Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow.

Posted by: John Rougeux

Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/01/11 06:34 AM

Surprised nobody has talked about Steve's last words. Gives me chills thinking about it.

Quote:
Recounting the manner in which Jobs approached death, Simpson said "what he was, was how he died." According to her, "death didnít happen to Steve, he achieved it," adding that, as his breathing slowed, "he seemed to be climbing."

To conclude, Simpson shared how Jobs' final words as he looked at his sister Patty, his children and his wife, then over their shoulders, were "OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW."

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/...last_words.html
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/01/11 07:15 AM

In his book he says that he views all the different religions as doors to the same house.
Sometimes he believes there is a house...sometimes not. That is the great mystery of life.

(paraphrased, but pretty close I believe).

I also heard that he said.. My God...It full of stars!
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/01/11 07:19 AM

I'm reading his autobiography and right now I'm in the part where he woos Scully
Posted by: DLC

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/01/11 07:26 AM

I agree with Steve on that one... different religions = doors to the same house. I think it's naive and stupid to think only "Christians" will be saved ! How narrow- minded and self serving !!

That's like saying ALL the good computer programs are only on Apple !

blush

OK - nevermind !!

laugh

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/01/11 07:49 AM

I'm only listening to it in the truck, so I am at the orange grove commune.
BTW.. his description of LSD mirrors my thoughts exactly.
AND.. in the very early 80's I was exposed to some buddhism and the book Be Here Now.
While the book meanders quite a bit.. it does have a good message about living in "the now".
Posted by: starmillway

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/01/11 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4

I also heard that he said.. My God...It full of stars!

like 2001 SO

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/01/11 11:00 AM

Hehe... yes, you got it. I was making a funny.

An interesting side note..
I always felt bad for Woz since he left Apple before it became the juggernaut it is today. I always thought that he left before the money started flowing.
I looked up his net worth.
Apparently he left Apple with 45 million and today is worth about 100 million.
Not too bad.
Posted by: carp

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/01/11 08:55 PM

Yep Woz is pretty well off.

Plus he is still on Apple payroll, not paid much just enough to keep it active. They do that because his employee number on the check is 01 or something nostalgic like that ?

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/01/11 08:56 PM

Yes.. now that Steve has passed.... he is the longest/oldest Apple employee.

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/01/11 09:07 PM

he is the longest/oldest Apple employee.

Thats a good point, makes me wonder if we will see more Woz at Apple ? ? He has been going to Apple stores for product debuts, more as a customer. I can see him as a spokesman sorta thingy maybe even keynotes ?

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/02/11 12:06 AM

I don't think so....
If they didn't invite him to the funeral... and Steve didn't call him in his last days, weeks.. ..
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/04/11 04:22 PM

Woz makes $200 per week from Apple - but don't expect him to EVER return in any capacity, cause they wouldn't have him.

Woz hasn't done anything in years. He really has nothing to offer Apple, even at the promotional level. He's a horrible speaker, and is somewhat out of touch with reality.

He's best left in the past, where we'll remember him as a technological genius, not the dancing buffoon that he's turned into lately.

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/04/11 05:08 PM

Hey he could build the 45th Anniversary versions of the Apple II !! wink

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/04/11 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: MacGizmo
Woz makes $200 per week from Apple - but don't expect him to EVER return in any capacity, cause they wouldn't have him.

Woz hasn't done anything in years. He really has nothing to offer Apple, even at the promotional level. He's a horrible speaker, and is somewhat out of touch with reality.

He's best left in the past, where we'll remember him as a technological genius, not the dancing buffoon that he's turned into lately.

I don't expect him to ever return. I thought that was very clear.... but thanks for the clarification.

He's worth 100 million.. he can be out of touch with reality.. he can afford it.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/04/11 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
Originally Posted By: MacGizmo

I don't expect him to ever return. I thought that was very clear.... but thanks for the clarification.

He's worth 100 million.. he can be out of touch with reality.. he can afford it.

Actually, he does/did a lot of volunteer work in the local schools.

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/04/11 09:39 PM

Well I dunno, I recently seen Woz do some TV interviews and he sounded like a good speaker to me. But TV is different from standing on a live stage, so that I dunno ?

He's a horrible speaker, and is somewhat out of touch with reality.

Well Steve had that Reality Distortion Field working laugh Woz certainly is not a visionary but I can see him as promotional, maybe a few TV commercials, maybe as a keynote host ?

I hate to say it but to me , Tim Cook sucks at public speaking - Don't get me wrong he is a good speaker , just he is very monotone , no emotion , lacks the ability to really kick punch lines like Steve did. I think this is where the Woz could be beneficial as a keynote host , introducing the other Apple VP's demos. Really anyone would be better than Cook when it comes to Facilitating.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/06/11 03:08 AM

That is the Pentecostal way all Christians will be saved which is line of crap. People are good and bad in life no matter what religion you are. I was brainwashed for 2 years with this thinking .No more I saw the light.

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/08/11 06:00 PM

Great... I think more and more "intelligent" people are seeing it this way. wink

It does reflect some higher intelligence I think...the more "fixed minded", "DO or DIE" followers tend to be those with low education.... i.e. redneck like. . . . little capability for critical or analytical thinking.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/08/11 08:25 PM

Sigh. This was a thread about his final words/thoughts.

His feelings on religion had nothing to do with what you and Jerry posted. You two can turn any thread into some kind of political or social diatribe. frown

Re: Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow. - 11/08/11 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Reboot
Sigh. This was a thread about his final words/thoughts.

His feelings on religion had nothing to do with what you and Jerry posted. You two can turn any thread into some kind of political or social diatribe. frown

Yeah... well none of that matters because Steve was a heartless, cold man who cared about nothing but his computers because he had them made in sweat shops in an impoverished country.
He didn't actually say that... but we can infer this.