Apple products earn highest marks!

Posted by: Mike

Apple products earn highest marks! - 12/08/11 02:29 PM

The annual PCWorld magazine survey shows Apple's products "rule' in just about every category!
Nice job, Apple! (But we knew Apple's the best, right?)

Survey Results from PCWorld
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Apple products earn highest marks! - 12/09/11 04:11 AM

Did you also know the Apple employees are underpaid making $9 per hour mostly and their top employees making about $15.00 per hour.
Posted by: Mike

Re: Apple products earn highest marks! - 12/09/11 06:41 AM

Perhaps the lowest on the totem pole. But others seem to earn much more. It doesn't look too bad...

"Compensation is known to be very competitive. Benefits include stock purchase program, 401k and flexible health and wellness programs. In addition, Apple gives generous employee product discounts, a great paid vacation program and many educational opportunities."

Apple employee salaries/hourly wages
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Apple products earn highest marks! - 12/09/11 06:48 AM

Please don't reply with substantive, factual responses.. it throws the naysayers for a loop... Infinity Loop.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Apple products earn highest marks! - 12/11/11 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: musicalmarv7
Did you also know the Apple employees are underpaid making $9 per hour mostly and their top employees making about $15.00 per hour.

A) Source?

B) What should they be paid? Minimum wage is $7.25/hour -- I imagine for a lower-tier retail employee $9 plus benefits (especially Apple benefits) might not be a terrible deal. And what's a "top employee"? I can pretty much guarantee a manger isn't making the equivalent of only $15.00/hour ...
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Apple products earn highest marks! - 12/12/11 03:33 AM

Most of these Apple employees are not having medical coverage and certainly no commission at all in the retail aspect.Just straight salary and long hours.

Re: Apple products earn highest marks! - 12/12/11 04:33 AM

Isn't that more a function of their economy? If they could get better jobs.. wouldn't they? Is someone goose stepping them to the production line?
Or is that the best job they can find.. and they consider themselves lucky to have it.. no matter the working conditions?
I go to Miami and see lots of people in warehouses.. working crappy little assembly line jobs. Not as bad as in China... but is that our fault how they have set up their working environment?

If Apple were to bring home all of their manufacturing, you would be complaining about how Apple left all of those workers unemployed.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Apple products earn highest marks! - 12/12/11 07:11 AM

Originally Posted By: musicalmarv7
.Just straight salary and long hours.

For many people, that's called "work" ;-)

Having said that, retail is retail, and even at its best retail can really suck. But I'm led to believe that, generally, working at an Apple store is actually one of the better-paying and more enjoyable retail experiences to be had out there.

As for benefits, apparently Apple does offer a comprehensive package depending on your position, location and years with the company. It's difficult to address your assertion that "most" Apple employees don't receive medical coverage since you offer no basis at all for that claim.

Re: Apple products earn highest marks! - 12/12/11 07:41 AM

Ahhh.. my bad, I thought we were complaining about the Foxconn workers again.
Posted by: seanx

Re: Apple products earn highest marks! - 12/12/11 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike
The annual PCWorld magazine survey shows Apple's products "rule' in just about every category!
Nice job, Apple! (But we knew Apple's the best, right?)

Survey Results from PCWorld

Yes you are absolutely saying right Apple rules...