OMG OMG OMG

Posted by: yoyo52

OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 08:22 AM

Apple Store down.

Well, someone had to do it wink
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 08:41 AM

New product announcements on the way? We'll know soon.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 08:55 AM

They have it set up like Steve normally does...

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 09:11 AM

So, who has the best blow by blow coverage?

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 09:14 AM

so far Macrumors.
I have them, engadget, and ARS:

http://www.macrumorslive.com/

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20090106-macworld-ars-macworld-2009-keynote-live-on-ars.html

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/06/live-from-the-macworld-2009-keynote/
Posted by: lesh

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 09:31 AM

It appears someone has hacked into the MacRumors feed...

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 09:33 AM

Looks like it. Some snotty nosed kid, it appears. Akula? Is that you?
Posted by: FSM

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 09:44 AM

wait, is macworld keynote today?

why did i think next week?

i am really, really off my game.
Posted by: trey

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 10:27 AM

Dude, that battery looks awesome!

shocked wink

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 10:28 AM

Crap, no new iMac or mac mini!

3 software updates and 1 hardware update. wtf. Who cares about iWork and iLife??

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 10:35 AM

if they're dropping out of MacWorld then it makes sense to save some stuff for Apple Events as that will be the new model full time.

iLife is huge, John. it was the one thing i wanted to see updated. iWork . . . meh. but the online stuff is nice. not sure how a fee-based version is going to be desirable to free Google Apps, but we'll see.
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 10:37 AM

iWork.com is probably going to be a dud. Google is free, Microsoft's online office is/will be free... and here's Apple - doing what they do. LOL

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 10:39 AM

I don't know. This was a dud compared to last year. The last keynote at MW and they do this? eh...

So now if they announce new products at their own event, who knows when that will be? I can't see them having their own for at least another month..probably at the end of Feb. at the earliest.

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 10:47 AM

i thought it was the best macworld evar!!11!!!

Phil >>>>> Steve Jobs.

EDIT: okay, seriously . . . this probably explains why Steve didn't want to be present. on the other hand, i like the improvements to iMovie and the DRM free music. i wasn't looking for new hardware so i thought this was a pretty decent Macworld without Steve Jobs. the software is what appeals to me most of the time unless i am in the market and that won't be for at least 2 - 3 years from now. i am curious about a Mac Mini or Apple TV upgrade, but only because the current versions aren't quite enough for me to add to my home entertainment system. but i might not go for the updates so i don't feel let down.

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 12:24 PM

I wonder if the Mini will see the one-piece aluminum treatment when it does debut. A nice option would be a SSD instead of the HHD, too. Not that I'm in the market, since I just got a Mini refurb. Can't beat the form factor of the little thing.
Posted by: Mike

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 01:05 PM

Quote:
Akula? Is that you?
grin Good one!

A laptop with a 'non-removable' battery? -- cry
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 04:27 PM

Better get used to the non-removable battery, cause the next update to the Macbook line is going to have the same thing
Posted by: carp

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 07:10 PM

Not pointed at anyone

I think the 09 group does have nice new features and iMovie went from okay , then to donkey piss and now it seems they are putting back more editing control.

Garage Band - holy cow , Apple figured out how to squeeze more cash out of iTunes . I mean 4.99 for music lessons from Stars ! ! <-- I betcha this takes off . I feel like taking the piano lessons since I have a piano , just don't know how to drag the iMac to it ?

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 07:30 PM

duh, you buy a Macbook.

;~)
Posted by: carp

Re: OMG OMG OMG - 01/06/09 07:58 PM

LOL - wise guy , care to buy me one , like the new 17 incher . I promise to send you audio files of my lessons laugh