How awesome is this gonna be?

Posted by: DaddyMac

How awesome is this gonna be? - 10/08/03 12:49 PM

..the ability to 'carry' mobile numbers from carrier to carrier, that is. AND to get it done in a few hours will be a huge bonus.<br><br>Regulators want cell phone numbers switched in 2 hours<br><br>
Posted by: squareman

Re: How awesome is this gonna be? - 10/08/03 01:13 PM

Gonna be tasty sweet. We've been waiting to switch, but have had our numbers so long (including biz cards) that we didn't dare switch.<br><br><pre>feh!</pre><p>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: How awesome is this gonna be? - 10/08/03 01:18 PM

Jeez, why in the hell did I post this here? <br><br>Wasn't paying attention, I guess.<br><br>

Re: How awesome is this gonna be? - 10/08/03 01:22 PM

Too bad there's not a "move post" link next to the "edit" link. <br><br><pre>feh!</pre><p>

Re: How awesome is this gonna be? - 10/08/03 01:30 PM

Ooooooh! This part makes it extra sweet:<br><br>"... [the FCC's] policy that requires regular phone carriers to let customers switch their home and business numbers to cell phones."<br><br><pre>feh!</pre><p>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: How awesome is this gonna be? - 10/09/03 02:14 AM

it would be cool if you could carry that number with you wherever you live around the world. basically, every person would be given a number when he/she gets born and that number would stay with the person forever...<br><br>
Posted by: PointBreak

Re: How awesome is this gonna be? - 10/09/03 05:43 AM

you mean you backward Americans havent been able to switch numbers between carriers? And you call yourselves a super power <br><br>Need a laugh? Visit CreatorDude.com
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: How awesome is this gonna be? - 10/09/03 06:55 AM

I know how some people here would react to the idea that you have a number that you carry with you from birth to death. It's a conspiracy! The number of the beast! FDR was Satan!<br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet

Re: How awesome is this gonna be? - 10/09/03 08:42 AM

I thought that was Ronald(6) Wilson(6) Reagan(6)..... He's got the number of the beast! aaaaaaaahhhhhh! (Runs screaming like a little girl). <br><br>That was always my more favorite absurdly Christian-inspired political paranoid theory. Say that five time.<br><br><pre>If absolute power corrupts, why don't large-breasted women rule the planet?</pre><p>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: How awesome is this gonna be? - 10/09/03 12:36 PM

LOL<br><br>I was thinking of what people used to (I hope it's in the past tense!) say about social security.<br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet