Apple Stock?

Posted by: Mike

Apple Stock? - 10/03/11 05:10 PM

What the heck is the matter with aapl these days? A major 'announcement' (introduction of new stuff?) coming on Tuesday and the stock price drops to $374? Usually the stock goes up before the major event, only to drop the day after.
What the heck is going on here? Is everyone already disappointed that (maybe) there won't be an iPhone 5? confused
Posted by: DLC

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/03/11 05:42 PM

Hold on, the market is slow to get it.
Wait until Oct 18th at their Quarterly report.

I'm disappointed too, but AAPL will come back.... I think the bad rumor that started last week about cutting iPad orders spooked people. It's totally false, but the Market has missed that revelation...
crazy

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/03/11 05:56 PM

I noticed the stock dropped after the 'Kindle Fire' (et al.) announcement.
And then the rumors of 'no iPhone 5; just an upgraded iPhone 4S .
A 'drop' from $407 to $374? Not good...... crazy
On the other hand: time to buy?

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/03/11 06:17 PM

Quote:
Definitely- DO it !!

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/04/11 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Quote:
Definitely- DO it !!

Sheeeeesh! No iPhone 5 , stock down to $360! I think I'll wait a while.....

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/04/11 03:48 PM

IMO - NOW is the time to get in... it's way down.. they have a Earnings Call Oct 18th and I think it'll be stellar. I'd bet it'll be back near $400 by then.

BUT that said, ANYTHING in this market is a risk.

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/04/11 05:42 PM

Back up to $372.... Unbelievable!
Posted by: carp

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/04/11 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike
Back up to $372.... Unbelievable!

Me thinks its because of NO iPhone 5 - the stocks went back up due to the iPhone G4S is not a bad deal..

Besides I think the iPhone 5 - rumored tapered design was ho-hum. Yawn.
The 4S got the software updates that - if the iPhone 5 was gonna get on a debut, would have been the same software thingy.

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/05/11 08:13 AM

GAWD many investors are so stupid !

FYI for all - The 4S is a great product AND Apple won't have to retool (this late in the season) and lose holiday sales!!**
IF they made a new redesigned iPhone 5, they'd have to completely retool and never get the product out in volume for Christmas sales !! DUH !!! mad Then investors would be pissed over that !! mad

** It took Apple 1 FULL year to catch up with iPhone 4 sales... they just caught up and didn't want a repeat !

I think they were actually smart. Sure I'd loved to have a 4G, but this is 2X faster than iPhone4 in downloads and that "3G vs. 4G" is flakey because it depends on your carrier, your location, carrier customer load, and several other factors - it's not like comparing hardware speeds - many variables come into play.

Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/05/11 10:42 AM

I have mentioned this before.. and i'll state it again. The 4G network over here is bogus.
When carriers were starting to have 3G over other carriers 2G, that was a huge thing to help push sales.
So... when the 4G technology became public knowledge, the carriers were all to eager to state that they "have 4G" networks.
Uh... not really... they have rolled out just the basics to start being able to support 4G... more or less just so they can say they have it. ATT in particular.
I was reading this post and decided to Google a bit on it to see if it has improved since i last looked.This is the first link that I found.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/..._americans.html
Posted by: starmillway

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/14/11 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike
I noticed the stock dropped after the 'Kindle Fire' (et al.) announcement.
And then the rumors of 'no iPhone 5; just an upgraded iPhone 4S .
A 'drop' from $407 to $374? Not good...... crazy

374 - 422 = $92 per share for every one you bought on the day you made this post. I'm not too smart either. I left my money in my [ha ha] high paying certificates at the local bank !! grrrrrrrr

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/18/11 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Hold on, the market is slow to get it.
Wait until Oct 18th at their Quarterly report.

I'm disappointed too, but AAPL will come back.... I think the bad rumor that started last week about cutting iPad orders spooked people. It's totally false, but the Market has missed that revelation...
crazy

"For the first time in recent memory, Apple Inc. (AAPL - Analyst Report) has missed EPS expectations for its fiscal 4th quarter of 2011. The greatest gadget-maker in the history of the world also came short on revenues for the quarter. Earnings of $7.05 per share on $28.3 billion in revenues missed the Zacks Consensus Estimates of $7.31 and $29.5 billion, respectively."

Stock drops 6.5%? Ouch!! shocked

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/18/11 04:15 PM

ONLY 28 billion...ahhh man.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/18/11 05:13 PM

Never the less, from money.cnn;

Here's a consolation prize: Apple again edged out Exxon Mobil (XOM, Fortune 500) in the tight race to be the stock market's most valuable company in the world.

And;

Apple said it sold more than 17 million iPhones in the past quarter, falling short of the previous two quarters' sales figures, as some consumers held out in anticipation of the new iPhone 4S. That's still impressive, however, considering the iPhone 4 had already been on sale for more than a year during the past quarter. Apple said Monday that it had already sold 4 million iPhone 4S devices in the first weekend of sales.

Only 17 million in the last quarter. x $300? average each plus all the revenue that comes from the hardware, that ain't chump change. cool
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/18/11 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Reboot
Never the less, from money.cnn;

Here's a consolation prize: Apple again edged out Exxon Mobil (XOM, Fortune 500) in the tight race to be the stock market's most valuable company in the world.

And;

Apple said it sold more than 17 million iPhones in the past quarter, falling short of the previous two quarters' sales figures, as some consumers held out in anticipation of the new iPhone 4S. That's still impressive, however, considering the iPhone 4 had already been on sale for more than a year during the past quarter. Apple said Monday that it had already sold 4 million iPhone 4S devices in the first weekend of sales.

Only 17 million in the last quarter. x $300? average each plus all the revenue that comes from the hardware, that ain't chump change. cool

Apple is dying! whistle

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/18/11 06:04 PM

OMG.. you beat me to it! Damn!

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/18/11 06:18 PM

See other thread- Margin Call
Posted by: carp

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/18/11 08:50 PM

as some consumers held out in anticipation of the new iPhone 4S.

So they punish Apple for that now ? Then next quarter when the 4 millions phones gets added to that quarter sales, they will raise the stocks back.
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Apple Stock? - 10/20/11 05:43 AM

The stock will go up before the end of next quarter. This happens every quarter because the ANALysts try too hard to be smart and don't pay attention to obvious things like set release schedules and common sense.