Keynote is up...but look at Steve

Posted by: OSXaddict

Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/09/08 04:02 PM

Watching the keynote now, Steve looks REALLY thin! <br><br><br><br>I know he went through cancer treatment but I thought that was at least a year ago?<br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/09/08 04:52 PM

it's called "getting older."<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/09/08 05:16 PM

I noticed that in an ABC interview.<br><br>Drudge had a headline"Concern over APPLE Steve Jobs's physical appearance..."<br><br>Link<br><br>_______<br>
Posted by: iBookmaster

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/09/08 05:57 PM

I'm pretty sure he's vegetarian. I wonder if he has had food intake problems since that cancer. Then again, I'm sure he knows that very thin people live longer lives. It's easier on your heart to carry low weight. <br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/09/08 07:27 PM

I don't know about you, but I've been *gaining* weight as I get older... <br><br>[color:red]Work With ____!</font color=red>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/09/08 07:49 PM

Oh my God, Steve doesn't look very healthy at all. I mean, like, I'm his age and I'm having a heck of a time keeping my weight to a reasonable proportion, even with dieting and all that. Even my husband, who has never had a weight problem, has a bit of a tummy, despite the healthy foods we eat. <br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/09/08 08:55 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Then again, I'm sure he knows that very thin people live longer lives. It's easier on your heart to carry low weight. <p><hr></blockquote><p> Got that right. He looks fine. He's in complete remission he got the lucky pancreatic cancer, never had chemo or radiation. (He was a nut in the beginning trying to cure it by eating right but opted for surgery once someone knocked some sense into him.)<br><br>He looks like your typical gaunt vegan who will outlive us all.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/09/08 11:01 PM

I agree he looks sorta like the last Keynote,, just a bit older<br><br>IMO<br><br>I myself went under the 'knife" for an ruptured enpendex <-- not sure about spelling. Spent 10 days eating clear soup and jello and lost a pant load of weight,, that ended my career in the NFL anyway I played football as a halfback at about 165, but after the knife I was down too about 125 <-- stayed at that weight for decades and now hovering around 140, I guess beer gut??<br><br>Bottom line;<br>Going under the knife fuucks you up. On one hand surgery can save your life and on the other your body can go through changes in the aftermath like in metabolism gets thrown off.<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/10/08 01:15 PM

Here is an update from the WSJ...a "common bug."<br><br>_______<br>
Posted by: Mike

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/10/08 03:00 PM

"A common bug"?<br>Hmmm... The flu?<br><br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/10/08 03:15 PM

He's a vegan. 'nuf said. I've yet to meet one that is healthy and I worked with quite a number of them. (religious reasons). As they get older they look like h3ll. All the ones I worked with had almost non functioning immune systems and zip in the way of energy. They should have set up a Vit B12 dispensary at the place. Between B12 shots and antibiotics, they kept the pharmaceuticals in business. A Big Mac would have cured them better.<br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/10/08 03:19 PM

"He's a vegan. 'nuf said."<br><br>Maybe he got into some of the bad salmonella tomatoes.<br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson<br><br>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/10/08 03:24 PM

That would certainly ruin your day. Anyone would look like crap if they came down with salmonella. <br><br>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/10/08 03:37 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>bad salmonella tomatoes.<p><hr></blockquote><p> No kidding. Drives me crazy vegan organic holistic salad chompers. I hang out with microbiologists. I even married one. And during one of those hamburger e coli scares I was talking to one who tracks food poisoning cases. He was eating a hamburger. I asked if he had concern about e. coli in burgers. No, the thing that he would never eat is salad from a salad bar. One strawberry or a tomato and you are not going to the movies the next day.<br><br>The other reason why I hate the organic veggie stuff is I am practically forced to shop at an organic Whole Foods store. It's the only shop in town. They have "conventional" but you have to watch out. If you accidently pick up the organic you can be paying 18 bucks a pound for gross looking tomatoes that have been sitting in horse shi[i][/i]t.<br><br>Give me those Kerr-McGee fed corn and tomatoes. Nothing wrong with 5-10-5.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/10/08 04:07 PM

The only tomatoes worth buying are the ones you don't have to because you grew them yourself.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/10/08 04:13 PM

Even the home grown ones the last few years have been not that tasty. Did someone screw up and lose the seeds of the really good ones?<br><br>Nothing like a slice of Peperridge Farm lightly toasted, a thin smear of mayonnaise, big fat slice of cool home grown tomato and salt and pepper. I've made myself sick eating a garden full of tomatoes like that and I did it again the next day.<br><br>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/10/08 04:31 PM

All the tomatoes are garbage these days. In order to get one that tastes decent you have to grow your own from heirloom seeds.<br><br>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/10/08 04:44 PM

My wife gets great seeds, then, cause last summer's tomatoes were especially tasty around here.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/10/08 05:56 PM

&[censored] rabbit pellets now. He must be miserable.<br>Poor bastard. Life is for living. <br><br>
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/10/08 05:58 PM

"Nothing like a slice of Peperridge Farm lightly toasted, a thin smear of mayonnaise, big fat slice of cool home grown tomato and salt and pepper. I've made myself sick eating a garden full of tomatoes like that and I did it again the next day."<br><br><br>Heaven on toast.<br><br>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/10/08 05:58 PM

I agree he looks sorta like the last Keynote,, just a bit older<br><br>I don't know, I can't tell for sure. I looked on Wikipedia for Steve Jobs and he did look thin there from a picture from last year's Expos. But now he's much thinner. I hope he's ok. <br><br>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/10/08 06:07 PM

&[censored] rabbit pellets now."<br><br> <br><br>He does look like death warmed over. I'd rather be fat than look like that skeleton.<br><br>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/10/08 07:05 PM

Steve looks like hell. He used to be a real bad-looking dude, and now he looks like a skeleton. I'm praying for him. Even when I was a vegan and made my own bread by hand from whole-wheat flour, I didn't look like that. <br><br>
Posted by: bird

Re: 10 years common survival rate - 06/11/08 07:25 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Steve looks like hell.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I agree and unfortunately he may be fighting a metastasis to the liver which is common after a islet cell neuroendocrine tumor is removed. God forbid this is the case He kept his cancer a secret for 9 months prior to discloser so I doubt if he is out of remission any public acknowledgment from Steve will be handled along the same lines as he handled the first discovery of the cancer......<br>Jobs may be worth more to Apple than any other chief executive in the world, estimating that Apple's market cap would instantly bleed $20 billion in value should he abruptly be forced to abandon his leadership role at the company. <br> June 10, 2008 <br> <br>He kept his cancer hidden for 9 months<br>"The vast majority of those who underwent the operation survived at least ten years."<br><br>This is a wait and see.......<br>Hopefully it will turn out to be just a bug as many are reporting.<br><br><br>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/11/08 07:42 AM

How many years were you a vegan? Sure, most people can get away with it for a few years but over the long term it isn't healthy. Vegans are very anemic and prone to catching every virus under the sun. Every long term vegan I've met looks a minimum of 10 years older than someone who eats properly. One of my co-workers, an East Indian, nearly died because of his foolish diet. His doctor told him "eat meat or die".<br><br>
Posted by: zwei

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/11/08 08:39 AM

He's not vegan ...he's a pescatarian. (as far as I know) He eats fish.<br><br>People who think you MUST eat meat to be healthy are fooling themselves. There are enough alternative places to get protein. Nuts, beans, lentils. B vitamins ARE found in other foods. If you are going for a healthy diet I would believe that pescatarian would be one of the best diets out there. Fish is so much healthier for you than red-blooded meat.<br><br>Even our ancestors had a diet of mainly nuts, grains, and berries. <br><br>zweisoft<br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by zwei on 06/11/08 11:46 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/11/08 09:19 AM

While B vitamins are found in other food sources like you suggest, you need to be eating them all day and night to get the quantity you need. Our bodies don't metabolize the vitamins in beans, nuts etc the same way as meat. It isn't all about the individual vitamins and minerals but rather how they interact with each other. Eating a modest diet of every food group is by far the most healthy. Too much or too little is not a good thing.<br><br>There is no evidence to suggest our ancestors didn't have at least some meat or fish in their diet. I'm not talking about eating a big assed steak by yourself but rather some animal killed and shared within the group.<br><br>I suppose there are a few folks out there but I've yet to meet a vegan or even a serious vegetarian that didn't have a constant runny nose or was sick with something. I've gone YEARS without being bed ridden by some virus. That's a lot more than I can say for the rabbit food nuts that I know.<br><br>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/11/08 09:56 AM

I had a German cello teacher who was a 3rd generation vegan, and she was healthy as all hell, and in no way anaemic. I read somewhere that there are two 'types' of people genetically, and that one type can't survive on a vegan diet, and the other can, but I can't remember where I read it. I was ill a lot when I was a vegan, but then I was ill a lot when I wasn't.<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/11/08 10:31 AM

If you don't eat meat for long periods your body adjusts to get the most out of what it's being fed. As a matter of fact ...if you haven't eaten meat for a long time and you DO ...it'll make you hurl because your body loses the ability to digest it in the normal fashion. You'd have to slowly add it back into your diet.<br><br>The domestication of animals is what bumped up our intake of meat. <br><br>While I do eat meat ...I have cut back massively. I don't like eating a lot of growth hormone ...and I don't like the idea of clearing out forest to make room for more cow food. The best thing that can happen with meat would be to stop growing our food the old fashion way and start cloning it. Grow me a slab of meat in a sterile environment without antibiotics and minus the fat. Problem solved. Lean, healthy meat that shouldn't even piss off peta people because it's never been a living breathing creature. <br><br><br>zweisoft<br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/11/08 12:35 PM

Maybe there is something to this. I didn't really recognize how bad he has gotten until I came across this photo. 5 months hasn't been well to Steve.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/11/08 01:36 PM

i am not finding the research to support what you're saying about vegans. you appear to be relying on your own anecdotal information and not more scholarly research. what i can find shows that vegans are more healthy in some research studies and i also found a big meta analysis showing that vegans and vegetarians were no less healthy than folks who ate meat (not entirely accurate, but that's the gist and it does barely touch on vegans: <a href="http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/70/3/516S">link to abstract</a>. the American Dietetic Association notes that a poorly planned vegan diet can miss important nutrients and that's what you seem to be noting now, but i know of folks who aren't vegans who plan poor diets so veganism isn't the root of that. if anything, a person who is a vegan is going to be more aware of his or her diet. i wish i could do it. i just avoid dairy right now. but i love me some good seared tuna or a big juicy steak. <br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/11/08 03:20 PM

exactly ...if you actually pay attention to what you eat there is no downside to being a vegan/vegetarian. If you just eat lettuce and celery ...yea ..you are gonna have problems. Then again, eat nothing but hot dogs, chicken mcnuggets, etc and see how long you live. <br><br>zweisoft<br>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/11/08 05:18 PM

Yes, my info is anecdotal in that it's not something I read but something I know to be a fact with at least some individuals who were lifetime vegans. I knew these folks for 25 years and watched their downward slide in health. By the time they were in their late 40's and early 50's they spent more time off work than they were there. No, it wasn't heart problems or cancer but rather plain ordinary diseases like the common cold that they didn't seem to be able to handle anymore. While they looked fine in their younger years they sure looked like death warmed over later on. It was pretty weird sitting around the coffee table listening to that group discussing their B12 shots. The only answer I have is perhaps Indian food makes a lousy vegan diet.<br><br>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/11/08 05:49 PM

Marg,<br><br>Not trying to be contentious here, but we can't blame Steve's healthy diet on his getting cancer. Overweight people also aren't immune to getting cancer. We are just beginning to understand cancer, and it's an oversimplification to suggest that eating healthy foods causes it.<br><br>I'm just worried about Steve, is all, and it isn't fair to blame anything he did (or didn't do) for him getting cancer. It's just a shame is all.<br><br>I was a vegetarian for a number of years (probably 5 years or so) and I didn't suffer any problems because I saw to it that there was plenty of natural protein in my diet. Even now I rarely eat meat, and when I do it's mostly used sparingly as a flavoring to otherwise vegetarian dishes. Well, except for a nice grilled burger or baked chicken wings once in a while. Got to have some fun! <br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/11/08 05:55 PM

Huh? Did I say I was blaming Steve's cancer on his diet? I don't think so. Anyone can get cancer. I don't care how fat or skinny you are.<br><br>I believe I said Steve's horrid "looks" could be a result of his diet. <br><br>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/11/08 06:28 PM

Holy Moly! Your pic shows up as a ? until I right clicked on it. He really has lost a LOT of weight. His shirt is literally hanging off of him now. <br><br><br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: carp

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/11/08 09:18 PM

[color:blue] big meta analysis showing that vegans and vegetarians were no less healthy than folks who ate meat</font color=blue><br><br>I agree with that - when done in moderation a more balanced and round diet is the way to go. Nut proteins and meat proteins are not really the same, plus meats have certain amino acids that you cannot get from plants and nuts. Plus who knows what else vegans are missing?? <-- are the studies really 100% accurate ? I remember one time they said "Salt" was really bad but it turns out 30 years later that salt is good.<br><br>Bottom line;<br><br>Eating steak for diner, cheese burgers for lunch and bacon every day - is not the way to go. I may eat a steak maybe once or twice a month, maybe eat 3 strips of bacon or sausage once a week or every other week. Maybe buy a burger twice a month or substitute it with a lean sandwich from Subway sorta thing. I tend to eat more salads and vegetables and chicken and fish.<br><br>I read an article that mentions Americans tends to eat more fatty foods - where as Australians and New Zealanders eats 40% more leaner meats in the way of Lamb and by products - SO instead of having that big steak eat a lamb chop instead.<br><br>
Posted by: Alec_Fromm

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/12/08 04:53 AM

"You're sincerely wasting away." - When I'm Sixty-Four, Beatles<br><br>First thing that came to mind after looking at those two pics... that are only 5 months apart! I'm keeping my fingers crossed his weight loss is due to diet change, but fear much worse.<br><br>- a.k.a. Mississauga -

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/12/08 08:29 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>"You're sincerely wasting away."<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Well that's a new spin on the platter.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/12/08 08:10 PM

That cracked me up... <br><br>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/13/08 05:37 AM

I'm keeping my fingers crossed his weight loss is due to diet change, but fear much worse.<br><br>I do too. Have we ever had someone impact our lives like Steve Jobs has? I am so glad he came back to the helm and rescued Apple. Mac OSX has been the saviour OS for me and all Mac users I'm sure. <br><br>

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/13/08 06:04 AM

Found this today: http://www.cnbc.com/id/25096807?__source=RSS*blog*&par=RSS<br><br><br>Which brings us to what is now the official Apple statement about all this: That Jobs has been suffering from a virus, and thanks to an antibiotics regimen, is getting better daily, spokeswoman Katie Cotton, vice president of worldwide communications, tells me this morning. She also knows that if the statement she's sharing isn't true, she risks going to jail. This is material information about the CEO of a company that hinges on his ability to run the place. Apple is synonymous with Jobs and vice versa.<br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/13/08 06:18 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Holy Moly! Your pic shows up as a ? until I right clicked on it. He really has lost a LOT of weight. His shirt is literally hanging off of him now. <p><hr></blockquote><p>If he were an actor, all the stories would be raving about how great he now looks on his new miracle diet.<br><br>
Posted by: Alec_Fromm

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/13/08 06:26 AM

"If he were an actor, all the stories would be raving about how great he now looks on his new miracle diet."<br><br>He'd need silicon breasts.<br><br>- a.k.a. Mississauga -

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/13/08 08:33 AM

Now there's an opportunity for a PS pro.<br><br><br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Keynote is up...but look at Steve - 06/13/08 10:35 AM

Anyone else notice how, when he got the teams who developed the latest iphone to stand up and be applauded, they were almost universally 'a bit chubby'? Makes you wonder...<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>