SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/21/05 04:54 AM

http://section3.net/stevejobs_SNL/
Posted by: maestro

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/21/05 05:03 AM

Saw it, pretty funny.
-maestro
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/21/05 09:24 AM

Eh, I didn't think it was that funny. It wasn't a very good Steve impression.

but that's just me
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/21/05 09:47 AM

Sounds like Apple to me lol. Very funny, i'm going to send it to my buddies at work.
Posted by: JediJoker7169

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/21/05 10:04 AM

Disappointing... :ermm:
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/21/05 03:31 PM

I think this skit typifies the standard impression of Apple, which is rapid innovation and implementation. Madonna said something to the same effect to Steve Jobs in her interview with him during an ichat video demonstration.

I don't believe that apple is moving too fast with innovation, but do you think that this impression the rest of the US has could be damaging to Apple? People might eventually get to the point where they are afraid to get a new iPod, b/c next month another one will be out that is that much better.

I compare this effect to the megahertz war about 4 years ago. People held off on computer purchases because something newer and better would be out in a couple months.

I mean, this will always be the issue with technology, at least I hope, but I think there is an equilibrium that must be found.

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/21/05 09:05 PM

There still is a war going on with the fastest PC. That's what atlest the gammer world sees it as.
It is true about the iPod. I've seen like Circut City and CompUSA sell a iPod for like so much then a week later the new iPod comes out and sell it for almost the same price and drop the price of the old one or stop selling the old one all together. All I can say is all you really need is 1GB of space. Think about it, why would any one want 4GBs of music or more? I have about 3GB os MP3s on my PC but it's more then just my music, it's the family's music and also about 1GB of it is from my old band that we cheaply recorded and never shrunk it down so each file is like 70MB, but not counting my old band recordings and only my share of music I have 673MBs of music.
Posted by: griffer

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/22/05 06:08 AM

Not very good, but must admit that a floating ipod would be cool smile.

btw. hate people who whine about the fact that they don't want to buy electronics, because there might appear something better...

Well i agree that it's a bad idea to buy a new mac or ipod eg. right before an expo. But if you never take the chance, well then you have to wait forever, because evolution ain't stopping.

Post edited by: griffer, at: 2005/11/22 14:12
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/22/05 06:33 AM

Yeah, personally I'm delaying having kids until humanity evolves gills. And then maybe I'll wait for wings.......

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/22/05 06:36 AM

Waragainstsleep wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, personally I'm delaying having kids until humanity evolves gills. And then maybe I'll wait for wings.......

laugh

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/22/05 06:45 AM

Waragainstsleep wrote:
Quote:

laugh

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/22/05 06:54 AM

Quote:
Yeah, personally I'm delaying having kids until humanity evolves gills. And then maybe I'll wait for
wings.......

lmfao, good one.
Posted by: macDeviant

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/22/05 09:55 AM

TCPMeta wrote:
Quote:

All I can say is all you really need is 1GB of space

hmm seems like i've heard something like this before, the number 640K keeps coming to mind.

i don't know about the rest of you. but 1gig just isn't enough for me. i like the fact that when i travel to where ever. i'm not just limited to one CD or even 1gig of mp3s but my ENTIRE music collection. i like having one computer dedicated to serving my music jukebox needs. it's not like this is the depression, where we are only limited to our "needs." This is the age of electronical saturation.

/promt: command= "rant"
:progam "rant"; run complete
:in is now safe to turn off your complaint.

macDeviant
------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/22/05 11:25 AM

TCPMeta wrote:
Quote:
All I can say is all you really need is 1GB of space. Think about it, why would any one want 4GBs of music or more? I have about 3GB os MP3s on my PC but it's more then just my music, it's the family's music and also about 1GB of it is from my old band that we cheaply recorded and never shrunk it down so each file is like 70MB, but not counting my old band recordings and only my share of music I have 673MBs of music.

If only it were that simple... Keep in mind that space is relative, and depending on what quality and codec you are using, the file size per song will be different. I personally use 192 KBPS MP3. My ears and musical training won't allow for anything short of that bitrate. Including videos, I have 4963 files in my iTunes library, which occupy 35.73 gigabytes of space, and you'd better believe that I have listened to/seen all of them, and will again, many times over. I listen to music all the time, sometimes even while falling asleep. If I don't hear music most of the time, I go crazy. So, as you can see (I hope), not all can deal with being as thrifty as you describe.

Post edited by: JediJoker7169, at: 2005/11/22 19:45

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/22/05 06:54 PM

Its been pondered many times before, but how much space would be enough?
Peoples needs have undergone huge increases, first with the advent of mp3, its in the process of happening again for video I suspect, but its tough to imagine what the next factor might be to drive the need for space. Are we finally approaching a ceiling do we think?
Posted by: darkmanx

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/22/05 08:35 PM

That was pants, and not just pants but really big, dingy white girl pants. smile

I personally need more than 1gigs, i've got 20gigs full on my ipod and its permanently on random, think that i must have listened to all the tracks at leats once, but keep hearing some of the tracks over and over again.

Apple need to sort out their randomness programming. :angry:

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/23/05 04:27 AM

darkmanx wrote:
Quote:
...but keep hearing some of the tracks over and over again.

Apple need to sort out their randomness programming. :angry:

I've noticed this since itunes 1. i have 14 days of music, and my itunes set to random. i don't want to be hearing the same song twice in atleast a month

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/23/05 09:29 AM

Agreed. Even the Smart Shuffle doesn't work so well... I wonder if the programming can be altered outside of Apple (as in we could do it) to make it so that it would not repeat a song within a given amount of time... Maybe a program could even be written as a complement to iTunes to enable such functionality.

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/23/05 11:20 AM

Funny, I thought if you hit shuffle on a playlist, it would play each song once in a random order. I know it doesn't work that way on iPods. Can you even shuffle on a playlist on an iPod?

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/23/05 11:34 AM

It does work that way. The iPod random is the same as iTunes: if you shuffle a playlist or other set of songs, it will play each song once in a random order. You can shut off the iPod and it will remember where it left off in the shuffle process (assuming you didn't cut out of it) and when you turn it back on, it will start where it left off. With iTunes, however, it will not. What I was talking about was shuffling the iTunes library, where this is the case. I leave it on shuffle, and open iTunes when I get home from school and plug in my lappy each day. Unfortunately, I may hear pretty much the same songs as I heard the day before. That is the problem being discussed, I believe.

Post edited by: JediJoker7169, at: 2005/11/24 17:16

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/23/05 09:40 PM

Its something of a bodge job, but why not make a playlist of your entire library?
How do you shuffle a playlist on an iPod? Not had mne that long....

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/24/05 05:32 AM

you have to go into settings and set shuffle to songs. that will make whatever playlist/album/artist play all songs randomly..

Re:SNL Steve Jobs Skit - 11/24/05 09:19 AM

Waragainstsleep wrote:
Quote:
Its something of a bodge job, but why not make a playlist of your entire library?

You don't need to make a playlist of your library to shuffle it on the iPod. Like I said, the iPod will remember where it left off, assuming you didn't somehow cut it out of shuffle. It won't solve the problem in iTunes either, because iTunes doesn't remember where it left off. Making a playlist of your entire library would be pointless in this regard.