Apple Stores.

Posted by: Jim_

Apple Stores. - 12/08/11 12:21 PM

Pretty interesting article about the secrecy in their retail store openings here.

its shops generate by far the highest sales per square foot -- a coveted statistic in retail -- with $5,626 on average, according to industry research firm RetailSails.

That is almost double the #2 spot.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Apple Stores. - 12/08/11 01:06 PM

Man, do I miss Grand Central! frown
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Apple Stores. - 12/08/11 01:42 PM

They were grossing more per sq ft by their 2nd year, I believe.
Posted by: carp

Re: Apple Stores. - 12/08/11 07:25 PM

Steve Jobs personally convinced the developer of the surrounding plaza to revise its own construction plans to make the Apple Store the centerpiece, the New York Times reported.

Re: Apple Stores. - 12/08/11 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: carp
Steve Jobs personally convinced the developer of the surrounding plaza to revise its own construction plans to make the Apple Store the centerpiece, the New York Times reported.

Why are you quoting that section to me?
It has nothing to do with my statement.

Re: Apple Stores. - 12/08/11 08:25 PM

Because your post was at the bottom laugh

Re: Apple Stores. - 12/08/11 08:44 PM

Don't be so lazy....

Re: Apple Stores. - 12/08/11 09:04 PM

It was not pointed at anyone in the first place - it was just a quote without any comment from me either.

Not sure why your hair on your back is up laugh it happens to me all time when I am the last post - does not bother me at all. I can figure that out really fast laugh

Re: Apple Stores. - 12/08/11 09:10 PM

Good for you.. smart guy. I, on the other hand, assume that you are looking at the person you are speaking to.. and not elsewhere in the room at someone else. Therefore, I try to make sense out of what you are saying.... when you aren't saying anything.. to me anyways. And that is a waste of my time. Many times over.
Don't be lazy.. . respond to the person you are .. uh.. responding to.
I thought we agreed not to respond to each other since it always quickly degrades to this.

I don't have hair on my back.
Posted by: choker

Re: Apple Stores. - 12/09/11 04:22 PM

This is for you both.
BE NICE, LIFE IS SHORT.
We're supposed to be FRIENDS?

Re: Apple Stores. - 12/09/11 08:43 PM

Part II.

Re: Apple Stores. - 12/09/11 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: choker
This is for you both.
BE NICE, LIFE IS SHORT.
We're supposed to be FRIENDS?

Tried.

Re: Apple Stores. - 12/09/11 10:03 PM

Most stores as soon as the barricade is done they place a big sign on it like , Sears Coming Soon. Free ads for the time of the project.

Could Apple be worried if they advertised then Dell and MS would open stores like next door ?
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Apple Stores. - 12/11/11 05:26 PM

Quote:
Could Apple be worried if they advertised then Dell and MS would open stores like next door?

When was the last time anyone even saw a Dell or Microsoft retail store? ;-)

Re: Apple Stores. - 12/13/11 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: carp
Most stores as soon as the barricade is done they place a big sign on it like , Sears Coming Soon. Free ads for the time of the project.
All Apple has to do is put up the Apple logos, that says it all.