Photo of Seve Jobs

Posted by: musicalmarv7

Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/28/11 03:46 AM

Yesterday I saw a recent photo of Steve Jobs on Apple Insider and it was sad and pathetic what he looked like.Like he came from a concentration camp my heart was hurting to see this icon looking like this.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/28/11 05:09 AM

Yes.. there is a thread about this in this forum already.
Posted by: zwei

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/28/11 11:34 AM

It's been photoshopped to make him look more frail. Google it.

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/28/11 01:27 PM

I saw that... but the photo agency that took is denying it. How to tell..?

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/28/11 01:31 PM

http://i.imgur.com/WV5Y0.jpg

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/28/11 01:38 PM

Also, here's a pic of Steve from a couple months ago. http://500px.com/photo/875827

via a tweet from Arnold Kim.

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/28/11 02:22 PM

I believe it more from the later pic than I do from the PS dissection of a lo res image.
Thanks...
Amazing what people will do.
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/28/11 05:51 PM

Regardless of the photos, I can tell you that I have a few friends that work at Apple, one tells me that he's not well at all, and rarely makes an appearance.

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/28/11 06:17 PM

Oh, I totally believe that. I can't imagine him resigning if he were feeling just fine. I just don't trust TMZ at all. Supposedly he was at Apple headquarters the whole day before his resignation.

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/28/11 06:19 PM

From a post I ran across...

If Microsoft can survive Steve Ballmer, then Apple can certainly survive Tim Cook. Say what you will about Steve Jobs, but even his toughest critics will have a hard time arguing against his contributions to the industry.

I believe that Apple has always had a strong executive team and will continue to thrive as a company. I also believe that Cook is the right choice for CEO.

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/28/11 08:30 PM

They'll be fine. I'm told they have products in the pipe for the next 5 years already - all of which Jobs has already "blessed." So even if Tim Cook is a bum, we won't know for years. Cook has been doing a great job for over a decade, and I doubt that will change any time soon.

While Jobs certainly was the heart & soul of Apple, he wasn't the guy coding the OS and all the great apps, or designing and building the hardware - he just approved the stuff. Those talented people are still there, and I suspect they'll be as motivated as ever to continue putting out great products.

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/28/11 09:35 PM

Agreed on all fronts. That's pretty much my take on it too.

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/29/11 03:38 AM

That is true he is in bad shape and photos that I viewed do not lie.This is not exaggerated this is the truth.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/29/11 07:50 AM

You're ALL wrong !!

Apple is going to DIE !!
laugh laugh laugh

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/29/11 09:04 AM

This forum is dying.....
Posted by: DLC

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/29/11 10:43 AM

Well yeah, . . except for a few crazy "holdouts" like ourselves !! wink

I still enjoy the camarade ... even though the group is smaller. I just more forum "old-timers" would check in twice a week or so. frown

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/29/11 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By: musicalmarv7
That is true he is in bad shape and photos that I viewed do not lie.This is not exaggerated this is the truth.
If photos told the truth, I would be out of a job. Ever hear the old saying "believe half of what you hear and none of what you see?"
Posted by: starmillway

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/29/11 12:52 PM

mmmmmm, pictures do not lie . . . .

Young Steve riding his motorcycle iPad

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/29/11 12:59 PM

Beat me to it Kate wink
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/29/11 02:16 PM

But wait, he's actually invented the iFountain, which is actually the Fountain of Youth. See...here's proof! This was taken yesterday.

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/29/11 04:18 PM

The iFountain turns pics into question marks??? Wow...too kewl..I want some.

LOL

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/29/11 07:18 PM

Turns them into blank spaces too
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/29/11 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
But wait, he's actually invented the iFountain, which is actually the Fountain of Youth. See...here's proof! This was taken yesterday.

Your pic isn't loading for some reason.

When I quoted your post the url shows up with the img tags but it won't load in your post. They must have their images protected from linking.

If I copy and paste the image url it loads in a browser window though, and it will also then load in your post after doing that.
Posted by: carp

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/29/11 10:30 PM

Right Giz

he just approved the stuff

Well yes he did but he did have the eye for the small details - not to mention he did CRACK the WHIP, to get products out the door on time.

Unlike MS.
Which took what like 5 years for a total bomb call Vista , than took a numbers of years for a Vista Fix called , Win 7 laugh not to mention other bombs called Zune and Kin. Plus what ever happened to these MS Stores ? ? I mean when an Apple store opens its on the TV news and plastered across the internet - MS stores I think I seen an internet 1st open video but that was it ? Only one , must be top secret only PCers knows ?? when and where.

Yes I agree - but can Cook crack the whip ? ? on the other VP's to get the products out on time. Or is the next software and products updates going to be 5 years away ? ?

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/30/11 03:51 AM

Go to Apple Insider and see for yourself.

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/30/11 05:01 AM

Yeah.. no one is silly enough to think that Steve Jobs did every single thing at Apple.. no one thinks he designed every aspect.. or that he didn't have input and advice from his top people.

:::rollseyes:::

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 08/30/11 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: musicalmarv7
Go to Apple Insider and see for yourself.
Apple Insider isn't exactly a reliable resource for reality. It has already been proven beyond a doubt that the image from TMZ is fake (which they are known for doing, by the way). I'm not sure why you find it so hard to believe.
Posted by: leicaman

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 09/16/11 10:04 PM

Yeah, well I remember from Photojournalism school the phrase: "The camera never lies, but photographers do." wink
Posted by: dorisqiu

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 10/14/11 12:37 AM

What makes us sad is the new he has passed away not long after the photo come out.

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 10/14/11 04:30 AM

I guess photos tell the truth especially what Jobs looked like a month ago before he died.

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 10/14/11 04:39 AM

You're being purposely obtuse. In this case, it may have been true.

So all of those highly retouched photos of models are telling the truth?
Case closed.

After all.. this photo of Bill Gates IS telling the truth.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=photo+of+...tx=64&ty=55

Re: Photo of Seve Jobs - 10/14/11 11:25 AM

No, the photo still doesn't tell the truth. It's coincidence that he just passed-away.