if this iPod rumor is true....

Posted by: Anonymous

if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/15/03 10:06 PM

Every guy in the radio news business is going to buy an iPod....<br><br>iPod to offer voice recording<br><br>
Posted by: rman

Re: if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/15/03 10:08 PM

Interesting<br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/15/03 10:09 PM

Could you imagine?<br><br>We have a fairly large news department and that would be very handy.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/15/03 10:25 PM

I am kind of excited to see what will come out. I heard there was a recording chip before in the newer iPods. And I am a little apprehensive over the Windows Music Store to see if it sizzles or fizzles.<br><br>

Re: if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/15/03 10:29 PM

Considering all of the current Windows online music stores all suck, Apple shouldn't have too much trouble. <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/15/03 10:31 PM

Good point, right now you could say its gonna Nizzle Chrizzle Shizizzle. <br><br>

Re: if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/15/03 10:33 PM

That's exactly what I'm hoping for, Bryan. I have had pretty good luck even with the numerous dropped connections on my half hour per song downloads.<br><br>

Re: if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/15/03 10:35 PM

That sucks....I guess the mailman is your iTunes music store <br><br>

Re: if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/15/03 10:42 PM

Don't cry for me, Bryan Ganey.(to the tune of Don't Cry For Me, Argentina)<br><br>I am aiming for satellite internet as soon as available in my area.<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/15/03 10:43 PM

the mic should've been there in the first place...<br><br>[color:blue]an Apple a day keeps the doctor away</font color=blue>

Re: if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/15/03 10:58 PM

I know you've posted about this before...but there's no cable and you're too far from the phone company for DSL, right?<br><br>
Posted by: morserj

Re: if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/15/03 11:04 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Considering all of the current Windows online music stores all suck, Apple shouldn't have too much trouble. <p><hr></blockquote><p><br>But they are Windows users! They like software that sucks.<br><br>Ryan
Posted by: carp

Re: if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/15/03 11:37 PM

I agree<br><br>The current iPod for Windows UI suck now.<br>The up coming UI for iTMS Windows will suck to - but thats what they like.<br><br>After all if its ugly and convoluted - they will buy them in droves<br><br>

Re: if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/16/03 05:18 AM

Yep Bryan. The closet one of the two twin cities near me doesn't even have it.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/16/03 07:17 AM

Yeah, my Nomad Jukebox had that feature- never used it, but I believe it recorded voice files in WAV format, and then you could get it off the player using iTunes or winAmp or whatever..<br><br>So, this firmware upgrade is going to magically convert the headphone jack into a mic jack too? <br><br><br>Hmmmmm.<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: if this iPod rumor is true.... - 10/16/03 08:11 AM

The sound hardware is already there. Someone was able to access recording in the iPod's "test mode" using the headphone and the remote jack when the 3G iPods first came out. Maybe one of the pins in the remote jack is a mic connector?<br><br>