Apple pulling out of Macworld expo

Posted by: Anonymous

Apple pulling out of Macworld expo - 12/16/08 04:03 PM

And Steve Jobs will not be giving a keynote. Bye bye, Macworld...
Posted by: Piper_14

Re: Apple pulling out of Macworld expo - 12/16/08 04:22 PM

It's the end of an era... as I doubt Macworld will continue (or even survive) without Apple. Too bad Jobs isn't doing the farewell speach...
Posted by: carp

Re: Apple pulling out of Macworld expo - 12/16/08 04:51 PM

I think Phil is is being groomed to take over Apple
Posted by: Nana

Re: Apple pulling out of Macworld expo - 12/16/08 05:28 PM

Quote:
Apple also holds its own events during which the company has introduced new iPods and computers in the past few years.

They do? Where at?
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Apple pulling out of Macworld expo - 12/16/08 07:06 PM

My finely tuned BS detector tells me something is wrong with Jobs and he must look like crap and therefore be unpresentable.

However, speaking of purely business, Macworld is a waste of time for Apple. They are now a company focused on raping AT&T (er...I mean "partnering") with the iPhone and the music business.

Plus, Apple likes to control their product rollouts...Macworld creates leaks.
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Apple pulling out of Macworld expo - 12/16/08 07:25 PM

It truly is the end of an era.

Willy Wonka has left the building . . .

Posted by: MrB

Re: Apple pulling out of Macworld expo - 12/16/08 07:48 PM

Maybe next year they can have it in a Microsoft meeting hall.

dave

Posted by: Lea

Re: Apple pulling out of Macworld expo - 12/16/08 08:14 PM

Hard to believe, really hard to believe, but I get the whole idea of trade shows biting the biscuit. End of the expo, I can understand, but it's impossible not to speculate about Job's health. I'd like to think that Apple can and will sail on without him, but he pretty much defines Modern Iconic Figure.

So does this make Macworld irrelevant? And does anybody care if it does? I don't, it hasn't registered on my radar in years.

Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Apple pulling out of Macworld expo - 12/17/08 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Lea
So does this make Macworld irrelevant? And does anybody care if it does? I don't, it hasn't registered on my radar in years.

It was great theater for Apple fanboys/girls. Maybe a MacTech Expo would be more fun these days? wink