Mac App Store now open

Posted by: John Rougeux

Mac App Store now open - 01/06/11 07:49 AM

http://www.apple.com/mac/app-store/

"With the Mac App Store, getting the apps you want on your Mac has never been easier. No more boxes, no more disks, no more time-consuming installation. Click once to download and install any app on your Mac. The Mac App Store is now available as a software update for any Mac running Mac OS X Snow Leopard."

I have to wait until I get home to check it out, darn it!
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Mac App Store now open - 01/06/11 06:40 PM

Updated to 10.6.6 and it included the Mac App Store. VERY cool. I like it! Aperture 3 is only $79!! And I think this way I'll find apps that I like quicker than normal.
Posted by: carp

Re: Mac App Store now open - 01/06/11 07:22 PM

Thats cool

Bummer for me I need to get Snow, to bad Apple dissed 10.5.8 people ? Oh well.

I did notice that people who bought say a game for their iPhone - they need to buy the same game over again. Like 1.99 iPhone and then re buy for 19.99 Mac <-- WoW big jump. I would have thought that current owners of an iPhone app would at lease get a discount or something to port to a Mac ?
Posted by: zwei

Re: Mac App Store now open - 01/06/11 10:53 PM

Already spent $20 on it. Love it.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Mac App Store now open - 01/07/11 03:59 AM

Quote:
Aperture 3 is only $79!!

I saw that! Pffft.. I remember paying like $200.00 for version 1 and then another $100 for 2.0 update.
Posted by: EzyriderTX

Re: Mac App Store now open - 01/07/11 01:44 PM

Yeah that Aperture deal is sweet. Maybe I can talk my company into buying it. I've had to use iPhoto for the last 6 years for the thousands of photos I take here. Of course I'm still on Adobe CS 3 too.