What Ya Think ?

Posted by: carp

What Ya Think ? - 07/01/11 01:00 PM

Crash and burn

A little late to the game but then again look at MS laugh
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: What Ya Think ? - 07/01/11 02:16 PM

What does crash & burn have to do with The abc news app?

Sorry, but your post makes no sense :p

Re: What Ya Think ? - 07/01/11 03:38 PM

LOL

I think it will sell to the Apple and MS haters <-- thats about it
Maybe a few million units but thats about it.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: What Ya Think ? - 07/01/11 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: carp
LOL

I think it will sell to the Apple and MS haters <-- thats about it
Maybe a few million units but thats about it.
I don't know about that. Saw this yesterday, a different take, with more specs. It will multi-task. That's being able to read a book and switch in an instant to check your email, then tap back to the book without having to hit the home button. It also runs Flash. Yes, Flash will die someday, but with as engrained as it is on the web it's a selling point for a long time to come.
Posted by: DLC

Re: What Ya Think ? - 07/01/11 07:12 PM

Yeah but Steve... the solitaire is 3D !! wink

Another reason Apple needs to push iPad 3 out ASAP !!
grin

don't let them get even close to catching you.

Posted by: MacBozo

Re: What Ya Think ? - 07/02/11 06:24 AM

I've read several reviews and they all state that WebOS is nicely done, but the TouchPad isn't anywhere near an iPad competitor/killer.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: What Ya Think ? - 07/02/11 06:56 AM

Hitting the home button to get around quickly isn't that bad at all. I can switch pretty fast.

One thing about that article regarding the HP slate:
"Text on the screen was comparable to the iPad, but the screen wasn't as bright under max brightness settings. The TouchPad, at about a half-inch, is noticeably thicker than the iPad 2. And at 1.6 pounds, it's also a couple of ounces heavier. HP's tablet has only the one front-facing camera; the iPad 2 and other rivals have front- and rear-facing cameras."

The weight alone is a killer. The iPad 2 is so dang light! And no rear facing camera? That sucks because having on is very nice when you do FaceTime and want to show something or someone

"Each visible card represents an active application tap the card and it takes over the full screen. Related cards multiple browser pages, say - can be stacked on top of one another. And when you're done with an app you can dismiss it by flicking it off the top of the screen."

Sounds neat, but by being active apps, doesn't that eat up battery life? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think iOS puts an app in like a suspension when you switch so that it's not constantly running in background eating up your battery time. Google Android apps face this same problem...always running and you can get a 3rd party app killer to stop that I think...or maybe that's freeing up resources or memory...something.

And as far as flash goes, he even said that it had occasional sluggishness due to flash. I don't miss flash at all!

Re: What Ya Think ? - 07/02/11 01:28 PM

Right John.

I read one review that, states after testing the TouchPad battery life, it ran 4 hours less than the iPad2. I guess HP needs a better battery saving scheme, more so if your going to have all kinds of apps open at the same time.