Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad WIRE

Posted by: anders

Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad WIRE - 12/02/09 05:22 AM

feel the same way please feel free to sign up for a member of this FB group ;-)

FB group
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad WIRE - 12/02/09 06:03 AM

My Apple keyboard that just came with my iMac has a numeric keypad and is wired USB - or am I missing something here? It seemed to me that I couldn't get a wireless (bluetooth) version with a numeric keypad.

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad WIRE - 12/02/09 06:05 AM

Oh, okay, I clicked on your fb link and see that you've put WIRE in the title when you meant WIRELESS - perhaps ran out of characters in the title field smile.

Yes, I was wanting one of those but couldn't get one. If Apple brings one out I'll buy it.
Posted by: SteveS

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad WIRE - 12/02/09 11:22 AM

Actually, I'd like the option of having a wired mouse and wired (not wireless)numeric keyboard with the iMacs. I'm not a fan of the wireless keyboards and mice. I don't want to have to deal with replacing batteries with devices like this.
Posted by: carp

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - 12/02/09 11:42 AM

I am with you on that one , I prefer wired

fwiw; I almost never use the key pad anyway - Then again I am NOT a 10 key user
Posted by: SteveS

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - 12/02/09 12:05 PM

I use the numeric keypad on occasion for entering numbers. To be perfectly honest, the majority of the time I use the numeric keypad is for games (first person shooters). I use my left hand on the keypad and my right hand for the mouse.

Speaking of mice, I do like the magic mouse for most things. Scrolling is better on that than a scroll wheel on other mice for example. However, Apple took a step backwards with regard to buttons. It's useless for most games for example.
Posted by: carp

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - 12/02/09 02:14 PM

Right

To be honest I only have 2 games and the numeric keypad has no influence on playing the games - ah space bar , command , option , up down arrows .

Yes a physical mouse buttons , IMO makes a difference when playing games , I mean how many times , you wanna get shot between the eyes while trying to get used to a touch sensitive mouse laugh
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - 12/02/09 08:09 PM

Apple's keyboards and mice suck balls anyway. Buy a Logitech or Microsoft set - they're MILES better anyway.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - 12/02/09 08:11 PM

Quote:
I use my left hand on the keypad and my right hand for the mouse.

Ditto. I haven't even used my new low profile KB from the new MP 3 months ago... I'm so used to the older version.
Posted by: Lea

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - 12/02/09 09:05 PM

I really like my KB (MP almost a year old), but I have small hands. It wasn't love at first sight, though. It just looked too lightweight, but it's a solid sucker, no bounce/springy/squishy key syndrome.

Never met a Mac mouse I liked. Ever. I use a Kensington (LogiTech is good, too, used one for a long time). So I've got a wireless mouse and a wired KB. But they play together really well.

Edit: The Puck! I was the only person on the planet that loved the Puck. Again, the little hands thingie. I still have him, too. I've always thought he'd look great shadow boxed. smile

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - 12/03/09 01:14 AM

I love the numeric keypad - but then I do a lot of number stuff from time to time. I'm just used to having the numbers there, and would probably adjust if they weren't. Actually, I really like both the new Apple keyboard and the magic mouse. I especially like the scrolling on the mouse, in all directions.

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad WIRE - 12/03/09 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: padmavyuha
Oh, okay, I clicked on your fb link and see that you've put WIRE in the title when you meant WIRELESS - perhaps ran out of characters in the title field smile.

Yes, I was wanting one of those but couldn't get one. If Apple brings one out I'll buy it.

Ups sorry, yes forgot the write wireless in titel.

I just dont understand why apple dont give the clients the opstion of choosing what they like. Wireless or not wireless.. It looks stupid that littel wireless they have now. Special in front of a big imac.

How do they think in appel?? What is there problem?

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad WIRE - 12/03/09 02:01 AM

My guess is that they're thinking wireless = portability, so if the keyboard's shorter, you can slip it in your briefcase or whatever.

If enough people request it, maybe they'll produce a long wireless version, but don't hold your breath.

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad WIRE - 12/03/09 02:15 AM

hi
yes but the the old white keybords was wireless so why not the new one..

well then we just need a LOT of members on the facebook group ;-)
Posted by: Nana

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad WIRE - 12/03/09 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: anders
Originally Posted By: padmavyuha

Ups sorry, yes forgot the write wireless in titel.

I just dont understand why apple dont give the clients the opstion of choosing what they like. Wireless or not wireless.. It looks stupid that littel wireless they have now. Special in front of a big imac.

How do they think in appel?? What is there problem?

They do! A looksie on Apple's online store for their iMacs

Apple Keyboard (English)
Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad

you can choose the wired Apple Mouse.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad WIRE - 12/03/09 02:55 PM

The/complaint/is/that/Apple/doesnt/offer/a/wireless/kb/with/the/numeric/pad.
Posted by: Nana

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad WIRE - 12/03/09 06:59 PM

I was responding to anders remarks.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Apple - We Want: Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - 12/03/09 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Nana
I was responding to anders remarks.
Sorry Nana, but I don't get it. Anders knows they offer wired keyboards with numeric keypads, but no wireless ones is what he was mentioning. Not sure why you pointed out they have wired ones. What we have is a failure ot communicate. smile