Apple Stock? What the heck?

Posted by: Mike

Apple Stock? What the heck? - 05/15/13 10:22 AM

Big drop again today! And I thought it was on the upswing...

"Apple fell as much as 3.3 percent, the biggest intraday loss since April 24, and traded 2.9 percent lower at $431.23 by 12:15 p.m. in New York. The stock has lost 39 percent from a record high in September amid concerns about slowing profit and sales, narrowing margins and intensifying mobile competition." cry

Re: Apple Stock? What the heck? - 07/24/13 02:45 AM

This post has been here for a while now! Lol
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Apple Stock? What the heck? - 09/17/13 11:16 AM

Ok.
Posted by: neil

Re: Apple Stock? What the heck? - 12/06/13 08:39 AM

Well, it's been a nice ride up recently.

Re: Apple Stock? What the heck? - 12/06/13 05:16 PM

On the way down again... eek
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Apple Stock? What the heck? - 01/27/14 02:14 PM

AAPL down $45.00!!! on record iPhone sales. crazy
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Apple Stock? What the heck? - 01/27/14 02:35 PM

I see it up 4.43.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Apple Stock? What the heck? - 01/27/14 02:43 PM

After hours trading. shocked

Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Apple Stock? What the heck? - 01/27/14 03:32 PM

Yeah--I see that now. What I've read is that (1) holiday iPhone sales came in under WS expectations and (2) the guidance for the next quarter is even lower.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Apple Stock? What the heck? - 01/27/14 03:52 PM

From the WaPo

Apparently, the market is saturating, so all the companies in the sector are slowing down a bit.

Regardless, apparently only Apple is "facing stiff competition" and "lagging behind"

The analysts they quote and paraphrase insist Apple must bring new products to market in order for those analysts to raise their estimations of Apple, because apparently it's solely Apple's responsibility to innovate for the rest of the industry and bring out new products for the rest to copy

These are the same analysts, btw, who apparently didn't take into account the softening market and were disappointed that Apple didn't forecast $46B next quarter as they wanted, but instead managed only a measly $42B estimate

Meanwhile, having posted a record quarter and meeting/beating these same analysts' estimates for that quarter, Apple continues to laugh its way to the bank ...
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Apple Stock? What the heck? - 01/27/14 04:55 PM

cool laugh
Well said.