Rumors..more rumors

Posted by: OSXaddict

Rumors..more rumors - 06/01/02 08:03 PM

I read elsewhere that this coming Tuesday Apple is releasing something new..and then I found this someplace else: http://www.osopinion.com/perl/story/18014.html<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p><br>Apple Videoconferencing Device Coming Soon<br>Compared with cell phones  and PDAs  (personal digital assistants), which have limited connectivity, low storage capacity, minimal upgradeability and exceptionally small screens, the desktop computer offers extensive options for connectivity and expandability.<br><br>It's no wonder that both Steve Jobs and Bill Gates have deemed the desktop computer the ideal product for maximum external device connectivity, or, as Jobs calls it (only to be echoed by Gates), a "digital hub."<br><br>Although PDAs, MP3  players, digital cameras and the like have a long history with regard to their ability to synchronize with personal computers, only recently have they become regarded as key drivers of desktop computer sales.<br><br>Premiere Platform<br><br>An oft-repeated mantra among Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL)  executives in the recent past has been that the Macintosh  is the premier digital hub for these types of devices.<br><br>Products like Apple's iPod MP3 player have allowed the company to leverage its control of hardware, software and OS to maintain the best user experience possible -- something that isn't quite as easy for separately governed, component-based PCs.<br><br>When Apple unveiled the iPod, we got our first peek at the company's digital device strategy.<br><br><p><hr></blockquote><p> <br>go to the link to read more.<br><br>Sounds similar to a webcam...<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Rumors..more rumors - 06/01/02 08:23 PM

Hummm so Apple wants to break into the business market and its about time.<br><br>Apple needs to be the digital hub for business aswell. After all the PC trolls always complain about Apples Networking ability.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Rumors..more rumors - 06/02/02 07:27 AM

Interesting. If it is a video conference/web cam device, I'll be interested in seeing how it develops...and how the market will evolve around it? Will it be used for video conferencing? Or maybe doing "Public Access" web broadcasts? <br><br>And most importantly, will it be cool enough to finally convince my wife I need a new computer...;-)<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Rumors..more rumors - 06/02/02 10:17 AM

Very interesting, considering Quicktime 6 will allow you to stream video right from your desktop!!!<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>