"Get a Mac" Ads Over ??

Posted by: DLC

"Get a Mac" Ads Over ?? - 04/08/10 09:15 AM

ah geez... I hope it's not so...

Get a Mac

Justin Long says it's probably over.

But I do agree with one commentator... they should do one more and title it "Got a Mac" where John (PC guy) secumbs and gets a Mac !!

Super ending to the series. wink
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: "Get a Mac" Ads Over ?? - 04/08/10 10:03 AM

That campaign has pretty much run its course. Time for a new, fresh campaign. Actually, a "Got a Mac" series wouldn't be a bad idea. Get satisfied actual switchers to testify. Can I get an, "Amen?" laugh
Posted by: Lea

Re: "Get a Mac" Ads Over ?? - 04/08/10 04:51 PM

Agree, "Got A Mac" would be a great follow up.

Best Comment ~ If only Apple would package them all up and put them on iTunes.

They're classics, I don't see why not. I'd love to have 'em all. Then again, if I was the guy that posted that comment? I'd want the royalties, too. laugh

Posted by: DLC

Re: "Get a Mac" Ads Over ?? - 04/09/10 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
That campaign has pretty much run its course. Time for a new, fresh campaign. Actually, a "Got a Mac" series wouldn't be a bad idea. Get satisfied actual switchers to testify. Can I get an, "Amen?" laugh

Amen brother !! wink

Yes "Got a Mac" would be great.

I'd love to see side by side demos of common tasks... ie how much easier it is to do a specific task on a Mac vs to do it on a Windoews PC. OS X vs Win7.

Granted my work PC is very dated (XP) but doing anything on it is like running a Marathon with a 200 lb pack on your back and with the old sea-diver leaded boots. laugh

BTW that pack and those boots are called "anti-virus and security" software around here wink
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: "Get a Mac" Ads Over ?? - 04/09/10 09:02 AM

Considering that the Windows user has to buy, download, and install often expensive software to do what we do almost natively on our Macs..... wink
Posted by: Silver_Moon

Re: "Get a Mac" Ads Over ?? - 04/09/10 12:57 PM

No supporting Windoze, but it is a LOT less clunky on Win7. (Like I said, OS X is still the best!)
Posted by: Celandine

Re: "Get a Mac" Ads Over ?? - 04/09/10 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
ah geez... I hope it's not so...

Get a Mac

Justin Long says it's probably over.

But I do agree with one commentator... they should do one more and title it "Got a Mac" where John (PC guy) secumbs and gets a Mac !!

Super ending to the series. wink

Gone but not forgotten... wink

I just interjected a YouTUBE link into a 95% PC Forum

Topic: Looking for a better computer:
Quote:
i am sick of both my old computers they both let me down when i need them most!
one about 8 years old contains so much stuff i want to keep on 3 hard drives, and a new network card which is still not letting me access the web, hence the newer (ex school)comp, it is 4 years old and ought to be ok - i hoped, but has more problems than you want to read about..
Ppl keep telling me to just put such-and-such in one or the other and it'll be great. But are things compatible or not? and so on.
now i have almost made up my mind to buy a new one but would like some advice.
I would like to keep at least 2 of the old hard drives as one contains heaps of stuff i want to keep, the other much smaller and older contains my beloved Photoshop and Corelldraw programs for which i no longer have the disks, I also need Word but don't play games.
so what would i actually need to make immagemaking programs work well?
E-machines are sometimes advertised fairly cheaply, why are they called e-machines?- not suitable for what?
Would i get away cheaper if i'd keep my new networking card or is it to trivial an item to bother about?
I was told it wasn't so simple to jut transfer my programs to another drive or comp?
Is buying online a cheaper option as i live in the country. Our town has shops like Wow and Harvey and Dick and Office.

Following a lot of PC advice ..
..about updates & downloads..migration apps and deleting
past installs and buying USB shells..
..with "No concrete assurance that they will play together.."

I dropped the YouTUBE Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoGYBxbe_bw

Posted by: carp

Re: "Get a Mac" Ads Over ?? - 04/09/10 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Considering that the Windows user has to buy, download, and install often expensive software to do what we do almost natively on our Macs..... wink

Yes in Xp for sure you had to buy anything that was similar that comes free on a Mac . Not sure about Vista ?

I did hear that Win7 , has a nice image app that is on par with iPhoto and sorta looks like it as well and is free . Thats about it from what I heard in the streets