Snow Leopard for PPC?

Posted by: yoyo52

Snow Leopard for PPC? - 11/28/08 03:56 PM

So the rumor goes
Posted by: Svend

Re: Snow Leopard for PPC? - 11/28/08 04:17 PM

Apple can take all the time in the world to perfect Snow Leopard, no need to rush out a beta OS this time, like they did with Leopard and Tiger.
Posted by: Piper_14

Re: Snow Leopard for PPC? - 11/29/08 04:20 PM

I like runing the latest software on my Macs, and if Snow Leopard runs on my older eMac, I'd be happy. Then again, I wonder if there would be any significant slowdown running OS 10.6 on a PPC chip...
Posted by: Lea

Re: Snow Leopard for PPC? - 11/29/08 05:05 PM

I like this rumor. So does Stan, my mature but robust G5. But ~ Will I be able to leap over Leopard from Tiger to Snow Leopard in a single bound? Will Adobe and Snow Leopard play well together from the outset?

Stan and I are looking for Yes and Yes. And I'm really Really glad to hear I won't be orphaned.

(Also, I may give up lurking. Maybe. )

Edit: Wha. Uh. I named my current Mac after Stan Laurel. I've had a naming convention since my first Mac, working my way through Larry, Curly, Moe, and . . . Wow. In retrospect, that I named my G5 Stan . . . Sorry, didn't mean to digress, but . . . Wow.

Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Snow Leopard for PPC? - 11/30/08 08:03 AM

HEY!
My G5 is named Curly, and the 3 hard drives are name "Moe", "Larry", "The Cheese"!
laugh
I also have a speech recognition Applescript to open my Adobe apps.
Every morning at work, my fellow employees here me say "Moe, Larry, THE CHEESE!"
smile

As far as 10.6 on PPC? I don't think it's gonna happen.
cry
Posted by: Lea

Re: Snow Leopard for PPC? - 11/30/08 08:29 AM

Sigh. You're probably right. So, the naming thingie ~ Verrrrry to know I'm not alone in my weirdness. When we win the lottery and I can buy all the Macs I want?

Dewey, Cheatem and Howe.

Posted by: margadagio

Re: Snow Leopard for PPC? - 11/30/08 08:54 AM

My G5 is called Jerome. Jerome is a giraffe that talks. honest
Posted by: Mike

Re: Snow Leopard for PPC? - 11/30/08 04:26 PM

Ahhhh, the rumors!
--It's not gonna happen: PPC is too slow!
Posted by: Dan

Re: Snow Leopard for PPC? - 11/30/08 05:04 PM

I think apple has the MS disease from uncle BILL Gates.

Then it could be that they hired someone from Commodore that would mean that soon every time apple brings out a new operating system you will have to buy new hardware.

Does that sound familiar.

Dan
Posted by: Piper_14

Re: Snow Leopard for PPC? - 11/30/08 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike
PPC is too slow!
Well, isn't the whole point of Snow Leopard to exactly speed things up...? smirk
Posted by: macbeemer

Re: Snow Leopard for PPC? - 01/08/09 03:31 PM

Some snow leopards have been sailing around in the pirate bay lately. None of them speak ppc.
Posted by: FSM

Re: Snow Leopard for PPC? - 01/08/09 07:02 PM

i don't care if it runs on PPC or not, but if forcing it to work with PPC means that they have to restrict a benefit to Intel Macs then i'd prefer them to just move forward without PPC.

both of my kids have PPC machines. they don't care which operating system they use as long as they can get online.
Posted by: macbeemer

Re: Snow Leopard for PPC? - 01/08/09 08:10 PM

If OS XI will run on a PPC, I will have no excuse to blow 5100 bucks on a tricked out 17' macbook pro.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Snow Leopard for PPC? - 01/09/09 03:56 AM

Yeah I agree... Apple needs to move forward and stay as far ahead of VISTA- Win7 as possible and if that means dropping PPC to do so.. well I have no problems with it and I own a G5 and a G4.

GO APPLE GO !!! smile

and as Beemer says, we'll have excuses to upgrade. laugh
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Snow Leopard for PPC? - 01/09/09 06:31 AM

They should burry PPC right next to OS9