27 inch iMac 2 week delay shipping

Posted by: starmillway

27 inch iMac 2 week delay shipping - 12/14/09 04:27 PM

Too bad at this time of the year. MacObserver had the article I read. The interesting part for me was the "Gotcha" overlay on the page that scolded me for having ad bloc ability. smile

<--Click Bigger

Quote:
Apple Apologizes for 27” iMac Delays, “Working Hard to Fulfill Orders”

December 14th, 2009 at 6:55 PM - News by Bryan Chaffin

Apple has issued an apology for delays in customer orders for its new 27" iMac. The company has been seeing high demand for the model and order times pushed back, even as there have been increasing reports of issues with the computer's screen appearing on Mac sites and Apple's support forum.

"We are working hard to fulfill orders as quickly as possible," an Apple spokesperson told The Wall Street Journal. "We apologize for any inconvenience or delay in delivery this may cause our customers."

Both 21.5" iMacs have an shipping estimate of 24 hours on the online Apple Store as of this writing, while both 27" models currently show availability of two weeks. As the most popular Mac desktop on the market and the busiest shopping season of the year, delays couldn't come at a worse time for Apple.

It's unclear if the delays relate to the complaints of screen flicker and shipping issues regarding the new Mac, though some online media outlets have connected the two. Complaints began appearing soon after the models were introduced of a screen flicker on Apple's support forum, with one post having 1,265 responses and more than 193,000 views, both of which are high on Apple's forum.

More recently, customer reports of broken or shattered screens have been reported, with one blog dedicated to this issue having been started. The Apple iMac (Fall 2009) Issues blog is collecting data relating to the issue after the site's founder received an iMac with a shattered screen out of the box.

Posted by: carp

Re: 27 inch iMac 2 week delay shipping - 12/14/09 05:52 PM

Well

Shame on you to take advantage of those people laugh
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: 27 inch iMac 2 week delay shipping - 12/14/09 06:21 PM

Seems to be high volume of sales leading to the delay.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: 27 inch iMac 2 week delay shipping - 12/14/09 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Seems to be high volume of sales leading to the delay.
Things could be worse huh? Like excess inventory.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: 27 inch iMac 2 week delay shipping - 12/15/09 05:34 AM

Having seen one at the Apple store, I gotta say those things are huge!

I was disappointed to see that they took off the Firewire 400 port and added 1 USB. I wish they would put more USB/Firewire ports on them.
Posted by: drjohn

Re: 27 inch iMac 2 week delay shipping - 12/15/09 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
Having seen one at the Apple store, I gotta say those things are huge!

I didn't get that impression when I saw the 27" so I measured my 24". The 27" is 3" wider and the same height as the 24". Not a big deal. wink
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: 27 inch iMac 2 week delay shipping - 12/15/09 07:56 AM

Yeah, well...I have the 24" too but from the back side the 27 did look a lot longer. laugh

I also got to play with the magic mouse! wow...very cool
Posted by: DLC

Re: 27 inch iMac 2 week delay shipping - 12/23/09 02:03 PM

I'm writing from My son's new 21.5" iMac and this puppy is SWEET !

I can't imagine what a 27" is like!!

I love this new Magic Mouse ... gotta get me one... it's so sleek and responsive.

No wonder the 27" are BOed 2+ weeks...

I'm amazed its not 3 months !! wink
Posted by: starmillway

Re: 27 inch iMac 2 week delay shipping - 12/23/09 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
I'm writing from My son's new 21.5" iMac and this puppy is SWEET !

I can't imagine what a 27" is like!!

I love this new Magic Mouse ... gotta get me one... it's so sleek and responsive.

No wonder the 27" are BOed 2+ weeks...

I'm amazed its not 3 months !! wink

My son took his home [sad] We had fun playing with it. Loved the graphics card when we put a movie in to test it!

The mouse is pretty swift and nice too.

Only thing more difficult to get use to was the wireless keyboard without the ten key area. I can't understand why my fingers felt so pushed together. Should have measured it against my board.

Posted by: iBookmaster

Re: 27 inch iMac 2 week delay shipping - 12/23/09 03:38 PM

Kate, I've put that little keyboard directly behind my MacBook Pro keyboard and it's the same size believe it or not. I was surprised.