A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs

Posted by: starmillway

A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs - 01/14/09 01:48 PM

KoolAde or your other favorite beverage.

Way ta go Steve! Love ya Baby!

smile

HuffNews changed its heading really fast! See Carp's and my post below.
Posted by: carp

Re: A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs - 01/14/09 01:53 PM

HuH ?

Just now on the news Steve is taking a medical leave of absence from Apple - hope the stocks don't tank

Re: A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs - 01/14/09 01:54 PM

Apple Inc.'s CEO Steve Jobs says he is taking a medical leave of absence until the end of June.

Jobs told employees in an e-mail that his health issues are more complex than he thought.

Last week, Jobs announced he had a hormone deficiency that had caused him to dramatically lose weight.

Apple's chief operating officer, Tim Cook, will take over Jobs' responsibilities while he is on leave.

Re: A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs - 01/14/09 01:57 PM

Apple chief executive Steve Jobs said Wednesday he would take a medical leave of absence through June, saying his health issues "are more complex than I originally thought."

In an email to employees released by the tech giant, Jobs said he would take the leave of absence "in order to take myself out of the limelight and focus on my health, and to allow everyone at Apple to focus on delivering extraordinary products."

Jobs, who disclosed on January 5 that he was being treated for a "hormone imbalance," said that since that time "I have learned that my health-related issues are more complex than I originally thought."

"I have asked (chief operating officer) Tim Cook to be responsible for Apple's day-to-day operations, and I know he and the rest of the executive management team will do a great job," he added.

"As CEO, I plan to remain involved in major strategic decisions while I am out. Our board of directors fully supports this plan."

link

Posted by: MacBozo

Re: A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs - 01/14/09 02:04 PM

Yeah. The stock will tank tomorrow. I hope this is temporary, but Steve has established his legacy and Apple will survive.

Re: A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs - 01/14/09 02:10 PM

Yeah but no one has the "Reality Distortion Field" like steve has and thats the real legacy
Posted by: Nana

Re: A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs - 01/14/09 02:33 PM

Apple survived the first time Steve was booted from his CEO job. It will continue to survive after he is gone.

I & many others I've spoken too didn't believe that hormonal imbalance BS story the first time we heard it.
Posted by: margadagio

Re: A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs - 01/14/09 02:50 PM

Shares tanked 10% in after hours trading.
Posted by: FSM

Re: A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs - 01/14/09 03:27 PM

yeah, it's down just under $80 right now. i might monitor things closely tomorrow and buy back in. or not. depends on what i think about the future. there's also a chance that Jobs is done at Apple. but the products are strong and that should win the day in the long term. unfortunately, Jobs has been the cult of personality that has been a big part of Apple's rise so time will tell whether the products can stand alone and thrive into the future.

Re: A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs - 01/14/09 03:52 PM

I would wait a few months before buying back in - fwiw

Apple needs to pull out a few great products without Steve , on their own to prove to the world that Apple does not need Jobs to exceed ?
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs - 01/14/09 04:09 PM

My bet is that he is done with Apple. Why June? I think they picked June and then will extend it and so on.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs - 01/14/09 04:37 PM

Quote:
Why June?

Developer's Conference?
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs - 01/14/09 04:42 PM

He is the glue that is Apple. Also my favorite pirate of Silicon Valley. An old mentor, first class salesmen that is now long gone, once told me that sales is simply ..."there is an ass for every seat". Steve Jobs knows what puts asses in seats.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs - 01/14/09 04:52 PM

Oh crap!!

Now I have to decide about buying in now and hoping it goes back up nicely.

Get better Steve-O!

5 months? Seems like quite a recovery period.
Posted by: Phosphor

Re: A toast to our leader, Steve Jobs - 01/14/09 06:14 PM

Dude just needs to get the hell off his macobiotic/vegan diet and eat some damned meat.

I only being halfway snarky...when Travis Barker was in that plane crash and got those serious burns his doctors told him that eating a more omnivorous diet (he was a veg or vegan, too) would help his body absorb nutrients and mend faster. He did, it worked and he was quite happy about eating hearty food again.

http://www.google.com/search?q=travis+barker+airplane+crash+burn+diet