacMice with absolutely no problems. It would seem some can't leave old news alone!<br><br>alec - OFI

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 05:29 AM

You know though, I don't think anyone has ever said DON'T buy. I don't think ANYONE has ever said he wasn't a good marketer.<br><br>Jackwhispers makes the point that the man was in jail, he's a pathological liar and it COULD lead to credit card theft and it ALREADY is intellectual property theft.<br><br>I'm glad you and your friends support fraud, intellectual property theft and promote pathological lying as an accepted behaviour.<br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 05:38 AM

Hey Rus, that's not fair. You made a rash statement when you said that theft and lying was supported by anyone here. <br>I think if you spent a little more time here participating in discussions, you would soon realize that there are some good folks here. So what if somebody had a not-so -bad experience with jack. You have really diminished your original post.<br>By the way, I have followed the Jackwhispers and other sites and won't buy from him.<br><br><br>

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 08:12 AM

First off, I'm curious if you've had personal experience with MacMice? And, if so, how was your transaction handled? Or are you just perpetuating the ramblings of a small, select few who have experienced a less than perfect transaction?<br><br>Because I'm located in Canada, I would think I'd be a prime target for the unscrupulous business practices of an American online retailer. One would think the promises of replacement SightClips (which I purchased in July of this year) would be empty. One would also think any of my Canadian friends would have been cheated in some way. Surprise, surprise! Nothing of the sort has occurred!<br><br>Not only has my buying experience with MacMice been favourable, the company's efforts to keep me informed as to shipments and manufacturing progress is a pleasant boon to their apparent growing integrity.<br><br>I'm sure some of the online community's most popular news sites wouldn't bother to discuss MacMice products if the company were such a perceived bad risk.<br><br>Although I can be a miserable, old curmudgeon and continue to display much skepticism to online buying, my choice to deal with MacMice is based on a concerted effort into "reading between the lines" of the outrageous public ravings and responses to them from Jack, himself. My opting to provide his company the benefit of the doubt has not been met with any unpleasantness.<br><br>To suggest I and my friends support illegal activities is preposterous and ignorant!<br><br>alec - OFI
Posted by: margadagio

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 10:00 AM

I'm someone who has recently completed a successful transaction with MacMice and was pleasantly surprised at my timely shipment of a SightFlex.<br><br>It seems to me some folks are on a witch hunt. They are looking for anything to nit pick. The guy may have had an unsavoury past but I'm dealing with the present. I'm willing to cut the guy some slack.<br><br>I'm insulted that you would suggest that I support fraud and theft.<br><br>PS: swatcat wants to know if your needle is stuck. All your posts here are related to this one issue. Looks like you make a career of going forum to forum to smear Jack's name.<br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by margadagio on 11/15/03 01:06 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: Lori

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 10:10 AM

I just completed an order for the new beautiful looking two button scroll mouse. It looks just like the one I got with my iMac. I was real happy to see it.<br>Then, to my dismay I started reading the stuff in this post, and then did more searching on my own following all the links to My Mac Life site and MacInTouch, etc etc.<br><br>I got a little worried after reading everything.<br>I am still happy I ordered the mouse because it was just what I was looking for.<br><br><br>My Stuff

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 10:19 AM

I don't believe you have anything to worry about.<br><br>Enjoy your new mouse when you get it! <br><br>

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 12:52 PM

I doubt that there is anything to worry about. It seems as though he does copy ideas and claims them as his own, however. <br>I paid particular attention to the thread in YourMac Life.<br>On the other hand, I like the idea of a two-button mouse with a scroll wheel that is identical to the original Mac mouse. I wonder if there is already one out there.<br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 01:02 PM

i don't know if there are any others out there.<br>I was hesitant to get a two button scroll wheel mouse because none of them looked nice with my FP imac.<br>I love the look of the Pro mouse that came with the iMac, but I really wanted to try a two button scroll wheel mouse.<br>When I saw the article in MacMinute news I went to the site and saw the mouse and had to get it.<br><br><br><br>My Stuff

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 01:06 PM

I agree with you. I love the look and feel of the Pro mouse. I think a two-button with a scroll wheel looking identical to the Pro would be a good seller.<br>Let me know your experience.<br>PS> You hear that, Jack? You better be extra nice to her!<br><br>

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 01:09 PM

Maybe some things are copied. I have no personal experience to think so or to know absolutely for sure.<br>From what I've seen in the business world, making something similar is nothing new. Look at Microsoft for goodness sakes and how about our beloved Apple? Think they don't push the limits? ha!<br><br>If something hasn't got a foolproof patent then it's fair game. If Jack has supposedly "stolen" something that had a legit patent then that person should sue. period.<br><br>I just bought something from him I haven't seen elsewhere. It fulfills a need that is lacking from Apple itself. I've not seen this product elsewhere.<br>I needed it and bought it. <br><br>

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 01:12 PM

I have a multi button scroll mouse and I love it. I'm sure when you get used to your new mouse you'll never want to go back.<br><br>That mouse Jack is selling does look very cool. Much prettier than my Microsoft mouse. <br><br>

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 01:15 PM

"...I needed it" I think I need one too.<br>Hopefully, there will be a review soon.<br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sross on 11/15/03 04:16 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 02:52 PM

I meant to thank you earlier, SR, for standing up for the members here.<br><br>Cheers!<br><br>alec - OFI
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 03:56 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I can be a miserable, old curmudgeon<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>You? Nah! Just a man who knows his mind <br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 04:21 PM

I'll be purchasing an iSight next week then I'll have the opportunity to try out the SightFlex. It seems ideal for my uses.<br>The Apple supplied attachment would never do for my particular monitor. I don't have an Apple display.<br><br>Sherm, like Alec, thanks for sticking up for the members. I got to wonder about folks who seem to have some personal vendetta against a person or business. When all is said and done I think you'll find that it's a very few who hold this guy's attitude. Far more are happy campers and pleased with Jack's products.<br><br>

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/15/03 04:34 PM

Aww <br>I am very suspicious of people who just pop in and try to poison the well. <br>The fellow lost credibility across the board when he started the name-calling. Not very smart and really not effective.<br>Apparently, this Jack fellow is very controversial. <br>I am curious if the various sites (who know him, by the way) decided on their own to announce the product or felt pressured. <br> Oh well, we'll never know.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/16/03 11:12 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>If Jack has supposedly "stolen" something that had a legit patent then that person should sue. period.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Well, he was sued on one of his first ventures (the "desk" fiasco where he was actually selling someone elses designs as his own).<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I think you'll find that it's a very few who hold this guy's attitude. Far more are happy campers and pleased with Jack's products.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I highly doubt that... If you look back at the history of companies Jack has started (and have since gone out of business) you'll notice they don't last very long - mostly because his scams become public knowledge so quickly, and his reputation preceeds him.<br><br>I have nothing personal against this guy, I can only go by what I've read about him and his practices - which thus far has been two good referrals from Alec & Marge, and thousands of posts across the internet which had nothing good to say about him, his products, his service and his reliability. However I also do think people have gone too far with it too. Some people like Sean King (I'm pretty sure it was him, but if not it was someone on his web forum) have gone into detail with Jack's prison sentance and I don't think that was necessary - on the other hand it does lend some background to the claims.<br><br><br>Visit Me!

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/17/03 02:48 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>.... and thousands of posts across the internet which had nothing good to say about him, his products, his service and his reliability. <p><hr></blockquote><p>This is true. No denying it. However, my point is this. When folks get good service, how many bother to go on the internet and say so? Not many. We have no idea how many people received good service do we?<br>My gut instinct says this guy wants to make an honest go of his business. As for publicizing his prison sentence, that disgusted me. I know someone who has less than savory convictions but have turned their life around for the better and is now an upstanding citizen that anyone could be proud to know. <br><br>

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/17/03 05:04 AM

Marg, I agree with everything you and Jim say. Here is where I have some difficulties: The earlier troubles were for some sort of fraud. He has recently been accused of fraudulently selling products as his own design.(At least by the designers.)There may or may not be a pattern there.<br>But the thing that sticks in my craw is the method by which he responds to his critics. Ignoring them would be much better than invoking phantom lawfirms or using profanity.<br>As for the products, if he was as smart as he claims to be, he would let someone else be the front person and just be a little less grandiose in his claims.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sross on 11/17/03 08:04 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/17/03 05:17 AM

My thoughts exactly Sherm... where there's smoke there's usually fire. And given the high ratings Alec has given his product he bought from Jack, and the fact that I "know" Alec, and don't "know" the thousands of complainers, I would be half tempted to ignore them. But with so many alternatives available, what reason would I have to play roulette with my money by buying from him, when I could just as easily get the same product from Dr.Bott or MacMall or a number of other "trusted" companies?<br><br>The guy's ego is just too big for his own good. He just can't keep his name off of anything. Which keeps getting him into these messes.<br><br><br>Visit Me!
Posted by: hayesk

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/17/03 10:12 AM

Agreed. The guy has every right to mark up products that he buys from someone else, but the copy for his website reads like he has a team of engineers working hard to make products "designed exclusively for the Mac market" which is simply a lie.<br><br>The guy seems sleazy and I will not buy from him. His new mouse is probably developed by someone else that sells it much cheaper. It's only a matter of time before we find it.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/17/03 10:15 AM

I'm not one of these types who has to have every piece of hardware look like each other, so my Logitech Elite kb & mouse will do just fine, thank you very much...<br><br>Can't believe there's a whole site dedicated to what this guy does in his personal life. Why not just contact the BBB?<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/17/03 10:16 AM

The BBB is just a registry. They don't do anything. This guy really wants people to know so he promotes that site everywhere he goes.<br><br>

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/18/03 05:12 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>But the thing that sticks in my craw is the method by which he responds to his critics. Ignoring them would be much better than invoking phantom lawfirms or using profanity.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I'll have to agree with you there. Jack is his own worse enemy.<br><br>I purchased my iSight today and have it set up with the SightFlex that I just bought from MacMice. They go extremely well together. I showed Alec today what I had bought from Jack and he agrees that it is a very well made product and certainly worth the money. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend the SightFlex to my friends and family.<br><br>If there is another similar product out there on the market, I've not seen it and would be very surprised if someone were selling it for much less given the quality.<br><br>

Re: MacMinute promotes more [Jack]Mice stuff - 11/18/03 05:40 PM

I'm glad you are happy with the product. A satisfied customer is the best marketing tool.<br><br>