Rumors flying

Posted by: MacBozo

Rumors flying - 08/13/09 12:34 PM

Latest is that Apple is planning a special event the week of September 7.

My guesses:

1. Snow Leopard immediately available
2. New iPods (new Touch would be cool)
3. Tablet is confirmed either available for pre-order or will be released before Christmas.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Rumors flying - 08/15/09 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Latest is that Apple is planning a special event the week of September 7.

My guesses:

1. Snow Leopard immediately available
2. New iPods (new Touch would be cool)
3. Tablet is confirmed either available for pre-order or will be released before Christmas.

You forgot #4.

4. Stock goes up 20 points !! wink
Posted by: carp

Re: Rumors flying - 08/15/09 08:18 PM

Latest rumor today was Apple will release a new iPod and iTouch to counter MS Zune HD

Most likely the iTouch will have HD radio built in and maybe lower prices on iPods <-- thats about it . Well update on Snows progress and release date .
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Rumors flying - 08/16/09 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: DLC

4. Stock goes up 20 points !! wink

You've never noticed that Apple stock normally loses 1 to 3% after announcing new products or good quarter earnings? The up tick is always prior to those announcements and the day of is profit taking sell off.

Re: Rumors flying - 08/16/09 07:21 AM

Yes,. you're absolutely correct- it usually goes down , it's amazing and demonstrates the disconnect between Wall St and the real business world in the last 10-15 years...

Apple could announce a 32 core super computer running at 10 Ghz with a 3D display for $199 and the stock would drop !! mad

but it never hurts to cheer for the opposite !! laugh
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Rumors flying - 08/16/09 03:47 PM

The stock goes down because the announcement NEVER lives up to the rumors and hype. But really, the stock generally goes up just before the announcement, so it's really just correcting itself, not necessarily going down.
Posted by: Mike

iPad? - 08/16/09 04:22 PM

Another one of those 'fakes'? Or is this it? It seems to run 'Leopard'.

The iPad?
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: iPad? - 08/17/09 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By: carp
Latest rumor today was Apple will release a new iPod and iTouch to counter MS Zune HD

Most likely the iTouch will have HD radio built in and maybe lower prices on iPods <-- thats about it . Well update on Snows progress and release date .

And a camera.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/08/14/images-of-next-generation-ipod-touch-surface/

Re: iPad? - 08/17/09 05:30 PM

Some of the backs of those sure look scratched up... were they PhotoShopped ?? blush

Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: iPad? - 08/18/09 04:32 AM

I don't think so. There is even a video. I think it was a test one since it had the red motherboard.

Re: iPad? - 08/19/09 05:07 PM

Ok... just being "devil's advocate" ! wink