Hey, LoopRumors is using my designs!

Posted by: MacGizmo

Hey, LoopRumors is using my designs! - 03/26/03 07:08 AM

A while back, I designed a few desktop pictures for LoopRumors.com. The owner of the website said thanks and that's the last I heard of it (about 2 or 3 months ago). Today I took a look at their website just for fun and noticed that he has now published them for download. You can view/download them here.<br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site
Posted by: Trog

Re: Hey, LoopRumors is using my designs! - 03/26/03 07:52 AM

sweet! How come they don't acknowledge you as the author?<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Hey, LoopRumors is using my designs! - 03/26/03 07:56 AM

The really fun part of designing stuff is having people use it without asking. Like when your icons show up in Palm themes for sale. Ha ha, fun!<br><br>

Re: Hey, LoopRumors is using my designs! - 03/26/03 08:04 AM

Oh sorry sKrue... I should have clarified, I DID give them permission to use them, in fact that's why I made them. It was strictly voluntary on my part. I would have appreciated a "thanks to reader Jim Dempsey for the artwork" line somewhere on the page, and stated so in the original e-mail I sent them with the artwork, but I guess it's not gonna happen.<br><br>I'm just pleased to see my work out there, and hopefully, someone will get some sort of enjoyment out of using it - and that's all I expected from it.<br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site
Posted by: bganey

Re: Hey, LoopRumors is using my designs! - 03/26/03 08:08 AM

Got anything for 1440 X 900 for us 17" iMac users and for the 17" AlBook?<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Hey, LoopRumors is using my designs! - 03/26/03 09:02 AM

Nice, Giz!<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: nebosuke

Re: Hey, LoopRumors is using my designs! - 03/26/03 09:50 AM

In the future, you should use the 21px at the top of the desktop image that will be covered by the menu bar to enter any copyright or other information you want to get out. They can always alter it later, but then you will know what kind of people you are dealing with.<br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Hey, LoopRumors is using my designs! - 03/26/03 10:15 AM

Nice and clean! Good work!<br><br>

Re: Hey, LoopRumors is using my designs! - 03/26/03 10:27 AM

great idea! I will do that in the future<br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site
Posted by: ezyrider

Re: Hey, LoopRumors is using my designs! - 03/26/03 12:57 PM

Very nice! I'm downloading them now.<br><br>"Research is what i'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." <br>-- Wernher von Braun