Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/05/11 05:23 PM

Just read it on CNN. Sad day
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/05/11 05:24 PM

They have it on apple.com

http://www.apple.com/
Posted by: leicaman

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/05/11 05:30 PM

Very sad, rest in Peace Steve. Thanks for everything. Especially your example as a father and husband.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/05/11 06:16 PM

I feel like the day Kennedy was shot !! frown

GUT Punched !!
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/05/11 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
I feel like the day Kennedy was shot !! frown

GUT Punched !!

Yeah. Stunned.
I thought he would be around a bit longer.
After championing his products and using them for well over a decade... I am not ashamed to admit that tonight I shed a couple of tears for the passing of our old friend.
It's weird, in some ways I feel like we knew him personally.

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/05/11 06:35 PM

We ALL did Nuc... I've been a Mac fanatic since 1984. Your summary is very accurate. I feel like one of my siblings died !

Steve was someone we could connect with at the Keynotes , even though they were 3000 mi away ! Weird, but very true.

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/05/11 06:46 PM

I receive some small consolation knowing that all his detractors over the years can now kiss his ass... cuz in the end, he went out on top!
Apple is revered the world over as THE tech company of our time...

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/05/11 06:48 PM

Steve Jobs on death...

Steve Job's 2005 Stanford Commencement Speech, where he addresses his mortality. An inspiring speech, excerpt from Observer.com.
No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven donít want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Lifeís change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so donít waste it living someone elseís life. Donít be trapped by dogma ó which is living with the results of other peopleís thinking. Donít let the noise of othersí opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/05/11 07:05 PM

Rest in Peace, Steve, but I doubt that you will.
Wherever you end up, I just can't seeing you lying down on the job.

Steve Jobs has changed my life as much as anyone I've ever known.
Pretty much for one reason.

I've had a lot of fun.

And I don't think it's over yet.
Posted by: iBookmaster

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/05/11 07:30 PM

I ditto all the great things said here about the incredible Steve Jobs. DLC, it does feel a lot like Kennedy when he was shot.
Posted by: Mac007

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/05/11 10:59 PM

Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/05/11 11:33 PM

It's strange - I've been expecting this for some time now, so it hasn't hit me as hard as some more unexpected deaths over the last few days.

An impressive man.
Posted by: zwei

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/06/11 08:10 AM

The news didn't hit me all that hard until a couple hours after. The non-stop emotional assault from twitter had me choking up quite hard by midnight.

A life and technological era many future generations will be wishing they had the chance to witness.

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/06/11 12:03 PM

Hold steady on stock...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/t...uFQL_story.html

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/06/11 05:29 PM

Part of me was pissed off today. Pissed off that he is gone... no good bye... no parting words...

WTF dude.. you just left.

Then I was thinking that he's up there designing the iWing© for the angels...

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/06/11 05:30 PM

I was also thinking that he was probably clear of mind and mental function right till the end or near.
I wonder if that's worse...knowing that your body is letting down your mind.
Posted by: carp

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/06/11 08:06 PM

knowing that your body is letting down your mind.

Thats worse , the only other is knowing that your about to be eating alive by a shark or something.
Posted by: carp

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/06/11 08:10 PM

I been busy reading all those articles about Jobs.

What I find incredible is people from all over the world are mourning as well.
I mean would Gates get this kind of attention ?
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/07/11 03:57 AM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
Part of me was pissed off today. Pissed off that he is gone... no good bye... no parting words...

WTF dude.. you just left.

Then I was thinking that he's up there designing the iWing© for the angels...

I was too.

And also this reminds me of my sister and how now they know what it's like after death.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/07/11 04:20 AM

When you have pancreatic cancer your odds are that you will die in perhaps less than a year. This is a killer! Jobs was lucky he had made it after his transplant for 7 years. Michael Landon, Donna Reed, and Patrick Swayzee all died from this horrific illness which there is no cure as yet.

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/07/11 05:23 AM

I know he was lucky. Can I still be pissed off? Thank you.

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/07/11 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By: carp
I been busy reading all those articles about Jobs.

What I find incredible is people from all over the world are mourning as well.
I mean would Gates get this kind of attention ?

Yes, he would ! There'd be one BIG PARTY !!! laugh

(joking of course !)

I think Gates' greatness come from what he did OUTSIDE MS. All the support of World Health and humanitarian causes. Inside MS (esp 1985-95) he was a ruthless, unethical azzhole !
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/07/11 02:32 PM

I liked the quote Nucleus put up, here is another line, probably from the same speech (which I had my students read and comment on as part of a lesson a few years back):

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose."

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/08/11 07:24 AM

It occurs to me today that in some ways Steve still lives. I have a little piece of him right here in front of me as I type this on my Mac. I'll carry him around in my pocket today and use him this week at the studio to do my photography.
Thanks Steve.

For an interesting read minus all the petty trolls.. go here to the Apple discussion boards.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3360423?start=0&tstart=0

Notice that on the second page Manuel Rivera-Ortiz posts his thoughts. A world renowned photographer... one of many artists paying tribute, I'm sure.

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/08/11 04:18 PM

Well in his honor I ordered a new iPhone Friday !!

well thats my story to the wife, and I'm sticking by it !! wink
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Steve Jobs died - 10/09/11 04:02 AM

Do as you see fit.