WWDC Announcements U Want

Posted by: krusher117

WWDC Announcements U Want - 06/04/04 07:05 PM

I don't know about u guys, but I want this WWDC to be awesome. In fact, I'm taking a PC friend to see the satellit broadcast at MacAuthority (assuming they broadcast via sat) so I want it to be good so he gets to see some kick ass product announcement.

My Question is what do you think will come out? Or what do you want to come out?

My dream announcement are:
Dual G4 Powerbooks
Upgraded (up to 3ghz) G5 towers WITH PCI EXPRESS and dual drive bays
New Pro Mouse with lots of buttons
Tiger demo that proves it will be worth my $$$$
New displays that match the G5
Posted by: karl

Re:WWDC Announcements U Want - 06/04/04 08:57 PM

krusher117 wrote:
Quote:
I don't know about u guys, but I want this WWDC to be awesome. In fact, I'm taking a PC friend to see the satellit broadcast at MacAuthority (assuming they broadcast via sat) so I want it to be good so he gets to see some kick ass product announcement.

Do they broadcast teh keynote? I was under the impression that since everyone there has to sign NDAs that the keynote will not be broadcast to the general public.

krusher117 wrote:
Quote:

My dream announcement are:
Dual G4 Powerbooks
Upgraded (up to 3ghz) G5 towers WITH PCI EXPRESS and dual drive bays
New Pro Mouse with lots of buttons
Tiger demo that proves it will be worth my $$$$
New displays that match the G5

I want Tiger to be free, but I will not hold my breath, also I wouldn't count on an dual laptops, but I would could definatly see a reved G5 and a new display, that would be very cool.

If you don't like Apple's mouse get a different one. There are tons of great mice out there for a good price, Apple really can't improve on that nor should they waste there time.
Posted by: krusher117

Re:WWDC Announcements U Want - 06/04/04 10:10 PM

no, last year the G5, xcode, and other things were announced at WWDC. Or am i wrong???? I hope they broadcast it.
Posted by: pzykotic

Re:WWDC Announcements U Want - 06/05/04 02:19 AM

I want free Macs for all!

Nah but really, I'd love to see the Dual 3 Ghz G5s with pimped out specs (pci express, better video, MORE DRIVE BAYS)

I'd be SEVERELY tempted to ruin my credit to get one, my 867 Mhz G4 is getting a bit old. I'd love to reformat and install OS X Server and throw it in the closet for fun and profit. Well, maybe not profit.
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:WWDC Announcements U Want - 06/05/04 07:32 AM

Well I would like to see the G5 in a powerbook, but I am not so sure that its going to happen. I have heard rumors of the 3 GHz G5 to be announced. There is suppose the following lines:

Single 2.2 GHz G5
Dual 2.6 GHz G5
Dual 3.0 GHz G5

I think that new displays are needed very much. The ones that Apple has now are ok, but mac users want something that matches the current line, the G5. The displays need to be more sleek and definately boast an aluminum look.

I agree with Anthony on the mouse. Why ship a mouse that no one uses. The functionality of the apple mouse is terrible, no one wants to hold a key and click to get the function of a right click, or even worse hold the mouse down for 2 seconds. A mouse is very much needed.

What about the 4th generation ipods? Not yet I don't think, but it would be cool.

My mate knows a guy inside of apple that is giving him something better than screen shots of Tiger. I have heard that the windows have some sort of 3d effect that he couldn't exactly put into words. Also, .mac is integrated much better/faster. Samba is much better. And I am hoping 64 bit! But who knows well see.

Ohter than that, I don't know what apple has to thorw at us. I guess we will have to wait and see!

Cheers
Posted by: scottk

Re:WWDC Announcements U Want - 06/05/04 05:49 PM

I want it to be awesome, too, but I'm a little worried based on Macworld in January. It wasn't anything to be happy about, that's for sure.

But here's what I think we can count on based on what we've been reading:

1. Speed bumped G5s
2. Larger iPods
3. Some type of device that links ipods to TV
4. Tiger showcase

Here's what I think is iffy or not likely:

1. Powerbook G5s
2. 4G ipods (color screen, etc).
3. Tiger being free.

I think Tiger will be amazing, and even more so when it's released. But it's not going to cost more than Panther did, despite some of the rumor sites saying the contrary.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re:WWDC Announcements U Want - 06/09/04 02:53 AM

I would be tickled if Apple would seriously lower the price of their LCD displays. I love the look and the quality, but just can't afford to put out that kind of money. This would also

Also, I would like to see the upgrade manufacturers step up to the plate with some upgrades for the G4 MDD line. I know that they are limited in what they can do, but it is wishful thinking.

I also wish Apple take a serious stand with Safari and make it so reliable and in tune with the Web Standards initiative that it pretty much makes the rest of the browser market put up or shut up. Personally I am tired of still having to design for umpteen different browser hacks.

Another cool idea would be to drop iTunes purchases by a few cents. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants to the rest of the wannabes.

Now I know it is rumored to be in the works, but if Apple could really pull off a water-cooled PowerBook G5 running at least 1GHz. Now that would be awesome. It would also put a serious damper in the rest of the PC laptop market.
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:WWDC Announcements U Want - 06/09/04 02:58 AM

Jobs confirmed that there is a PDA at Apple. However, he says not to get your hopes up in a press release. But, wouldn't this just be insane, if he released this at WWDC? I mean, he already is releasing the new G5's and the airport exress, and confirmed Tiger, there has to be something huge for WWDC, I can't wait!